Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: From shit to fit (khazima's Log)

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just got back from the gym, lady friend came over last night and i think she's given me the flu! I'm really not keen on being sick or taking time off the gym, my programmings going really well and this could really chuck a spanner in the works. But I'll take it as it comes.

Soldiered through it today without to much of a struggle. Had 3 sets of 4-6 reps for squat, with 88% last tested 1rm, hit all sets of 6 pretty clean, barely any form breakdown and my knees have been cooperating nicely.

After that I had 1 heavy set of deadlifts with 88% of my actual 1rm, from the peak of my bulk and I only got 4 reps and wasn't happy with my lumbar tightness, I'm going to take the weight down and really work on keeping my lower back tight and spine neutral consistently.

So despite only feeling about 70% today it went well.

I'm really hoping to wake up fresh and well for overhead press tomorrow!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Great work khaz

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    Great work khaz
    Thanks man

Post workout shoulders/arms pump, I'm about 2kg from my goal weight (66kg/12%BF) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	153758 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	153759

Shoulders and arms went really well today, hit all my numbers with OHP, 3 sets of 6 @ 85% 1rm, last tested at the peak of my bulk.

After that I hit my numbers nicely with close grip bench, then moved on to pumping up the arms with some supersets/dropsets and some heavy straight sets.

Feeling much better today than I did yesterday, I think my body fought off the sickness really well. Just my luck that the worst day fell on leg day!

I kept my nutrition up and had enough calories yesterday so that probably helped, and I slept like a baby for about 8 hours, then another 2 hours after a break in my sleep.

I'm just about finished with austinites protocol with the synephrine/ECGC/chromium as I'm about to run out of ECGC, I'll be taking atleast a week off and probably have some more ECGC by the time the week breaks over.

I've upped my albuterol dose to 9mg 2x daily for a total of 18mg, Even with 1mg ketotifen nightly my tolerance has been building. Last time I had a better experience upping my ketotifen dose, but I have a lot more albuterol than I do ketotifen so I'm upping the albuterol dose>the ketotifen dose.

Nothing to report on TB500 progress, my knee cleared itself up quite nicely. I want to attribute it to TB500 to an extent but i feel it would have cleared up anyway. When it began to clear up it happened quick.

My shoulder was playing up a fair bit yesterday, however it felt a lot better today which was a relief. There's definitely something wrong with the right rotator cuff, there's a crunching sound when I rotate it. It's been happening for a long time but it's been weaker than it should be and I'm sure it has something to do with my bench press lagging behind my other lifts (progress-wise). I'm hoping the TB500 helps clear it up.

Woke up at 68kg this morning, went a bit over calories due to a family dinner and I tracked afterwards.. And it turned out to be 300 over what I wanted.

I watched a few motivational videos before hitting some front squats and deficit deadlifts.. Ended out going ham in the gym, so much so that by the time I got to the deadlifts my leg DOMS had already started to kick it. By the time I got home just squatting down to pick something up is painful as hell.

It was a great session though and I'm glad I hit my quads so hard, because that was the goal.

My electric blue converse lo tops arrived this morning, and damn they're a good shoe. Great for squatting, deadlifting and they look damn fine. Very happy with that purchase.

My right knee started giving me a little trouble half way through the squats, I decided it was fine and to push through it, as well as keep it moving between sets to keep blood around the area. Turned out perfectly okay.

Much happier with the way my knees were tracking over my toes today, and a little more happy with the improved lumbar tightness during deadlifts.

I finished off with some speed straight leg deadlifts and I was absolutely fried by the second set, I'd been there for about 75 minutes going all out on front squats and deadlifts and just wanted to finish off the hams a little.

After that I was totally fried and it was time to go home and take a shower.

Took another 2mg TB500 just before, it seems injecting subq on the left side hurts more than the right side, and I've done both and the right side hasn't had any problems at all. More than likely something to do with my technique though.

Finished with my pause bench/wide grip bench day today. I've dedicated a whole day to building power off my chest as that's the weakest point in my bench. It follows the same linear rep scheme my other days do.

I did 3 sets of bench, 4-6 reps with a 2-3 second pause. Then 4 sets of wide grip bench, 6-8 reps touch and go. I've been playing with my set up again and instead of digging my traps right into the bench and creating more of an arch I've found it a lot more comfortable to lift myself off the bench, retrat the scapula then try to bring my hips up creating more of an arch.

