Thread: Gum

margo is offline Female Member

Question Gum

Hey everybody!
    I chew alot of gum each day and was just wondering if it has any impact on your body?
    Can gum make you bloat and what about gum tricking your body...?
    Margo
    Train hard - Eat smart

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Is it sugar free, if so it wont be that bad but I cut back even on my sugar free, I was chewing 14 peices a day and that is about 70+ cals, I much rather eat an extra 70cals then just chew it now I limit myself to 4 peices a day. BTW, if it isn't sugar free then watch out, you ever see how many cals are in bubble yum.....

Pain

margo is offline Female Member
    Itīs so great to have you on this board Pain... thank you for quick answears!!!
    Well it is sugarfree but Iīm chewing about 15 pieces a day :/ so I was just wondering if it maybe isnīt good for my stomach!!!
    I didnīt know about the calories..... wow 70+ cals. I haveto take that in concern
    Margo
    Train hard - Eat smart

I don't know about the bloat, most that I just looked at don't have any sodium so I don't think it could do much about the bloat. I will say that I used to chew gum when I was hungry to curb me eating something but it always seemed to make he hungrier, then I saw a study that said chewing gum actually does make you hungrier. It tricks your body, the act of chewing sends signals to your stomach that food is coming, but no food comes and your body releases all its juices and nothing comes. Then it gets confused and sends a hungry signal to your brain (in an short des of what happens) I have noticed that since I have cut back on the gum I haven't been as hungry!!! So if you are dieting try cutting back and see what it does.

Pain

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Chewing gum makes me hungrier as well....I will chew some after a meal or after a protein shake.( so noone has to smell keto breath!) ,but that is it.

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    hey guys anyway, ive read that just the fact of chewing the gum your burn those sugar-free calories that cam from the gum...

Originally posted by J-F
    hey guys anyway, ive read that just the fact of chewing the gum your burn those sugar-free calories that cam from the gum...
    I can see that being true dependent upon the time chewed.

Pain

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    There was actually a thread like this a while back. The guys that were bulking wouldn't chew gum cuz they didn't want to burn any calories from chewing. The guys that were cutting didn't want to chew it because of the 2g of sugar(or if its sugar free, then they'd want to avoid the aspartame).

Thread Information