Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member

Unexpected weight gain from migraine pills

Long time no post here but figured I would share something with everyone. I have long suffered from migraines and been seeing the doctor for some relief over the last six months or so.

Long story short he prescribed me topomax and sent me home. I started out weighing around 178 and to my surprise lost a significant amout of weight and dropped to 165 or so and got up as high as 350mg per day.

Keep in mind I was not working out and have essentially taken the last 7 years off.

Well topomax was worthless in my attempt to get rid of my daily migraines so I went back 4 months later and asked for another option.

So the doc finds out I have trouble sleeping too and says you need Alevil. It's been around for 30 years, is virtually non-hepatoxic and should help me get better sleep and reduce my migraines.

25mg of the generic amnitryptaline before bedtime for the first month kinda helped so I asked to go up to 50mg and it really started to help my migraines.

Unbenounced to me, I was gaining weight and it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I realized how much when I could no longer button any of my pants. So I stepped on the scale and it registered 182. I thought back and realized I have been starving for my next meal and eating more than I ever have. Even more than when I was juicing back in the day.

Realizing I was gaining the wrong kind of weight, I decided last week to hit the weights again. I got in 2 solid workouts and ate like a monster plus drank water like no tomorrow to help with the dry mouth that is also a side effect.

Stepped on the scale tonight and weighed in at 192. 5 days ago is when I last weighed at 185. So 192 today. That's 27 pounds more than I weighed 2 months ago with only 2 workouts in the last week. I decided to get back in the swing and stay committed to working out or else I am in trouble of becoming a fat a$s.

Just thought I would share.

P.S. Alevil is also an antidepressant and anxiety drug but can be prescribed for migraines.
    Last edited by Lavinco; 08-02-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Thread Information