Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Reid's Transforming !

Reiid13 is offline Member
    What's up hommies !
    Basically im going to melt fat and keep muscle , well thats the plan.

Now the festive season has passed , getting ready for summer !

Been eating good for last few days , and am ready to start this thread as planned, so I have a sense of commitment , and a hisory I can look back on , when I look Lean / Aesthetic (End goal)

I will cut for 6 weeks , with a high protein , low carb , low fat diet , then start the bulking phase.

Even though the first six weeks are me cutting , ill still be lifting (even though I wont have as much energy on a cutting diet)

I would macro this out but its 1am so screw that.

Ima use Clen on week 1-2 and 4-6

Week1-2:

Reid's Good old stats :

Im 24 in feb ! .... 'so your 23'
    Im 6 ft 3
    I weigh 13.11 ( post pic in the morning)
    My bf% is 20-23
    My BMI is 24.12 ( higher end of normal)

Ill be updating as I go along : Pictures , adding in my workout days , meals , how the clen is doing etc etc .

Massive shout out to Back in Black for all the support & Gbrice for motivation

After my cut , comes the putting on LBM !!!!

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST AND CRITIQUE , LEARNING IS A LIFE CYCLE!
    Last edited by Reiid13; 02-03-2014 at 07:58 AM.

SteveUK is offline Associate Member
    What do you weigh? 13.11??

Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post
    What do you weigh? 13.11??
    Yes 13 stone 11 lbs
    Last edited by Reiid13; 01-13-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiid13 View Post
    Yes 13 stone 11 lbs
    Man if you wanna cut its totally up to you, But at that weight, I would recommend to clean your diet up and start adding lean mass and forget clen and cutting. Will wait for your pic for final thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post

I would recommend to clean your diet up and start adding lean mass and forget clen and cutting. Will wait for your pic for final thoughts.
    Thats what im doing ... Im cleaning my diet up , and im cutting that fat from my stomache , lifting , cardio , and eating right

I have some un-wanted fat on stomache and sides !

Im basically bulking , but on a cutting diet , but protein is obvo higher than a typical cutting diet so I dont loose muscle and gives some energy
    Last edited by Reiid13; 01-14-2014 at 05:28 AM.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiid13
    ! Im basically bulking , but on a cutting diet
    That makes no sense.

To cut you need a caloric deficit via cardio and/or diet.

To bulk you need a caloric surplus via diet obviously.

Post up your diet so we can see what you take in on a daily basis. At 23% your doing the right thing and cutting, and I wouldn't recommend bulking until your at 12% at least.

What is the workout / cardio look like?
    sawyer86 and Cuz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post

That makes no sense.

To cut you need a caloric deficit via cardio and/or diet.

To bulk you need a caloric surplus via diet obviously.

Post up your diet so we can see what you take in on a daily basis. At 23% your doing the right thing and cutting, and I wouldn't recommend bulking until your at 12% at least.

What is the workout / cardio look like?
    Worded a bit wrong , what I meant was ( and it was a reply to steveuk) , was that im doing all the work of 'Bulk', but im not eating a bulk diet .

Basically im cutting , but for some reason steveuk advises against it .

Cheers for clarifying im doing the right think bro , need all the motivation : p

( ill add diet, workout and cardio tonight , when I finish work )

Worded a bit wrong , what I meant was ( and it was a reply to steveuk) , was that im doing all the work of 'Bulk', but im not eating a bulk diet . Basically im cutting , but for some reason steveuk advises against it . Cheers for clarifying im doing the right think bro , need all the motivation : p ( ill add diet, workout and cardio tonight , when I finish work )
    No disrespect to any member but we all have out opinions. At 23% bf a bulk would be insane. Put in all that mass, even with a clean bulk to increase your size but end up at 25%

IMO cut until you hit a decent level of BF say 12 or lower, then you can recomp and slowly increase size as you maintain your low bf.

Just my input

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Let me drop in on this as I've been advising the OP.

He is eating at a caloric deficit but keeping protein high and carbs relatively high too. We are reintroducing a hypertrophy weights training programme to the exercise regime. Our hopes are that whilst he is losing fat he will gain some LBM too. So I guess it is kind of a recomp on that basis but it doesn't matter if the weight changes a great deal as long as the LBM and fat both go in the right directions.
    SteveUK likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

No disrespect to any member but we all have out opinions. At 23% bf a bulk would be insane. Put in all that mass, even with a clean bulk to increase your size but end up at 25%

IMO cut until you hit a decent level of BF say 12 or lower, then you can recomp and slowly increase size as you maintain your low bf.

