Thread: Is milk bad?

Nino99GT is offline New Member

Question Is milk bad?

I know that milk has alot of sugar that up's your GI, right?. I drink about 4 gallons of milk a week in protein shakes and for breakfast. How bad, if at all, is that for me if I'm following a bulking diet? Is it bad in a cutting diet?

Thanks,

BIG R is offline Member
    El Nino,

It depends on the type of milk that you are drinking.

R

Fat Free milk 12g sugar and 9g protein per serving

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Milk is neccessarily bad but not a prefered source of protei n, low fat milk still contains alot of sugar and is high in lactose. It would not be on my list of protein sources.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    It is fine when bulking, low fat milk that is, but when cutting I would stay away from it.

Pain

demetri is offline Member

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I personally have cut WAY back on milk whenther bulking or dieting anymore.

harl is offline Associate Member
    4 gallons a week holly shizz When im dieting I only have around 1 1/2 cups a day, thats about a 1/2 gallon of skim a week, and thats post work out only.

chinups Guest
    I love milk but I have heard that it makes your skin thicker, dairy in general does...

Bump

SilverSiR is offline Junior Member
    Too much milk gives me the fuckin runs, I try to keep it at 3 cups a day.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    If you're of Scandinavian decent (like me) it makes a big difference. There's a genetic component to a person's ability to digest milk -Scandinavians are best adapted to it while a lot of people from other parts of the world loose their ability to digest it properly after childhood.
    This may sound really freaky but I drink about a gallon of skim milk a day.
    Am I nuts?
    I just started my first cycle a couple weeks ago and while I haven't cut back on the milk at all I've cut way back on other carbs -just lost my appetite for them since I've upped the protein.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I love milk, and have always been led to believe that it is wonderful for you..Calcium, Protein...When I was younger I would drink the good ol' Vitamin D regular milk. The recent past, I was only drinking milk post-work out and at breakfast...but now I am defiantely having to rethink things!

Rayman is offline New Member
    i'm curious... what do you guys have to say about soy milk? i'm lactose intolerant and i can only handle about a cup of dairy all day, and that's included in food like cheese. if i ever drink straight milk i'm in trouble. i drink lots of soy tho. yay for no lactose!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Rayman
    i'm curious... what do you guys have to say about soy milk? i'm lactose intolerant and i can only handle about a cup of dairy all day, and that's included in food like cheese. if i ever drink straight milk i'm in trouble. i drink lots of soy tho. yay for no lactose!
    I will bumb for you I haven't seen much on soy milk, except I have seen stuff saying soy lowers natural Test levels.

Pain

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by painintheazz

I will bump for you I haven't seen much on soy milk, except I have seen stuff saying soy lowers natural Test levels.

Pain
    Damn..I'd like to know more about that!!!

demetri is offline Member
    I quit drinking milk 5 years ago and started drinking soy milk. I stopped drinking that 3 years ago when I found out that it raises estrogen levels. At that point I also stopped eating any MRPs that had soy.

I was very paranoid. I've started drinking milk on the weekends but that's to help my fibre cerel go down I've gone back to Homogonized milk instead of skim as I figure it's the least processed.

I can't tollerate too much milk wich is why I switched to soy in the first place. I also tried yak and goat milk but I couldn't handle the taste.

I've heard so many bad things about milk, now there's a cycle of research showing that it's good. It's hard to know what to believe. I'll state that I felt much better after I quite drinking it 5 years ago, but I don't feel bad now consuming my 1/2 litre of milk on the weekend.... must be the fibre.

Raptor is offline New Member

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Actually, since I last posted I've been doing more research and I'm surprised to find how much sugar milk has -it's not sucrose, it's lactose, but apparently as far as your body is concerned it's still sugar and is processed as such. From what I can tell, it's about half as much sugar per liter as, say, Coke has.

Consequently I've cut it out later in the day and replaced it with cottage cheese, which has 2gr. carbs/ 8 oz, while sk milk has 12. I was drinking so much before bed I really think it was putting a lot of bodyfat on me as a result of the sugars.

I still think it's great post-workout, especially after cardio.

Thread Information