Matt Foley is offline Member

eating before bed?

dont know what it is but after my last meal of the day i fall right to sleep.knowing this is a bad thing i started to eat 5 meals (higher cals,ect) but i still get tired as hell.are any of you on this boat or is it just me.my thoughts are that my metabolism slows down and does not burn cals therefore storing the cals as fat.thanks for your help

MF

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Most try to have no carbs in their last meal just protein and fat, so that problem is avoided.

Pain

well,im on keto.does this help.....? thx bro

Well, then you are already doing my idea. IMO, I always eat right before bed and I haven't noticed any fat gain from it, what will matter is if calories in < calories out for the day.

Pain

cuz i fall right the hell to sleep after my last meal

jurewix is offline Junior Member
    while you guys are on the topic, i take 2 scoops of whey and 2.5 table spoons of natural peanut butter with ice before bed, the peanut butter has carbs tho , i think 6 , is that bad or is it bad to eat a high amount of carbs before bed?

IronRhino is offline New Member
    I don't knowif I'd eat and then hit the sack immediately afterward. Somehow I've always put on fat by doing this. A well respected trainer once insisted that since in the average Joe the digestion system slows down drastically during sleep, then you're inviting fat to lodge in the waist, regardless of the energy expended during the day.

Also this phenomenon of getting really sleepy after a meal may be commonplace among older individuals with lowered hormone levels. Whether your metabolism stores the unburned fat should be recognizeable around the midriff--what does the mirror tell you?

It all depends, if you are above your daily limit for cals then yes it will convert to fat when you sleep, and your met does slow a little when you sleep. But if you play it right and balance on the line of fat gain then eating at night right before bed shouldn't have much impact on fat gain. And the PB isn't that high in carbs and most of it is fiber, granted it is natural PB. Also try some other nut butters with lower carbs, my fav is macadamia nut.

Pain

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Organic....Creamy almond butter

Originally posted by painintheazz
    It all depends, if you are above your daily limit for cals then yes it will convert to fat when you sleep, and your met does slow a little when you sleep. But if you play it right and balance on the line of fat gain then eating at night right before bed shouldn't have much impact on fat gain. And the PB isn't that high in carbs and most of it is fiber, granted it is natural PB. Also try some other nut butters with lower carbs, my fav is macadamia nut.

Pain
    who would have a more scientific answer to this question around here? im gonna do some searching,im not fully convinced.your metabolism slows down considerably when at rest.

Originally posted by Matt Foley

who would have a more scientific answer to this question around here? im gonna do some searching,im not fully convinced.your metabolism slows down considerably when at rest.
    I will bump for you, but when resting your body is going at it BMR rate (the fuel your body needs to just stay alive) when you are awake you are using energy to walk around lift your hand, take a dump, what ever you do while awake uses cals. I am pretty sure that if you are a very sediteary (sp) person there probably isn't much difference.

Pain

Originally posted by Rich8888
    Organic....Creamy almond butter
    That is some good stuff too, a little dry though, at least the whole foods chunky brand.

Pain

Thread Information