I tweaked my shoulder slightly last night while training my brother, and it gave me quite a bit of grief today. Tomorrow's a rest day then it's bench again, if it's still giving me trouble I'll have to switch my squat and bench day around.. If it still hurts I'll just take another rest day for do a lower body power day.

I've woken at 68.0kg consistently the last 4 days, I was thinking of taking another 100 calories off my daily intake but once I added up the total weekly average I've decided not to, since I lost .5 (my weekly goal) anyway. The week before it was .25 so I pulled my head in when it came to cardio and got it done. Seemed to have worked a treat.

I'm currently icing my shoulder and applying ice gel to it, I'm hoping it gets better ASAP as there's a mock meet I really want to participate in during December. After that I plan to go really easy on my shoulders and let the TB-500 get to work, while I focus more on my squat and deadlift.

Came home and had a massive steak, some greens and 300g sweet potato. It was a splendid lunch but I didn't realise the cut of steak I was using would put such a dent in my calories -.- it was well worth it though

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    If your shoulder is tweaked be mindful of the wide grip, it beats the crap out of my shoulder so my grip is more narrow now and most of the pain is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    If your shoulder is tweaked be mindful of the wide grip, it beats the crap out of my shoulder so my grip is more narrow now and most of the pain is gone.
    Yeah I think that's what made it worse, i had it programmed and my shoulder felt about 80% so I went ahead with it and it felt about 60% by the end. Just feels like such a valuable exercise for strength off the chest.

Probably going to rest the shoulder up and let the TB-500 get to work while I finish off this cut. Then get back into some serious weight as I start bulking again.

I never could get the mind muscle connection using the wide grip, it only hurt my shoulder.

I never could get the mind muscle connection using the wide grip, it only hurt my shoulder.
    I think it's a very leverage based exercise, for me it's less about getting a mind muscle connection and more about shortening my ROM/building power off the chest. The stretch I get is amazing though, the contraction not so much but my pecs are basically stretched out throughout the entire ROM.

Today's been a rest day, a much needed one at that. My shoulder feels fine maybe 80% so I'm hoping it feels atleast 90% by tomorrow so I can bench. If not I'll just switch the days up to give it an extra day to recover.

Decided to refeed today since I haven't in quite a while, just didn't feel like I needed it. Since tomorrow is a heavy day whether it's bench or squat I'll be needing the energy.

I'm thinking of using a keto/refeed approach for the rest of my diet. Essentially by having as little carbs as possible throughout the week, then refeeding once a week. Also while doing that I'll adjust my split to suit it, by doing my heavy days for the first few days after a refeed, then power/glycogen depletion workouts for the rest of the week.

I've found a really awsome program by bodybuilding dot com, which is super uncommon as they're usually all bro splits or just plain shit. When I took a look at this one I was pleasantly surprised at how well layed out it is, and how basic yet advanced the training principles are. A doctor spent months in a lab with an athlete to figure out the ideal training/nutrition and supplement program. I really like the look of the training program but tbh I think the nutrition is overhyped and the supplement guide is more of a marketing scheme. Which is completely understandable as it's funded by a supplement company. The best part.. It's free, and really good with the newest research on training and nutrition.

I feel like I'm trying to sell it myself lol, I just can't wait to give it a try myself as the way it's set out is my type of split and my type of training.

Sitting at around 250 carbs atm, less than 10 fat and about 90 protein. Planning on hitting about 450-500 carbs, 20-30 fat and 130-150 protein.

Ended out having 400g carbs for my refeed, tried to use any carbs that won't keep like my bananas and some opened yoghurt since I'm swtitching to a keto/refeed approach from today on.

So far I'm at about 1000 calories with less than 10g carbs from some greens. I'm loving the idea of having my hard days after my refeeds then doing hypertrophy/glycogen depletion workouts. Should be a fun experiment.

Training went well today I did 3 sets of 3 with 90% 1rm on squats, then I was supposed to do 2 sets of 3 with 90% on Deadlifts but since I'm doing beltless and I've cut a lot since last testing I ended out doing 85% of my all time 1rm for a set of 3, after doing a set of 80% for 3. The 85% set was a bit of a grinder but I filmed them and I'm really happy with the way my forms looking now. Just need to work on that lower back tightness.