Just my input
    Thanks bro , any input is valuable to me .

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Let me drop in on this as I've been advising the OP.

He is eating at a caloric deficit but keeping protein high and carbs relatively high too. We are reintroducing a hypertrophy weights training programme to the exercise regime. Our hopes are that whilst he is losing fat he will gain some LBM too. So I guess it is kind of a recomp on that basis but it doesn't matter if the weight changes a great deal as long as the LBM and fat both go in the right directions.
    ^^^My Mentor ^^^
    ----------------------------
    Sorry didnt update my workout and diet ( on mobile right now )

Loads people off sick with 'norovirus' so got called in !

My diet is going good , missed lunch today was too busy to have a lunch break but managed to eat a can of tuna quickly .

The clen is going fine on 2nd day of 40mcg , upping to 60mcg tomorrow ( 1 day early) , even though im not getting cramps yet , im still taking taurine to prevent .

Eggs :
    Ive looked at Aust's thread , and done some research .
    My breakfast most days include a 4 whole egg omlette .

Whats the deal with cholestrol ?!

Worded a bit wrong , what I meant was ( and it was a reply to steveuk) , was that im doing all the work of 'Bulk', but im not eating a bulk diet .

Basically im cutting , but for some reason steveuk advises against it .

Cheers for clarifying im doing the right think bro , need all the motivation : p

( ill add diet, workout and cardio tonight , when I finish work )
    It was late was fast posting last night half asleep lol, Was trying to say eating clean and training at your weight you should gain lbm and drop fat, without going crazy on a diet. You seem to have it covered tho. GL

Owwwwwwww !
    My legs are aching like a Mo FO

On day two of the 60mcg clen , if I hold my hand out its a little shakey , but didnt have that heart beating sensation today ( so far 10:55am )

Went to gym worked out on a empty stomache

Quads , Abs ( wanna do abs every session) and a little biceps , didnt do the cardio I wanted.
    ( wanted to do 40 mins rowing , had to shoot - Take mororbike to be serviced)

Im weighing weekly , but I can notice a big change in body already . My legs look leaner , and in the morning when I tense I can see the outline of the abs ! <<< Massive motivation !

Anyone - whats the deal with eating ommlettes every day for breakfast , cholestrol issues !?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    You may find this interesting. Lots of stuff on the net about it.

The Truth About Eggs - Are Eggs Good or Bad for You | LiveScience

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    You may find this interesting. Lots of stuff on the net about it.

The Truth About Eggs - Are Eggs Good or Bad for You | LiveScience
    Thanks bro , very interesting read !! Ill probably take two days a week out of eating eggs for breakfast , will also just be a change from having the same thing .

Thanks alot mate !

Had no real sides to clen today ( apart from a lil shaky hands but nothing big), I know thats a good thing , but I like to feel its magic !
    Although I done a lot better ab workout , than I used too !

Need some Vlow fat , low carb chicken recipes !!
    Last edited by Reiid13; 01-17-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Looking for pros help ! Read me !

Oki peeps , so my diet side of life is going oki ,im losing fat but looking leaner , guess im not burning muscle!? typical day :

Breakfast :4 egg ommlette
    Lunch :2 chicken breast and 100g cous cous
    Dinner: Tuna can , white crab meat can , either with a salad or veggies

I do add snacks (fruit , nuts etc) but need the pros to bare in mind im cutting to get rid of fat ready to bulk up lbm ( read BiB's explanation) im not hitting gym six days a week , getting ready for a comp .... Im average jo atm.

As you can see with a typical day im averaging around 1200 cals (with no snacks), maybe a lil less , which is well below were I need to be.
    I need to throw in some more cals .(especially as im on clen )

Questions:
    1. Can anyone point me to a protein shake that is , low calorie , no sugar, that I can add into my diet ? ( will be great for work etc when I cant stop and eat)

2. Whats the deal with running ECA stack inbetween clen cycles , im familiar with the ECA stack , but not how its effects the body ? Some say yeah its fine , some say hell no ??

See Back in Blacks explanation of what im doing , he explains it better lol
    Last edited by Reiid13; 01-19-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Pumping the Bumping !

Please see previous ^^^

Had my first cramp today , approx 11 hours after taking clen , I take the clen with 3g taurine . Had a further 3g taurine sorted it within 30 mins .

Not getting as shakey today , but sat on my ass all day watching tv , works been crazy .

Day two of 80mcg tomorrow ! Cant wait to weigh tuesday !

