sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member

Stuck @ 200 and 17%

Current diet attached,

I have been having good success with this one, but now been stuck at 200 for about 3 weeks. Diet is on point, cardio, 40 minutes 5 - 6 times a week am fasted, weight training stays solid, and sled work once a week.

any adjustment suggestions or am at a ride it out a couple more weeks point I was think of adding a once a week or every two week refeed/cheat meal as my carbs are on the low side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck @ 200 and 17%-diet.jpg  

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try adding a refeed day once a week, eat up to maintenance maybe 200-300 over, go as high carbs and low fats as possible on refeed days.

Protein could easily be 30-40 lower, and add to your carbs or fats.

I'm a little under 160lb cutting on 2200, your macros are crazy. I was just going to say eat less, but 1700 is ridiculously low for a 200lb man, hopefully refeeding could be what you need.

Possibly eat 100 calories less per day, then eat 300 calories over maintenance on refeed says. Or up to maintenance.

I forgot to add the coconut oil i saute my veggies in for lunch and diner, and rice at lunch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stuck @ 200 and 17%-diet.jpg  

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt2jay View Post
    I forgot to add the coconut oil i saute my veggies in for lunch and diner, and rice at lunch
    Alright, still pretty low calories. Still try refeeding, and eat 100 calories less for a week and see where it takes you.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    That is too low for 200lbs, you need a refeed at least once a week. I cut a ton of fat with low carbs and higher protein and fats, I don't count but I know my body pretty good. Try adding a bit more complex carbs and clean protein, I just started adding Vitargo carbs to my pre/intra/post workout drinks. So far it feels good, but I am on a bulk, so not concerned with a bit of smoothness right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Alright, still pretty low calories. Still try refeeding, and eat 100 calories less for a week and see where it takes you.
    confused a bit here. you suggest going with 100 calories less to what you think is low in calories already, or am i reading it wrong?

from what I am getting is that food choices are good to go, and if I remain with this meal plan I need to refeed at least once a week with additional calories and carbs (good carbs)

or work on bumping up the calories maybe 200-300 calories by adding a bit more complex carbs and run clean no refeed meals

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    What are your goals with the diet? Are you trying to lose bf or build muscle, or both? If you are trying to lose fat and are stuck, then you need to either burn more calories or try and spike your metabolism since calories are so low already. The refeed days should help spike your metabolism.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    When dieting down on such a restricted caloric intake your body undergoes a great deal of stress. It's possible you maybe losing fat but retaining water which would keep the scale stuck at the same weight. Hormones like cortisol and aldosterone will elevate and cause increased water retention during times of stress ie dieting. Try adding a refeed day of around or slightly above maintenance and make it a high carb day. This will restore thyroid hormones as well as help shed some water weight.

Another Look at Metabolic Damage | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

^^^^ thanks
    that was what I was leaning toward. I like the foods I am eating, I am not hungry and it is staying simple.

I think I will run as is for an additional 4 weeks with a weekly refeed, and re evaluate

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Carb cycling is a great way to get out of your rut. Marcus300 wrote up s great article that is in the stickies somewhere that lays out carb cycling. I think gbrice did a similar thread. It really works and allows for a lot of flexibility .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LOW CARB.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	153837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MODERATE CARB.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	371.4 KB 
ID:	153838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	refeed.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	153839

made a couple adjustments. going with a 3 day moderate carb, 3 day low carb, 1 day refeed.

moderate days work out heavier weight lower reps - back, legs, chest
    low carb lighter weight higher reps - Bis, tris, shoulders
    refeed day off

cardio 2 days High Intensity 20 - 30 minutes (monday & friday) 3 days of lower intensity 45 minutes (tuesday, wednesday, saturday?

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Man, you would lose fat on 2000 cals a day. Your protein is high enough. Increase cals with some healthy nuts like cashews or peanut butter.

If you go to carb cycling, which works great, leave your protein and fat intake levels normal every day, but vary the carbs intake.
    Take your cal intake over an average of 7 days, which would be 14,000 cal per week @ an average of 2000 cals per day.

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Actually, now that i work 200lbs x 15, after subtracting 500 cals from that......................2500 cals per day would put you in fat burning zone.

At 1700 cals, your metabolism probably came to a halt.

I was following a diet plan similar to a thread by Gbrice.

he has a card cycle of 3 days moderate card followed by 3 days low carb and last day re-feed. i added up my current week and I come in at 14,500 cals

with the re feed day wouldnt that help to re boost metabolism?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It may but you have to remember that the plan gbrice uses works for him. There is no right or wrong just what works for u. I would keep protein at 1.5 grams per lbm and fat at .25 grams lbm and go on a 2 day low carb, 1 day med and 1 day re-feed then repeat. Not terribly drastic but it worked for me.... Took a little bit of time to figure it out however.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    IMO chances are if ur not losing fat at 2000cals then u need to reduce cals further. at 17% and 200lbs it seems u should still be progressing with fat loss at 2000cals. how diligent are u at making sure ur hitting ur macros and not under reporting ur cals?

for me to get below 10% i usually have to drop into the 1700-1800calorie range.

I was very diligent on the 1st diet in 1st post. based off comment and the gbrice sticky i adjusted. that is post #12. last week was hunting opener so hitting exact number not there but food choices were good. since then numbers are on.

I am gonna run as is for a couple weeks and adjust as needed. maybe go with BusterB recommendation of 2 low carb, 1 med card, 1 refeed and repeat.

glad to see you jump in 405 been a long time since I have been on here how ya been?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    been pretty good man. trying to hit it as hard as i can, like everyone else

good to hear
    I slacked off for a bit trying to start/open a group fitness franchise which didnt pan out. what a rough year. not sure the stressed helped.
    back on track now

Thread Information