edpettit_TSI is offline New Member

Check out/help out on my diet."cutting"

Hey guys, most of my body is already pretty cut, I'm prob. about 10% bf, @ 180 pounds, and 6'. I need to only get rid of some fat on my stomach and love handles. I started my own diet after reading a bit but I don't think it is right. I don't want to lose any muscle of course, but I do need to cut down on the crap, and I think i have some water retention that I would like to lose. Currently I'm eating like this:
    morning: 2 bannans, 2 rice cakes
    Lunch: turkey sandwich, 2 bannanas, 1 rice cake, water/protein shake
    Afternoon post workout: some fruit, eggs
    Dinner: Turkey or chicken or steak w/veggies.

Any help I would greatly appreciate; Like I said before I wanna get rid of my gut but still keep the rest of my mass. I'm working on losing the weight in my lower chest/stomach/ love handles. I'm trying to stay low on sodium and carbs and high in protein. In 3 weeks I'm also gonna start up with my yohimaburn df. Thanks for any help /ed

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    How many cals is that, it seems WAY to low, I would suggest upping your protein to fight off any muscle loss and upping you cals for a little bit to get your metabolism going again. You need way more protein, drop the fruit and add some protein.

Pain

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Just break it down...

250g Protein = 1000
    150g Carb = 600
    75g Fat = 675

That's a total of 2275 cals and that's healthy. Rock some cardio with your regular weight routine and you'll maintain a lot more muscle than living off of what you were eating before. Try to have most of your carbs in your post-workout meal too, alongside atleast 50g Protein.

Good luck.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Re: Check out/help out on my diet."cutting"

Originally posted by edpettit_TSI
    Hey guys, most of my body is already pretty cut, I'm prob. about 10% bf, @ 180 pounds, and 6'. I need to only get rid of some fat on my stomach and love handles. I started my own diet after reading a bit but I don't think it is right. I don't want to lose any muscle of course, but I do need to cut down on the crap, and I think i have some water retention that I would like to lose. Currently I'm eating like this:
    morning: 2 bannans, 2 rice cakes
    Lunch: turkey sandwich, 2 bannanas, 1 rice cake, water/<a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> shake
    Afternoon post workout: some fruit, eggs
    Dinner: Turkey or chicken or steak w/veggies.

Any help I would greatly appreciate; Like I said before I wanna get rid of my gut but still keep the rest of my mass. I'm working on losing the weight in my lower chest/stomach/ love handles. I'm trying to stay low on sodium and carbs and high in <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>. In 3 weeks I'm also gonna start up with my yohimaburn df. Thanks for any help /ed

yep those figues are way low bro, even your size seems off?? I am way shorter than you and have 10%bf and I am at 175lbs
    Your diet needs to be reconstructed, There are girls who lift weights and consume more than that in day, No flame bro!! Your post work out is some fruit and eggs Eat up to 6-7 times a day and space those meals out, try introducing some MRP's into your diet if you have no time to sit and eat. Where's the EfA's??

I would stick away from steak in the pm cause of the fat content not unless it is a real!! lean cut with little to no fat. go for tuna or chick. Get a nice breakfast in there!! that bannana shit is not going to cut it, you will be loosing weight alright! along with muscle. Drink plenty of Water also--1.5-2.0 gals a day
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Ok, I'm taking all of this in and it all sounds good. I'll drink lots more protein each day. I can't get many meals in b/c where i do landscapping over the summer when out of college.. I only get 30 minutes to sit and eat. I can't sperate the time . How would this be?
    Breakfast: oatmeal/cereal bannanas (just cuz i like em heh)
    Midday: Protein bar of some kind
    Lunch: Turkey sandwhich, or cold skinless boneless chicken breast w/yogurt
    Afternoon: Protein shake, (no idea what to put in here)
    Dinner: Chicken, salad etcc.

Also cutting down on my sodium intake is a good idea correct? Because that would get rid of my water retention? Also abstrack what are mrp's and efa's :/ sorry I'm not great w/dieting...
    If you guys have any suggestions on what kind of food to add where, once again i'd appreciate it, thnx

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks better, put some oatmeal in that protein shake for a good carb source. Get some flax seed oil for a healthy fat source. BTW ronny where did you get those numbers from??

Originally posted by edpettit_TSI
    Ok, I'm taking all of this in and it all sounds good. I'll drink lots more <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> each day. I can't get many meals in b/c where i do landscapping over the summer when out of college.. I only get 30 minutes to sit and eat. I can't sperate the time . How would this be?
    Breakfast: oatmeal/cereal bannanas (just cuz i like em heh)
    Midday: Protein bar of some kind
    Lunch: Turkey sandwhich, or cold skinless boneless chicken breast w/yogurt
    Afternoon: Protein shake, (no idea what to put in here)
    Dinner: Chicken, salad etcc.

Also cutting down on my sodium intake is a good idea correct? Because that would get rid of my water retention? Also abstrack what are mrp's and efa's :/ sorry I'm not great w/dieting...
    If you guys have any suggestions on what kind of food to add where, once again i'd appreciate it, thnx
    Meal 1> 1 cup egg whites and 2 organic egg and 1/2 cup oat meal ( Iwouldnt have any carbs but that is just me and if you want them go for it. just no cereal b.s!!

meal 2(Midday) MRP- This is your meal replacement shake, like pain said get some flax oil and throw it in your MRP. buy a shaker bottle at the store and pre-make them the night before or in the am before worka nd bring them along in a cooler. summer job, or whatever it only takes less than 5 mins to down one.

meal 3> ok have your turkey sand. make sure it is on whole grain bread and not white bread. the chik would be better or even some tuna or salmon would be good for you. Just a friendly reminder , dairy is out for you bro, no milk or dairy products ! so say good buy yogurt and dairy.

meal 4> midevening or real late afternoon time I would have some of protein here in the form of shake with flax or no flax it is up to you. assuming you are working out shorty after this I would watch the carb intake. you could have some carbs but if it is a solid meal in here then I would hold back on the complex carbs and save them for post.

meal 5> post work out
    protein shake with some dextrose ( google search this or A.R. search this)
    or you could even have a solid meal in post with a complex carb
    meal 6) just get some protein in you. pending on what you did in meal 5 I would opt or not carbs here. if you got some complex carbs here in solid form then no more for the night.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

sorry to ask abstrack, flax oil is? and or where to buy it? Also i just typed up that diet you typed for me . I'm starting it this saturday, just gotta get all my food together hehe. thanks again

go to nowfoods.com or any healthfood store and type in flax oil. Actually go to allsportsnutrition and get it. You just missed the sale from last week on it

Just kind of watch to see if your loosing muscle or fat and you can make the adjustments to your diet according. What I gave you was just somthing to refrence to. It could be timed and designed much better, but you get the picture??

No prob
    abstrack@protonmail.com

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    quit eating all those damn bananas, they are full of sugar.

Thanks guys, going out now to buy all my food yum

Thread Information