Mental_Hernia is offline Junior Member

Nutritional take on SubWay

What is the nutritional take on SubWay for you guys? Subway is the ONLY 'fastfood' joint I will eat at, and every time I go I get the same thing.

Foot long wheat with turkey, lettuce and a few pickles. No mayo, no oil, no cheese.

Now, I know that deli meat (especially for commercial companies like Subway) has preservatives and whatnot chocked into it, but for the most part, would this be a good thing to eat?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I wouldn't make a big habbit of it but sometimes your on the go and have to get the food in. I wouldn't feel too guilty.

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    It probably wouldnt hurt every now and then, but get teh chicken breast its got a lot more protein than the turkey slices.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I always get the roasted chicken on whole wheat, definately a better choice than the deli meat.

4.55 PN? Is that a 6 inch or 12 inch? Since 12 inch here are closer to 7 bucks...

Geez, how can you only eat a 6inch? After eating a 12 inch I still feel like I haven't eaten a damn thing... Even with the double meat.

Agro is offline New Member
    I still find this hard too believe....

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    you just wait......its really gonna be "I lost 245 lbs eating at Subway and taking HYDROXYCUT"!!!

Actually a while back when they started using this guy in the ad campains there was a really good write up on the Subway website about the guy....

ColdSore is offline Banned
    I like subway, but i only eat it on my cheat day...If that tells you anything.

Mr.gH is offline Associate Member
    Maybe I'm too picky here, but heres my opinion. Any food that you set outside for 2 weeks and will still be solid, shouldnt be eaten unless its during a cheat day. What foods last for 2 weeks? Anything with preservatives, and that means everything short of a salad that fast food resturants sell. To be honest id rather eat something like a pizza or a burger if your carbing up on a cheat day, I mean theres no reason to pretend that subway is healthy. Just my thoughts from what has worked for me. Later.

Heinzanova is offline New Member
    Definatly if I need something on the go the chicken breast is the way to go. The lunch meat has to much sodium and so do pickels.

I am a lettuce, tomato, and viniger type of guy on a 6inch wheat.

xplicit is offline Member
    I never understood why some one who eat something from subway. Just go to the deli and get ham and turkey rye bread and make ur own sandwichs. I get a pound of turkey and ham and loaf of bread from the deli for no more then 15 bucks and im eating sandwichs all week long.

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    "you just wait......its really gonna be "I lost 245 lbs eating at Subway and taking HYDROXYCUT"!!!"

I pity the people in those commercials "All I eat is subway and nothing else" It's just sad. What an aweful diet. Oh well, I suppose it's a victory for them two-fold: They lose the weight and get paid to endorse the sandwiches.

I actually heard Jared got arrested for crack possession (just kidding). His real secret to weight loss: Sprinkle some DNP on your grilled chicken terriyaki sub!

Thread Information