The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

Is Soy Protein THAT bad?

Whatsup, fellas? I've been hearing/reading some real bad things about soy protein. Well last night (before reading this stuff), I went to my local health food store and I bought 4 single-serving packets of this product:

http://www.coastherbal.com/keto_slim_shake1.htm

What attracted me was the low-carb, high protein content. I ended up downing 2 servings in water last night along with about 20-25g of fat in nuts. Maaaaaaan, that sheeeeot was good as hell. But now I'm bugged out I might grow boobs!!!! I'm already trying as hard as hell to get rid of these I was gonna down the other two packets this morning. Should I be worried? Or should I just down the rest of this stuff and not go near it again? Let me know what you bros think. Peace

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    mixed opinions on this subject. i personally have some once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    mixed opinions on this subject. i personally have some once in a while.
    Thanks for the response, Spoon. I just like 46g last night and will down 46g this morning, and I'll be done with it. I just don't want it to hurt my cut

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dynasty
    Thanks for the response, Spoon. I just like 46g last night and will down 46g this morning, and I'll be done with it. I just don't want it to hurt my cut

the chinese and japanese eat a lot of soy. its part of their staple diet. i dont think its that much of a factor. as long as you dont drink gallons everyday you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    the chinese and japanese eat a lot of soy. its part of their staple diet. i dont think its that much of a factor. as long as you dont drink gallons everyday you should be fine.
    Good deal. Thanks man.

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    when there's so much bad talk about it why chance it when you know for sure there are many other great sources of lean protein out there?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Here is what I consider "wise" advice:

You may include some (not a lot) for the heart-healthy properties, yes.

For physique changes and fitness and your protein requirements in those regards, utilize meat/protein powders/eggs/fish/etc.......

~SC~

DAMBIGlsu is offline New Member

Thumbs up

There are mixed oppions but IMO soy is fine. Yes soy helps raise estrogen in women, only because there is a lack there of. The estrogens associated with soy are good, adaptive estrogens. Studies have shown that in men, soy can actually lower estrogen levels and help supports serum test levels. I personally mix all my shakes in soy milk and take abou 15g in my post workout shake. Soy is a very good plant-based protein, it is higher in some amino's than whey is(thats why it is good to mix them together). The protein i recommend most to people at my store is a whey/soy mix(OPTIPRO by phytoceutical form.). I have been taking soy for 2 years now and I believe it should be/can be a part of every bodybuilders diet.

Good deal. Well I'm pretty sure that having 46g last night and 46g this morning (in my pro/fat meal) won't have an adverse effect on my cut or sperm count or whatever. I'll just stay away from it and stick to whey and casein.

Peace

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, ideal!

~SC~

Thread Information