dantheman30 is offline New Member

Deperatly need a diet plan to shed fat

I've been reading and reading and I just don't get it... So many diff examples of diets...

I'm at 40% bf, 5'9" and 240 pounds..

I want to loose as much as I can as fast as I can, my self esteem is at an all time low, is there a diet to kick start that will help you appearance wise loose weight or if anyone could show me a good example of a 1500 calorie diet so I can cut weight.

Today is my third day at the gym, I'm on a plan and will be there 7 days a week. I'm doing 20 mins of cardio on an elliptical, and a weight circuit that targets the entire body.

When the diets are talking about oatmeal and a ration of .5 cup is that a dry cup you cook or a cooked cup?

If anyone could post an example of protein sparing diet would look like.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    170P
    50F
    250C

25g fiber, 2 fruit, 2 vege, 6 fish oil caps

Hit those macros religiously for 2 weeks and check back in with progress....

Do 4 x 400 calorie cardio sessions also....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

And measurements are always dry or raw

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

blummy is offline Junior Member
    When i lost my 48lb i just watched what i ate and ran every second day. I started by running 3k. (used to take me about 22 min) now i run it in under 10min. I didn't understand anything about macros then. (probably still don't)
    But just keep up the running or some type of cardio and try hit the macros targets that base put up there for you and you will loose the weight very easy.. Took me about 2-3 months to loose it. Turn it into your lifestyle and it will be so much easier and you wont fall back to somewhere you don't want to be.

Goodluck

baseline can you break that down into food.. I'll do it just not sure of the food

It's hard to break down into food not knowing what you eat and some simple foods you eat?

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...y-diary**.html

In there are some foods i eat and the macro breakdowns i've come up with from getting them of the packets ect ect. the first couple of ones i didn't put macros on so keep scrolling down. Obviously it wont work for you becuase my macros are different to yours (so different serving sizes) but that can be some ideas on what to put together? Not sure if it's right but it seems to work for me ok. But as base has suggested i need to change my macro targets anyway.

Hope this helps a little.

Also i haven't said what i've made from the ingredients it's just the foods so if you want to know what i've made from certain foods ask

poison is offline Junior Member
    The food source itself isn't that important as long as you're hitting the macros (amt of protein/fat/carbs). It's easy if you get a food log like myfitnesspal or something that keeps track of your macros per day.

^ True but obviously with the carbs have low GI and try eat the essential fats.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman30 View Post
    baseline can you break that down into food.. I'll do it just not sure of the food
    No I can't... There is no point as I don't know what you like to eat....

Just get a myfitnesspal account and get good at tracking macros...

I never know what I'm going to eat now.... I wake up and eat what I want, just log everything and hit my numbers each and every day.... I don't believe in diet plans now.... Eat what you want but hit your macros.... 6 fish caps, 25g fiber and a fruit and a veggie each day.... I aim for at least 2 fruit and 2 veggies

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    [QUOTE="baseline_9"]

/QUOTE]

Do u do laundry???? just asking

I am soooooooo bad!!!!

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dantheman, eat everything else besides what you ate to get to 40%bf. What do you normally eat in a day ?
    Don't eat packaged foods, dont eat processed foods, dont eat pizza, dont drink pop, dont eat a poptart for breakfast

Eat oatmeal,brown rice,sweet potatoes,quiooa, all kinds of beans
    As far as protein goes, anything thats lean, ie chicken fish tuna ground beef pork whatever man, there is lots of options.
    Get some healthy fats in also with nuts,avocado, olive oil.

Cut out all bad foods from your diet, and you will lose weight without even trying hard, I can guarantee it.

MArz123 is offline Junior Member
    Op....are you tracking what you eat in a food journal?....if not that's probably the first thing you need to start doing to really know how much your eating...I recommend using myfitnesspal.com , wit this app you can also see and start to understand stand macros. Good luck and be patient with yourself it takes time ....lots of time.

[QUOTE=GirlyGymRat;6554544]
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9

/QUOTE]

Do u do laundry???? just asking

I am soooooooo bad!!!!
    Missing the joke? Is it a joke lol

Yes. It is a joke. U don't do personalized meal plans so I thought maybe you'll do my laundry. Hahahahaha

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I never know what I'm going to eat now.... I wake up and eat what I want, just log everything and hit my numbers each and every day.... I don't believe in diet plans now.... Eat what you want but hit your macros.... 6 fish caps, 25g fiber and a fruit and a veggie each day.... I aim for at least 2 fruit and 2 veggies
    base have u changed into IIFYM?? how have u progressed doing this? how lean have u been able to get? i would think it could work just wondering..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    base have u changed into IIFYM?? how have u progressed doing this? how lean have u been able to get? i would think it could work just wondering..
    I have been IIFYM'ing for some time on and off.... But I have a coach now and I'm sticking to my macros perfectly all the time....

It's my first week with this guy but I'm eating more carbs than ever and loosing weight..... Too much weight in fact as he has pushed my carbs and fats up to slow weight loss down and keep the long term weight loss sustainable.....

And as far as how lean have I been able to get..... Check back in 20 weeks.... This is a long slow process but that's the best way for me I think.... But I can guarantee you that my progress will be excellent in the long term with this approach....

And for all the haters im eating ice cream almost every day, Oreos, bread, milk and butter, cereal.... And I'm progressing too quickly.....

My only rules to IIFYM are.... 6 fish caps a day, 25g fiber, 1+ veggies, 1+ fruit......

With my coach meal timing and food choices are irrelevant.... We just hit macros and the results speak for themselves....

What does the 1 + veggies mean. I am boy following this abbreviation. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    What does the 1 + veggies mean. I am boy following this abbreviation. Thx.
    At least 1 serving of vegetables per day.... i normally hit more tho

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I have been IIFYM'ing for some time on and off.... But I have a coach now and I'm sticking to my macros perfectly all the time....

It's my first week with this guy but I'm eating more carbs than ever and loosing weight..... Too much weight in fact as he has pushed my carbs and fats up to slow weight loss down and keep the long term weight loss sustainable.....

And as far as how lean have I been able to get..... Check back in 20 weeks.... This is a long slow process but that's the best way for me I think.... But I can guarantee you that my progress will be excellent in the long term with this approach....

And for all the haters im eating ice cream almost every day, Oreos, bread, milk and butter, cereal.... And I'm progressing too quickly.....

My only rules to IIFYM are.... 6 fish caps a day, 25g fiber, 1+ veggies, 1+ fruit......

With my coach meal timing and food choices are irrelevant.... We just hit macros and the results speak for themselves....
    sounds good man.. im curious, what are ur stats and what are ur current macro totals? cardio? how much? wheres the thread?

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    As someone asked for example for protein soaring diet.
    Protein sparing diet would be diet that consists exclusively of protein, limited amounts of fat, green veggies and relies on huge deficit over short period of time, before ur metabolic rate undergos sort of addaptation.
    This diet has been invented for medical purposes and its considered safe. General guidline is 1 - 1.2 per pound of goal weight, 8-10 gr of fishoils. No cardio!!! U dont need more of a deficit when is already huge!

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Sorry for all the typos but those ht* new keypads are useless

what is IIFYM??

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    lyle macdonald "wrote the book" on protein-sparing modified fast (PSMF), or at least A book on psmf - "Guide to Rapid Fat Loss". great book.

1 gm protein/lb of lean body mass.
    unlimited amount of many vegetables (tomatoes, celery, broccoli, etc)
    that's about it.
    he recommends 10 gm fish oil per day.
    also an advocate for EC stack (ephedrine/caffeine)

i used this program to drop from 260 lbs to 220 lbs in 3 months.

Thread Information