Mate you really need to add some calories ASAP. Any quality WPC will be low carb, low fat, low sugar. You need to add carbs and protein to breakfast, carbs to dinner and add 2 more protein based meals. I go to myprotein or bulk powders, whoever has the best deal. I also do my ordering through a cash back website called quidco for greater discount. I make my own blend of whey, egg white and casein.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Mate you really need to add some calories ASAP. Any quality WPC will be low carb, low fat, low sugar. You need to add carbs and protein to breakfast, carbs to dinner and add 2 more protein based meals. I go to myprotein or bulk powders, whoever has the best deal. I also do my ordering through a cash back website called quidco for greater discount. I make my own blend of whey, egg white and casein.
    The day I added was a typical day for work / in house . If im going to gym ill ramp up carbs pre workout and post, then eat more protein.
    Oki man ill check out websites when I get in , I dont want a mass gainer or anything crazy like that though. And will add more protein meals . The eggs and tuna / crab im all good with . Need to get adventurous with chicken breast haha !

Weighing tomorrow bro cant wait , my arms and legs , chest and upper abdomen looks alot leaner !
    Last edited by Reiid13; 01-20-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Lost five lbs , at first I was a bit gutted , the number doesnt seem to match how I feel or look .

But then I thought , I lost 5lbs ... And went to the gym once this week , (motorbike been in for service , worked alot , was a bad week to start really)

So I guess 5 lbs with only one gym session isnt that bad ?! ... Get motorbike back this afternoon !

Also I dont feel like ive lost muscle , were as previous diets I think I have ! , hence why I feel leaner this last week !

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Lost five lbs , at first I was a bit gutted , the number doesnt seem to match how I feel or look .

But then I thought , I lost 5lbs ... And went to the gym once this week , (motorbike been in for service , worked alot , was a bad week to start really)

So I guess 5 lbs with only one gym session isnt that bad ?! ... Get motorbike back this afternoon !

Also I dont feel like ive lost muscle , were as previous diets I think I have ! , hence why I feel leaner this last week !
    Diet is 80%-90% of success so I think this reflects that. Anyone who (not talking about you) thinks they can sign-up for a gym without modifying their diet and have it show-up on the scale is kidding themselves.

Thanks
    ~T

Follow my personal story here on this blog: An honest journey
    Trophy Husband - a countdown timer

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post

Diet is 80%-90% of success so I think this reflects that. Anyone who (not talking about you) thinks they can sign-up for a gym without modifying their diet and have it show-up on the scale is kidding themselves.

Thanks
    ~T

Thanks man , yeah I agree hence why the saying 'abs are made in the kitchen ' , as I said I was a bit gutted at first , but upon reflection , not bad . Can deffinatly notice a bit more definition , im just glad I dont seem to be loosing muscle !

Can go to gym this week again now which is great also !

Can anyone shed some light about ECA stack inbetween clen cycles ?

Some say its fine , some say its pointless

Why don't you run something a little less 'stimulating', what about Austin's fat loss stack?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black
    Why don't you run something a little less 'stimulating', what about Austin's fat loss stack?
    i plan on running this in 4 weeks time. I'm just waiting on the synephrine and I feel another 4 weeks I'll still be able to make decent progress with diet.

Yeah just checked this out , looks good !
    Have you tried it mate ?

i plan on running this in 4 weeks time. I'm just waiting on the synephrine and I feel another 4 weeks I'll still be able to make decent progress with diet.
    Did you get your synephrine from aust's link ? Im from UK , they dont stock on amazon yet to check online will look in a bit ( on mob )

Yeah just checked this out , looks good ! Have you tried it mate ? Did you get your synephrine from aust's link ? Im from UK , they dont stock on amazon yet to check online will look in a bit ( on mob )
    Search for orange extract. Synepherine... Might have better luck

Whats the deal with artificial sweetners ?! Some say its fine , some say its calorie free but chemicals are crazy ??, anyone want to shine some light ?!

Last day at 100mcg today , 120 tomorrow , done a ab workout yday and I feeeell good , I dont seem to be too shakey on clen at the 100mcg . If im honest im a little gutted !

Why ?! ... I like the feeling that its working , the first 2 -3 hours im trembling and if I walk fast etc my heart races , but then Im good for rest of day !

I love clen so far but might try that chinese brand next , to compare with medi-tech
    Last edited by Reiid13; 01-23-2014 at 04:14 PM.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Whats the deal with artificial sweetners ?! Some say its fine , some say its calorie free but chemicals are crazy ??, anyone want to shine some light ?!
    Artificial sweeteners are difficult. In terms of science there seems to be no direct problems with it but of course it will be a few more years until they will have data on long term, or whole life, exposure. For me this is more about getting used to not eating sweet food which have invaded 80% of the US food chain!