One of my bottles of albuterol ran out last night so today was the first day with the new one, from another brand. Boy it's potent. The taste is chemically and it's so harsh it's like taking a straight shot of harsh vodka. I took 10mg (2ml) since this is 5mg per ml when usually I take 9mg of 6mg per ml (1.5ml) and within half an hour I felt jittery and slightly anxious, started getting some shakes and really feeling it get to work. Since I got my TB-500 from the same place I'm ecstatic about the quality as (logically thinking) the TB should be gold as well.

Shoulders feeling pretty good probably going to give pressing a rest for a bit longer, I'll just do back tomorrow then legs again the day after, then rest, then press and we'll see how it goes. My knee started to play up on the second rep of my last set of squats, which was lucky timing but unfortunate to know that it's not fully repaired yet.

Just finished a chest/back workout. Probably shouldn't have done cardio yesterday I feel like I wasted some glycogen for today. I'm going to save cardio for the 3 days before my refeed, and save as much energy as possible for my heavy days.

Workout went really well though, I hit my numbers nicely I had 3 sets of 3/2-4/1-2 reps and hit 3/4/2 which I was happy with. Then 3 sets of pull-ups in which I got 12/10/10 reps. I moved onto incline and started with a warmup weight, which aggravated my shoulder so I decided to stay light on it and really stretch and contract my chest.

So out of energy right now though, it's so hot today I can barely think enough to log properly.
    Last edited by Khazima; 11-13-2014 at 08:28 PM.

bw2506 is offline Junior Member
    Interested in reading onthe workout. Where can i find it

Quote Originally Posted by bw2506 View Post
    Interested in reading onthe workout. Where can i find it
    Bodybuilding.com - Project Mass: Jake Wilson's 14-Week Muscle-Building Trainer

Just got back from a deadlift/power session. Funny thing happened, I dropped a deadlift (as you do.. It's a deadlift) making some noise, and a guy looked at me and goes 'really?' I said what? And he said something I couldn't make out with a strong accent he had. I proceeded to say it's a gym, if you want silence go to a library. Then he said something in his accent and all I made out was 'scared me' and he had a smile, so I just smiled back and felt bad.. Just proves to myself I'm not a mean person lol I snapped back pretty quickly and felt bad afterward..

My shoulders thrown a spanner in the works so I decided to do a deadlift/Glute/power workout. Started off with some kettlebell swings to get the glutes firing then worked up to a heavy single on Deadlifts, followed by the second triple I was supposed to do the other day.

Then I just did a bunch of sets for speed with 2 plates, just 2-3 reps concentrically accelerating as fast as I could. Inbetween/after those I did some speed doubles and triples on the bench, shoulder felt fine with those so I did about 5-6 sets as fast as I could with 20-30 second rests.

Also did some experimenting with pentlay rows, I've done them before but I've never done them as a part of my workout. Did abut 4 sets of 3-5 reps for speed and explosiveness really trying to engage my lats not my lower back or traps shrugging up the movement. I quite liked them and think I'll incorporate a power day and see how it works for me.

Once all that was done I was pretty exhausted, decided to hit calves hard and do some glute ham raises which I've never done properly either. I liked it a lot, really engages the hamstrings hard and I think it could have some serious carry over to the deadlift.

Ended out being a really long session, almost cardio but I was having fun trying lots of things for my deadlift/power.

When I got home I realised I had a call from a potential employer, which is really exciting because I haven't worked in quite a while and it'd be awsome to have more money than i currently receive.

Drugs: (lol)
    The new brand albuterol I'm using is either super potent or they've just given me clen . Within half an hour to an hour I start to feel shaky and my heart rate rises. It lasts a lot longer than the albut from ar-r . So I'm thinking they've just given me clen, I'm using less than 1/3 of the dose to the same effect, only dosing in the mornings.

At night I'm still taking keto/melatonin and last night I was having the wildest dreams. At one point i was in an underground lab sort of thing and there were these strange monsters that were eating all the animals and people. I'm about to get killed by one when some sort of caterpillar slingshots me into the air, caccoons me mid air and we last in a gigantic gelatin block. We come out of the block and he tells me to focus and think about teleporting to another planet, and as were about to die we quickly teleport back to his home with all his friends, and we're on a never ending run from these monsters. It was the strangest thing lol.

