Benjaamin is offline New Member

cutting diet help

I'm new to the forums and recently want to start a better diet. I weight train about 3 times a week. I'm looking to cut. Stats are;

TDEE: 2626
    Weigh: 82kgs
    Height: 170cm
    Bf; around 20 - 25%.

Meal 1;
    2eggs (poached) - 74cals 6g protein 5g fats
    1 banana - 105cals 27g carbs 1g protein
    1 tablespoon peanut butter - 100cals 3g carbs 4g protein 8g fats

meal 2;
    chicken breast (6oz) - 300cals 56g protein 6g fats
    1 cup brown rice - 218 cals 46g carbs 5g protein 2g fats
    1 teaspoon olive oil - 60 cals 6g fats
    1 cup broccoli - 41 cals 7g carbs 4g protein

meal 3;
    (PWO) optimum nutrition whey with water - 110cals 7g carbs 24g protein

meal 4;

meal 5;
    optimum nutrition casein with water - 120cals 1g fats 4g carbs 24g protein

TOTALS
    protein; 189g
    carbs; 120g
    fats; 42g
    cals; 1747
    any feedback on anything i could chage for the better would be a great help please.

TDEE is 2626 and im going for -500 cals to cut so 2126 but i rounded it too 2000 just to make numbers easier to work with, i did want around 250g protein 150g carbs and 45g fats but i was using the macro sticky and stuck pretty much to that to construct this.
    Also have a few multi vits, cod liver oil and caffeine tablet on the odd day
    Also would fasted am cardio be good for cutting?

theRZA is offline Junior Member
    In terms of cardio, I would start with 3 times a week (preferably fasted, 30 minutes, at medium-low heart rate; varies with age...approx 120-130 if you're in your 20's). Once you start to see that your fat loss is slowing down, you can add in more days. Some may disagree with me on this, but I find it is counter-intuitive to expend all your efforts at the beginning. Maximize losses with mainly diet, once that stalls, add in cardio, once that stalls, more cardio, etc. Think of it as a rolling cut...adding in more elements as your progress slows down.

I had great results with yohimbine HCL while doing fasted cardio in the AM. Keep in mind that yohimbine is blocked by insulin , so it really needs to be used in a fasted state. You can find some good protocols by doing a simple google search.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Focus on the diet for a few weeks and see results and after that you can start modifying diet, exercise and whatever so it fits your life better.

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

Money Talks is offline Junior Member
    I notice that you say that you are aiming for 2000 calories, but the meal plan you provided is for only 1747 calories. I prefer to cutting at as high of calories as possible. When your metabolism slows down, if you are only eating 1700 calories a day, cutting even more calories could leave you with difficulty meeting your macros.

Here is what I would do, since you said your TDEE was approximately 2626 calories per day or 18,382 calories a week (2626 X 7 days). If you are trying to lose about 1 pound per week, you need to consume or burn off through exercise approximately 3500 calories under your caloric needs for the week. If you consume 350 calories less per day (eating 2326 calories per day) and you burn approximately 350 calories in each of three cardio sessions per week, that would be equivalent to a more severe calorie deficit and it would enable you to eat more and still lose 1 pound of body fat per week. For cardio, I would do 20 minutes of HIIT cardio 3X a week. Remember that HIIT cardio will have your metabolism burning more calories for the entire day after doing it.

As for doing cardio on an empty stomach, I don't believe it is necessarily more effective. In terms of your macros , usually when I do low carb I eat higher fats. It seems that you are doing low carb and low fat, which isn't optimal. Based on your body weight, I believe you are consuming sufficient protein, based on the old thought that a person should at minimum consume 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjaamin View Post
    I'm new to the forums and recently want to start a better diet. I weight train about 3 times a week. I'm looking to cut. Stats are;

TDEE: 2626
    Weigh: 82kgs
    Height: 170cm
    Bf; around 20 - 25%.

Meal 1;
    2eggs (poached) - 74cals 6g protein 5g fats More protein, maybe add 4 egg whites
    1 banana - 105cals 27g carbs 1g protein Ditch the banana
    1 tablespoon peanut butter - 100cals 3g carbs 4g protein 8g fats

meal 2;

PWO
    optimum nutrition whey with water - 110cals 7g carbs 24g protein Bump the grams

meal 3;

meal 4;
    Chicken or fish or beef with greens

meal 5;
    optimum nutrition casein with water - 120cals 1g fats 4g carbs 24g protein Replace with food, Chicken or beef with greens

Meal 6:;
    Cottage cheese

TOTALS
    protein; 189g
    carbs; 120g
    fats; 42g
    cals; 1747
    any feedback on anything i could chage for the better would be a great help please.

TDEE is 2626 and im going for -500 cals to cut so 2126 but i rounded it too 2000 just to make numbers easier to work with, i did want around 250g protein 150g carbs and 45g fats but i was using the macro sticky and stuck pretty much to that to construct this.
    Also have a few multi vits, cod liver oil and caffeine tablet on the odd day
    Also would fasted am cardio be good for cutting?
    Might have to recheck calorie count to hit 2100, but that looks good to me.

Thread Information