Thanks
    ~T

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post

Artificial sweeteners are difficult. In terms of science there seems to be no direct problems with it but of course it will be a few more years until they will have data on long term, or whole life, exposure. For me this is more about getting used to not eating sweet food which have invaded 80% of the US food chain!

Thanks
    ~T

Yeah I guess so , the only time I have it is in the morning or after work in a coffee , but I also drink some diet coke once in a while to have a change from squash

Hi peeps , 2 days left on clen , another 120mcg tomorrow then last day might try 140mcg

Im not ripped , jacked or anything , but since cutting and on clen the fat has melted off ( weigh day tuesday )

I can see those lines in my triceps when I tense , have never seen them before and can see less and less fat on abdomen every morning I wake up !

Im a bit gutted I didnt buy that stuff ( ket something) to stay on clen .

My diet is still in check , dog poo is more appealing than chicken breast right now , will switch to eating more fish etc .

I dont feel / see that ive burnt alot of muscle , but im looking forward to the bulking phase .

Im supprised eating really healthy , but my face isnt as clear as normal , got some dry skin :/

Lost a further 2lbs , thats 7lbs total ( 2weeks)

Little gutted that the number wasnt bigger this week , but im glad the muscle is staying put !!

Also havent done as much cardio in gym, but happy with progress , each day waking up and looking in the mirror is motivation!

Off the clen for two weeks now

Diet has got easier

Protein from: chicken breast , tuna , eggs

Carbs : Brown rice , sunflower seed bread , couscous , hard to digest veggies

Fats : eggs , fish oil

Cutting down on eggs for breakfast , I feel bad eating them alot , will do 1 whole , 3 white ommlettes when I have them from now on

Had a cheat meal ( indian takeaway) damm my stomache has shrunk , certainly wasnt a man vs food thing.
    Last edited by Reiid13; 01-28-2014 at 08:25 AM.

2lbs is a good loss each week and I wouldn't expect too much more after that.

Good job Reid

2lbs is a good loss each week and I wouldn't expect too much more after that.

Good job Reid
    Thanks man , just feel like my looks in the mirror doesnt reflect the number on the scales . My stomache / sides look so different in two weeks !

Thanks man , just feel like my looks in the mirror doesnt reflect the number on the scales . My stomache / sides look so different in two weeks !
    Well keep going another two weeks (3-5lbs) then what you look like? That's your motivation right there

Diet going great , cutting out chicken and replacing with turkey for a few days .

Been doing press ups and ab crunches every morning when I wake up , great for waking me up.

Started adding 'franks orginal hot sauce' to meals , makes rice and chicken taste better

Got five days off in a row !!! Hitting the gym hard ! Will be following the gym workout Back in black gave me

Weigh day tuesday , cant wait will upload pics when I hit a month to see the change !

Cant wait to restart clen ! ( 8 days )

Rowed two miles for a warm up ( HIIT style) , done a leg and ab workout .... Felt sick as a pig doing the ab part ! Tried the pre-workout ripped freak (got from a mate never tried before) never will try again tastes of ass ( not that I know what ass tastes like lol )

Bought a pre workout today superpump max (gaspari nutrition) went with one scoop at gym today , need two scoops in future , didnt get that itchy forehead feeling etc etc

Done trieceps , abs , shoulders and 4 miles rowing . All on a empty stomache .

Meals today :
    5 egg ommlette ( 1 whole , 4 egg whites)
    With mushroom and onions

Turkey breast and brocoli

Tuna and brown rice

Weigh day tomorrow , cant wait ! Although the mirror has been more motivation than the scales have .

Tomorrow will be 3rd week of cutting diet
    Last edited by Reiid13; 02-03-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Need a pro to chime in on 3 questions

Carbs : To get my carbs for cutting , am I oki to be eating brown rice ? I was bored watched some youtube videos and apparently it can slow down fat loss .

I eat 100g brown basmati rice / 118 cals

Oil : When im making omlettes in the morning am I oki to be using olive oil ? If not whats the best to use ( least calories and sat fat )

Sodium : Im a little worried about holding excess water weight , I dont add salt I get it naturally from food , apart from when im adding seasoning to my chicken or turkey .

HELP !! Lost a further 5lbs in a week , almost a lil worried thats alot ! Dont see how it can be muscle , as im eating a tonne of protein , as dont see how it can be water weight , as im drinking loads :/
    Last edited by Reiid13; 02-04-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information