Anyway.. It's been quite a log.. Time to eat.

I intended on doing arms today, since my routine is all messed up and I did power yesterday I was going to do arms today and rest tomorrow. However since I was supposed to go skydiving this morning I woke up early, then it got postponed because of whether so I went back to bed and woke up at 1. So I'm taking my rest day today

Pretty keen on hitting bench/OHP tomorrow if my shoulders will allow it. If not I'll just bench and hit back. Then legs the day after, hopefully that'll be enough total rest for me knee to allow me to do a front squat session.

Been really hungry today, might be because I haven't taken my albuterol but I've got 700 cals left for the day and could easily eat 1500 without being fully satisfied. Can't wait to get back to bulking lol.

Took my calories down another 100 to speed the process up a little, next few days will have cardio everyday before my refeed and I get paid tomorrow so I'll be able to buy the food to properly implement a keto approach.

It's my birthday on Tuesday which is exciting, turning 20! Won't be doing anything exciting just going hitting the gym and going out to dinner with the family

I've been cutting for about 8 weeks now, and have decided to go for 2 more weeks until I either go back to bulking, or atleast go back for 2-3 months for the sake of my hormones and growing body. I don't want to cut for any longer than 10 weeks due to the damages an extended deficit can have on a growing body and it's hormones.
    Last edited by Khazima; 11-15-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Just got back from hitting chest/back, I was supposed to hit chest/arms but did a couple pull-ups and one thing lead to another..

190x4 is a projected max of about 210lb and I always smash my projected maxes, so it may finally be my time to hit a 2 plate bench. Which is really surprising considering I'm almost 5kg (11lb) lighter than I was hitting 198lb.

I've found myself developing an addiction to caffeine. Without some caffeine my workouts suffer and it's a really useful appetite suppressant when I get hungry later on in the day. I suppose there could be worse and it's not dramatically harmful to my health.

It's my birthday! Yeww, officially not in my teens anymore.

However it's been an unfortunate day at the gym. My knee felt pretty good going into the gym but about half through warming up my squat the knee go really and really quick. Ended out doing a few deadlifts and a little bit of shoulders.

Pretty depressing but whatever, I'll probably take tomorrow off then workout Thursday and Friday then deload for 9-10 days while I finish off my cut and prepare myself for the new program.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Happy birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Happy birthday!
    Thanks man

Happy belated Birthday.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    x2 man.

Happy belated Birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    x2 man.
    Cheers fellas

Pretty boring day today, not much to report and not much I can do if I choose to workout.

My knee gave me way to much trouble yesterday so I'll be laying off it completely and maxing the next time my knee allows me to squat.

Plan on maxing my bench tomorrow, then hitting some chest/back, possibly maxing my deadlift the day after then resting another day, after which I'll hopefully be able to max my squat and start my deload.

Yesterday was my final refeed and I'm going to spend the last 2 weeks of my cut really trying to prime for my bulk. I'll probably spend most of my deload week resting and doing short bouts of cardio every day while in as bit of a deficit as I can handle (probably no more than 600-700).

I'm really excited to see where my bench is at, my squat has regressed on this cut and my deadlift has stayed pretty much the same, but my bench has definitely improved. I'm not sure if it's largely due to the cut or the injuries but I'm not complaining lol.

So keen to get back to making some gains.

My 1000th post wewwwww! Thought I might as well make it in my log ^.^

Bout to go max on bench, don't have a spotter so I'm gonna look like a dick if I fail lol. Just had some eggs and a sugar free energy drink, feeling pretty good.

I was able to get 3 reps at 275, had a guy to spot and make sure I didn't have to roll it down my chest, lol.

I was able to get 3 reps at 275, had a guy to spot and make sure I didn't have to roll it down my chest, lol.
    Haha it's a terrible feeling when you're that guy being pinned down by a barbell struggling to get out.

