Domestic is offline Associate Member

Post Need 2 Know Info

i'm bored so i just thought i would take the time to explain something to the people who don't know. for all you people who wonder why you don't eat Carbs during cutting... simple:

Carbs & Fats is what your body uses as energy. Since carbs convert to energy faster then Fats, Carbs would be your body's first choice as an energy source. When you stop putting Carbs into your body, your body will be forced to use an alternative source of energy; Fats. When your body converts the stored Fats into energy, the fats are burnt up causing you to loose weight.

So if you want to "cut" up... do not eat Carbs. burn off all the excess fat that you want. when you reach your desired weight, you can start eating carbs again. keep your Fat intake low though. that way, when you work out.. you'll burn off the Fat intake and use up the carbs so they don't turn to fat.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Need 2 Know Info

Originally posted by Domestic
    So if you want to "cut" up... do not eat Carbs. burn off all the excess fat that you want. when you reach your desired weight, you can start eating carbs again. keep your Fat intake low though. that way, when you work out.. you'll burn off the Fat intake and use up the carbs so they don't turn to fat.
    I disagree. Yeah, if you want to lose weight...do not eat carbs. But if you want to "cut" up, your body will need carbs to preserve muscle and shuttle the protein and nutrients into your muscle cells. Your body needs carbs, period! For bb's it comes down to the amount of carbs, the kind of carbs, and the timing. Remember, it was said before and I'll say it again..."keeping muscle is half the battle of cutting." Unless you have the assistance of AS, you will be a very unhappy camper without the consumption of any carbs. So if you want to wither away all your hard earned muscle a zero carb diet is for you!

RAMMEL is offline Junior Member
    How many carbs a day do you recommend for someone wanting to 'cut-up' whilst keeping hold of muscle then???

How many of these carbs should be complex and how many should be simple??? (I know that this may depend on the individual but can you give me a rough idea please)

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    hm, i guess we have different meanings to the phrase "cut up." to me, it means shreding all your body fat so that your muscles show up better.. there for making you look 'cut.'

if you're going to eat carbs during a "cutting" diet, then you're not going to shred your body fat. when you put carbs into your body and then work out or something, your body is using the carbs as fuel and will not burn the fat. and if you intake alot of carbs and do not burn all those up, they will be stored & turn to fat. so keep your carbs to about 25g per day if you want to loose weight.

you can always put back on muscle mass. at least i can anyways. doesn't take me very long to get cut up and huge. i guess you can try to alnerate it. during the days that you work out, eat NO CARBS and do some lite cardio. on your off days, eat maybe 50 - 60g of complexe carbs. carbs from heathly foods such as veggies / oats. no junk food.. and do lite cardio even on your OFF days.

Thread Information