johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

Any Althernative to Whey?

Hey bros,

Any info on good alternatives to whey-based proteins? Although I love milk there's something about whey that makes me feel like I'm at deaths' door for hours after I take it, like someone poured about a gallon of Elmer' Glue into my arteries or something. I was using MetRX for years but I've had to lay off that as well, and it's only 40% whey if I understand correctly, it just made me feel too lousy.

So I'm using lots of Egg and Soy proteins and about a gallon a day of skim milk, besides fish & chicken to keep the protein up for my first cycle.

Any suggestions? Anybody have experience with egg & cassein powder?

Thanks bros.

jayg is offline Junior Member

Re: Any Althernative to Whey?

Casein is a good protein as well. Will Brink's site has some good info I believe.

Jay

Originally posted by johnsomebody
    Hey bros,

Any info on good alternatives to whey-based <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>s? Although I love milk there's something about whey that makes me feel like I'm at deaths' door for hours after I take it, like someone poured about a gallon of Elmer' Glue into my arteries or something. I was using MetRX for years but I've had to lay off that as well, and it's only 40% whey if I understand correctly, it just made me feel too lousy.

So I'm using lots of Egg and Soy <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>s and about a gallon a day of skim milk, besides fish & chicken to keep the <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> up for my first cycle.

Any suggestions? Anybody have experience with egg & cassein powder?

Thanks bros.

Thanks bro.
    This the one?
    http://www.brinkzone.com/soy.html

jayg is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, he mentions casein in several of his whey articles too. Good luck bro.

Jay

Anybody know of any good brands of casein protein powders? I can't seem to find any.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by johnsomebody
    Anybody know of any good brands of casein <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> powders? I can't seem to find any.
    I don't know of any store brand, but www.proteinfactory.com has it.

Pain

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Casein absorbs slower than Whey and is the other part to milk. Milk is much higher in Casein than Whey. Casein is still a good protein with a rather high biological value - your body's ability to utilize it (basically based on it's amino acid structure). But Whey has the highest biological value and is absorbed fast for post workout and early morning.

Have you tried taking some digestive enzymes or FOS to help digestion? Do you have any allergies?

Thanks, Pain, I'll check into it.

Thanks, warrior.
    I can maybe handle whey maybe 30g max post workout but for some reason if I take it regularly, like two or three times a day, it starts making me really sluggish and groggy, almost like it's effecting my nervous system. MetRX was doing that to me and was also making me incredibly thristy all the time. KInda bizarre. The weird thing is it takes time to start affecting me adversely, like a couple weeks.

I drink about a gallon of sk milk a day and it effects me only slightly but for some reason the processed stuff really screws me up. I was wondering if anyone else had that problem.

Cassein sounds like a good idea since other than post workout and, like you say, first thing in the AM, long-acting protein seems like it would be better than whey anyway.

Thread Information