Deathgrind is offline New Member

Can one get looking good on this meal plan?

So the first process of my journey is to lose my gut lost about 17-18 pounds in 2/3 weeks so far with a lot of cardio some lifting and total change in diet. I am currently 5'9 198lbs. My big worry is with as much cardio that I am doing will this diet help me keep muscle. Here is a sample day I work out when i get off of work if that matters at all.

Breakfeast : Kale shake witch includes 2 celery, 1 cucumber 2 kale leafs and pineapple.

Snack : clif builders bar

Lunch : Plain greek yogurt, can of tuna, Banana

Snack : apple or Beef Jerkey

Dinner : Grilled Chicked and Whole Grain Rice or Turkey Stuffed Sweet potatoes

Guilty Pleasure : Zero Cal Monster Drink (I know they are not good for you)

Im currently using a fitness app witch has my goal weight saying I should be consuming 1650 calories a day witch I am well under when it figures in my exercrise. Thanks for looking!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll poke some holes and let you figure it out....

what else is in your kale shake?
    what is a clif builders bar?
    what are your macros, your tdee and calories consumed?
    seems like more carbs than what you need?

and some thoughts:

when you cut, you will lose some LBM, it's unavoidable.
    what is your body fat %?
    so your only veggies is the morning veggie shake? that may be sufficient, not sure?
    you have a snack of an apple or beef jerky - carbs or protein? which one do you really need?
    whole grain rice? is that like white rice that is processed or brown rice with the husk intact?

---Roman

what else is in your kale shake? nothing thats all that is included.

what is a clif builders bar? a protein bar -Calories: 270, Total Fat: 8g, Total Carbs: 30g, Protein: 20g

what are your macros, your tdee and calories consumed? Protein 98g , Carbs 198 ,fat 17g , Calories 1434

seems like more carbs than what you need? Its under what my fitness app says but im a newbie when it comes to all this.

and some thoughts:

when you cut, you will lose some LBM, it's unavoidable.

what is your body fat %? Still high prolly 25 if I had to guess getting a new scale tomorrow

so your only veggies is the morning veggie shake? that may be sufficient, not sure? Veggies is my biggest problem I HATE Them the only way i can eat them is in a shake

you have a snack of an apple or beef jerky - carbs or protein? which one do you really need? Thats why im here lol not sure

whole grain rice? is that like white rice that is processed or brown rice with the husk intact? Brown rice

---Roman[/QUOTE]

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Mate, in answer to your main quests, the answer is no. I will be brutally honest, your diet plan is terrible.

Let's start this off by asking you to guesstimate your bodyfat based on this picture?

Can one get looking good on this meal plan?-image-1719305086.jpg

Also, tell us about your workouts.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yeah Im def 25% bodyfat my workout schedule is as follows

M: 1 hour of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / Run 2 miles at 6.5 MPh

T: P 90x Chest and back / Run 4 miles at 6.5 Mph

W: 1 hour of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu / Run 2 miles at 6.5 MPh

T: P 90x Arms and Shoulders / Run 4 miles at 6.5 Mph

F: 1 hour Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu

S: Run 4 miles at 6.5 Mph

S: Rest

Thanks for all the replys so far this is basically my first attempt in life to be fit so it is a big learning process.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I think you should aim for 2200cals. You are begging for muscle loss with what your intake is now. Personally I'd be inclined to move away room the P90 and incorporate a more structured muscle building routine but, if muscle size isn't your concern, go whichever way you're happiest.

So, 2200cals
    200g protein = 800cals
    220g carbs = 880 cals
    50g fats = 450 cals

Put something together along those lines (I know the maths is slightly off you get the idea) and post it up for review.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks BIB, My biggiest concern right now is well IM FAT and it sucks! to hit my target weight which is roughly 170lbs the app on my phone suggested 1650 before excersize. So really 2200 cals does not sound that far off i'll write up a plan in the next day and see what you guys think thanks,
    DG

toilet is offline Banned
    Listen to what back in black said. Cutting on 1400 calories is completely counterproductive because you will just shut down your metabolism and your weight loss will be completely stalled.

Work out your macros as he suggested above and STICK TO IT day in and day out. Also work out your micronutrients and take a multi if necessary but try get it from whole food.

Also had some omega 3 fats into your diet; severely lacking.

Thread Information