Thread: Very confused?

crombie09 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Very confused?

Hey guys i posted this at FG as well hoping I could get an answer.

I'm confused guys, can you help? I though your body needed carbs to take in the protien you eat or drink, is that not correct? I thought if I go on a low carb high protien diet my body would not absorb as much protien. I am going to start a tren /prop cycle as soon as I get my package in the mail. I want to lose some bf while gaining muscle. If a low carb high protien diet is ok, can you guys tell me when to get in the carbs I should. I try to eat carbs before and after lifting correct? Any insight would be really great-crombie09

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes you're right you need carbs to help with the protein.

I take the majority of my carbs in the morning and taper them down throughout the day. I wouldn't eat any carbs say after 8:00 at night if you're looking to lose some bf. Always take in some dextrose with your protein after your done training.

Also, you will notice that your protein powder will have some carbs in it like 3 or 4 grams. It's fine to drink it before you go to bed if you're hungry.

See my problem though I got this answer from someone else............does anybody really know the correct answer? -crombie09

You don't need carbs to absorb the protein. If you want to lose some bodyfat while trying to gain some size, just add cardio 3 days per week at 45 minutes along with your wait training.

At 215 lbs I would shoot for 325 grams of protein per day. On your training days, take in 400 grams of carbs. On your non-training days cut it in half and take in 200 grams of carbs. The carbs should be eaten during your first 4 meals (assuming you are eating 6). During training days make sure to eat about 1/2 of the carbs right after your workout and during the next meal. If you want to further burn some fat, add some clenbuterol or an ECA stack.

Recieved this from someone else..............what should I do? -crombie09

If you want to lose fat, you'll have to cut carbs. High protein/low carb diets are fine..... make sure the majority of your carbs are fiber and take some ginger root and you'll be fine.....

No.... you do need some carbs to digest protein. Whoever told you this is wrong. Search the net on the subject and you will see many articles on carbs and proteins and who they react with each other.

Also if you go on a too low or no carb diet you can put yourself in a catabolic state. I vary my carbs all week long from low to one high day. This will help your metabolism from stalling on you.

Also your protein is too low for your body weight unless you’re grossly overweight. You should take in 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Another thing don't cut your fats. Too many people think low fat and no fat diets are a great way to shed bf. It will have a opposite effect and you will lose muscle, test levels will drop, and you will end up a fatter person.

Maybe try 100 to 150 grams of clean carbs and see how your body reacts. Throw 3 to 4 days of cardio at 30 to 45 min. Also use flax seed oil, CLA, r-ALA, ECA.

Originally posted by TheMudMan
    No.... you do need some carbs to digest <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>. Whoever told you this is wrong. Search the net on the subject and you will see many articles on carbs and <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>s and who they react with each other.

Also if you go on a too low or no carb diet you can put yourself in a catabolic state. I vary my carbs all week long from low to one high day. This will help your metabolism from stalling on you.

Also your <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> is too low for your body weight unless you’re grossly overweight. You should take in 2 grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> per pound of body weight.

Another thing don't cut your fats. Too many people think low fat and no fat diets are a great way to shed bf. It will have a opposite effect and you will lose muscle, test levels will drop, and you will end up a fatter person.

Maybe try 100 to 150 grams of clean carbs and see how your body reacts. Throw 3 to 4 days of cardio at 30 to 45 min. Also use flax seed oil, CLA, r-ALA, ECA.
    Yes I take in clean fats such as extra virgin olive oil, avacados flax oil and raw macadamian (spelling) nuts. I take r-ala with meals that have carbs.

Clean carbs? I eat real brown rice, sweet potatos and lots of green veggies. Is that what you mean by clean carbs?

Can you throw me a good sample diet for 1 complete day?

I do cardio 3-4 times a week for around 40-45 mins in the morning before I eat.

I think I am eating the right foods, I just need to know more about timing? Thanks-crombie09

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by crombie09
    I think I am eating the right foods, I just need to know more about timing? Thanks-crombie09
    You need carbs to grow muscles, period. The timing of your carbs will be the deciding factor whether the carbs are stored as fat or used for energy. Since calories in vs. calories out is the name of the game when cutting down, carbs are best consumed early in the morning and post workout (as your metabolism is fully reved up at these times.) At 215 lbs. I would have a no more then 150 carbs a day, split up between meal#1, post-workout, and post post-workout (about 45-60 mins after your PWO drink). Try 50 grams of complex first thing in the morning, 50 grams of dextrose immediately following your workout and 50 grams of complex about an hr later. Of course you will have to fiddle around with the numbers to find the best formula that works for you.
    Hope this helps,

~US~

Morning:
    Whey Protein Shake or 10 eggs w/a yoke or / 2pc Chicken
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    24oz water
    4 grams B5
    1000mg CLA
    300mg Milk Thistle
    3 capsuls ECA
    200 mg r-ALA