Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matthepanther

Thread: opinions on my cutting diet

Pat403 is offline Associate Member

opinions on my cutting diet

Hi Everyone,

Just going to be starting a cut soon and wanted to get some opinions on my plan. I changed up a sample diet I liked to get the basic macros down but it feels a little more inclusive in terms of some of the foods it recommends than the diets I usually do so wanted to see if people thought I should just stick to the same old bare bones plain diets I'm usually on.

Stats
    28yrs
    ht: 5'6"
    165lbs
    bf:16

Breakfast:
    eggs 3 whole 3 whites
    1 cup oats
    1/2 tbsp honey
    1/2 small grapefruit

Morning snack
    8 oz fat free greek yogurt
    1/2 tbsp honey

Lunch
    5 oz can tuna
    2 slices whole wheat bread
    1tbsp light mayo
    1/2 small grapefruit
    1 cup broccoli

mid snack
    80 grams mozza cheese
    1 medium apple

dinner

8 oz steak
    1/2 cup sweet potato
    2 cups mixed greens and veggies
    1tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp vinigar

night time snack
    8 oz cottage cheese
    1 cup pineapple

Also not included but I will be having my inter workout shake and post workout nutrition. In addition I will be supplimenting with all the usual i.e. CLA, caffeine, green tea and more than likely some yohimbine hcl.

Let me know your thoughts and if I made any miss calculations.

Cals: 2184.5
    fats: 75g
    carbs: 220g
    protein: 262g

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Do me a favor: go back, figure out roughly how may grams of your carbs are in the form of sugar (honey, fruit... I mean, pineapple before bed? Why?) and then let me know why you think this is a solid cutting diet again?

Pat403 is offline Associate Member
    Haha I know, I know. Go take a look at the shortcut-to-shred diet on bodybuilding.com this is that diet just modified for the macros. The diet works in three two week phases. Lower carbs each phase and carbo loading rest days. Maybe that will explain better. It may explain better there however, I found the explanation not that great lol

matthepanther is offline New Member
    cut out the sugar man, it made a big difference in my eyes when I started cutting
    gbrice75 likes this.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by matthepanther View Post
    cut out the sugar man, it made a big difference in my eyes when I started cutting
    ^^ this.

I'm not concerned with high carbs per se; I'm concerned with a good portion of said carbs coming from sugar.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    add a protien drink that you can take with you through out the day... about 20 - 24 oz - made with water.

and last meal i dont like that it is carbs... i would change that to protien and veg before bed (doesnt have to be a meal - could be 2 oz of meat and palm size (amout) of veggies)

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    A good portion of your carbs do come from sugar as stated. Nothing wrong with fruit or sugar by themselves but when they make up a huge portion of your daily intake it will affect your training intensity in the gym for one thing and possibly leave you deficient in micronutrients for another.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well I was going to mention your sugar content from Fruit and Honey... but it looks like that horse has had a beating already!

Out of curiosity, what is your TDEE? Do you have any specific macro split you were aiming for?

toilet is offline Banned
    mate do you know how to calculate calories. that is over 2185.

protein/carbs x 4
    fat x 9

recalculate it again and youll find youre over 2185 by a long shot thus not even cutting.

also as far as fats go; you want a third omega fats in your diet - dont seem to be enough there.
    If i was you id cut the cheese you have too much - only need half that roughly of cheese to get your RDI of calcium. So cut that down and focus on getting food to fit all your other micros. 1 tbsp olive oil is not enough - add in some flaxseed/fish oil.

but first and foremost learn to calculate calories

best of luck

Thread Information