Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 1 Post By Trevtrev

Thread: What is your take on Yogurt?

Bodacious is offline Productive Member

What is your take on Yogurt?

I am on a cut. I keep ready stuff on yogurt. Seems to me its high in sugar and fat. I am just wondering. Thanks for the info. Is it good for you or bad and ect. What kind do u recommend if u do recommend it. Thanks.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    manage to your macros is probably my best .02

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Greek yogurt is by far the most healthy. Otherwise, just judge it by its macros.
    bass likes this.

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    If it's plain/fat free, it's literally a perfect food. I recommend Siggy's greek organic yogurt. It's expensive. Grab it when it's on sale.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    don't forget for those that are lactose intolerant/sensitive, yogurt can cause problems. I don't eat much yogurt anymore

spacemon is offline Junior Member
    Make sure and read the labels. Not all Greek yogurt is the same and even the plain stuff can have high amounts of sugar. I like the plain Fage brand. Mix it with some chocolate protein for a nice treat.

Kinkarada is offline New Member
    Problem is that if you cut everything out of your diet that had some supposed negative aspects to it, there'd be nothing left that we can eat. I think good quality yoghurt with no added sugar is a good nutritional package if you are one that can tolerate it.

Sometimes I feel a bit bloated if I have more than about 300 grams at a time and I think that is because it is high in casein. This may have the added benefit of being slow release protein.

bw2506 is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by bw2506; 07-25-2014 at 09:38 PM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Greek Yogurt, little protein powder added, love it. The thing is even when you get the low sugar variety by adding protein powder and even the yogurt itself takes care of my sweet tooth cravings. I love the stuff. Its like a dish of ice cream for me man.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Greek Yogurt, little protein powder added, love it. The thing is even when you get the low sugar variety by adding protein powder and even the yogurt itself takes care of my sweet tooth cravings. I love the stuff. Its like a dish of ice cream for me man.
    same here!
    jimmyinkedup likes this.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    cottage cheese 1% whipped with a tablespoon of smuckers natural honey pb i swear i think i am eating cake some times

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    I am on a cut. I keep ready stuff on yogurt. Seems to me its high in sugar and fat. I am just wondering. Thanks for the info. Is it good for you or bad and ect. What kind do u recommend if u do recommend it. Thanks.
    I stay away from ALL dairy when cutting. When I'm not cutting the only dairy I eat is Greek yogurt and if I have any cheese it's provolone or Havarti only. No milk ever. Only almond milk regardless of cutting or bulking.

athletic.guy is offline Associate Member
    I must have yogurt in the fridge at all times. I eat the plain sugar free, low fat, Greek yogurt. Upto 500grams at a time. Probably a ill too much but when your appetite sux and you need to hit your macros I thank god I'm not lactose intolerant.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athletic.guy View Post
    I must have yogurt in the fridge at all times. I eat the plain sugar free, low fat, Greek yogurt. Upto 500grams at a time. Probably a ill too much but when your appetite sux and you need to hit your macros I thank god I'm not lactose intolerant.
    Ill second this plus healthy probiotics in yogurt help aid digestion. Good stuff.
    MuscleInk likes this.

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Yogurt- supposedly a top 10 muscle building food.

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    I like the fat free chobani Greek. Just plain good stuff. No added garbage.

One of my morning meals is one cup of it with a piece of fresh fruit cut up in it. Usually a black plumb or a peach.
    MuscleInk likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevtrev
    I like the fat free chobani Greek. Just plain good stuff. No added garbage.

One of my morning meals is one cup of it with a piece of fresh fruit cut up in it. Usually a black plumb or a peach.
    ^^^ there's alot of yogurt what is packaged as healthy and not. Yage no fat plain and add cinnamon. Very good. No fat and low in carbs.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

^^^ there's alot of yogurt what is packaged as healthy and not. Yage no fat plain and add cinnamon. Very good. No fat and low in carbs.
    Exactly. Cracks me up when they put "nonfat" or "fat free" and yet the product is loaded with sugar. People are too easily swayed by a label and lofty marketing claims......and they wonder why obesity is a problem of epidemic proportions. Lol.

I like the chobani. It unflavoured Greek yougurt. Less than 100 calories and 20gr protein....

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athletic.guy View Post
    I like the chobani. It unflavoured Greek yougurt. Less than 100 calories and 20gr protein....
    That's the one I was referring to. I buy it in a 2.4 pound tub. 1 cup is 130 cal, 22g protein, 11 carbs of which 6g is the natural sugars (not added).

A quick glance of the ingredients is all it takes. If I see the word sugar or any other added BS I don't get it. Yogurt should just be yogurt IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Trevtrev View Post
    That's the one I was referring to. I buy it in a 2.4 pound tub. 1 cup is 130 cal, 22g protein, 11 carbs of which 6g is the natural sugars (not added).

A quick glance of the ingredients is all it takes. If I see the word sugar or any other added BS I don't get it. Yogurt should just be yogurt IMHO

Agree with all that but if you try there blueberry it's amazing and still very low in sugar compared to other cheap brands.... That would be a huge treat during my cutting phase....

Thread Information