The bench at my gym has safety bars so it's fine, perfect for 1rms.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Shoot. I missed the birthday cake

- GAL -->

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Shoot. I missed the birthday cake
    Hahaha dw I saved you a piece

/>
    My bench max was a lot smoother and easier, at lower BW. Squat got slightly weaker, went a lot smoother, technique is better and I've been dealing with the knee issues the whole time. Then, deadlift got slightly weaker, after squatting and I was a lot happier with my form.

Very successful cut, I don't plan on getting that much leaner. I'll be cutting pretty aggressively for another week and a half, then back to bulking on the road to a 2 plate bench and 4 plate deadlift.

Resting today and tomorrow, the deload grind has begun. I'm going to stay out of the gym as much as I can handle until Monday week. If I do go to the gym it'll only be to hit some arms/back so I won't be aggravating any injuries and giving them a much needed break.

I'm really hoping I can recover enough to have a relatively pain free 14 week training block. There are 'deload' weeks during the cycle but they're just dramatically cutting down volume to allow recovery. If need be I'll use them as proper deloads to let any niggling injuries recover for the next mesocycle.

GPA worlds is on this weekend, a mate and myself are going to see the big boys tomorrow. Should be awsome.

uhit is offline Member
    How many calories are you on average consuming daily?

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    How many calories are you on average consuming daily?

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Great Log mate!.......

Excellent progress and dedication! well done.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Great Log mate!.......

Excellent progress and dedication! well done.
    Thanks man

Had a rest day yesterday and went to GPA worlds. It was super awsome seeing Eric Lillibridge, Brandon Lilly and Dan Green lifting, kind of surreal. I got to meet Chris Duffin, see a world record squat (450kg) and a world record total (1080kg). The whole day was a lot of fun and it's awsome to see powerlifting growing so fast. The seats were packed well before the action was under way and there was people standing around everywhere filling the exhibition hall.

So the deload workouts have started, I hit some arms today and just did a bunch of curls and some pushdowns to satisfy my craving to workout. Probably going to hit some light back tomorrow or some some posterior chain work. Really trying to give my CNS as much rest as possible before this next training block.

Started back up on the albuterol today. Getting some shakes, elevated heart rate and mild anxiety. It's strange I needed 2x9mg doses and 1mg ketotifen from ar-r and this brand I have 1 '5mg' dose once a day and it feels like it lasts the whole day and gives me way more sides. Leads me to think it's clen as I've already stated.

Doing a lot more cardio this week and slightly under eating before bed if I can handle it. I'll be reverse dieting for a few weeks into the training block so I may get leaner still, and continue with the albuterol.

Just did another deload workout. Woken up at 67.6kg every day for the last 5 days but using an averaging method I've still lost .25 this week so it's fine. I'm pretty done with cutting, i wouldn't mind being a bit leaner but honestly it's counterproductive to my goals and I need to get back to growing.

Woke up dosed my albuterol and did some cardio then went to gym for another deload workout. Did some moderate singles on squats and a few sets of paused bench triples or sets of 5. Then I worked my calves properly, since they've been neglected lately since I keep experiencing pain where my calf connects with the hamstring. Likely tendon related.

Edit: Just got an email from the TAFE, i've officially passed my cert 4 in fitness and am a qualified personal trainer now on to diploma..
    Last edited by Khazima; 11-24-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Resting again today.. Pretty boring. Super keen to get started on this program and making some gains. I'll probably reverse diet for the first two weeks and add 50-100 calories every few days. Then depending on what my weight is doing I'll add/maintain the calories once I'm at atleast 2700. That should be a nice surplus of 250-300.

Hitting cardio every day this week, the scale is still sitting on 67.6 as it has for the last 6 days but I'm looking leaner and leaner.

My knees are definitely feeling better, doing some moderate weight squats aggravated my right knee a little, which I expected since I noticed it flaring up slightly during cardio in the morning. It wasn't to the point where I couldn't squat and some technique adjustment practically made it stop.

Shoulders also felt great doing some moderate bench press which is an awsome sign. I really hope my shoulders don't give me too much grief for the next training block because it will and always does throw a spanner in the works.

I noticed my elbows flaring up slightly just while I was demonstrating an exercise while training my brother. Thinking of getting some compression cuffs to see if it has any effect. Rubbing ice gel on the days I'm pressing usually helps and also numbs my shoulder well enough for my to able to get through the session.

Probably going to go in and hit some fluff work like some arms tomorrow.

Thread Information