Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Khazima
  • 1 Post By Lifted1

Thread: Got my Diet Dialed!!!

ojm3 is offline Associate Member

Got my Diet Dialed!!!

Im not one to toot my own horn but since online i dont have a face this time i will. About 3 months ago i had made a thread about wanting to start my first cycle, most of the good dues on here talked me out of it. As i figured my diet was a wreck, this was my inability to see proper gains. I has told to lay off the gear and get my food in order, then repost. Well Im glad to say i did!

I started changing for the better by ensuring i had a daily intake of proper fruits and vegetables. i then moved my protien intake to 150grams+ daily. Due to a job change i cut my calorie intake down. No more 15 hour days on the gas pad. My current job is indoors and requires no physical effort, therefore i cut my TDEE down

Current daily intake

Protien: 150+ grams
    Fats: 45-55 grams
    Carbs:150 grams

I started my diet and exercise at 5'9 155lbs at about 20% BF. I am happy to announce that today i am at 184lbs with about 15%BF. My Legs have exploded, i can no longer get my 30 size up my legs, i am currently wearing 33 inch waist. and have added considerate muscle to my chest, and have added around 2 inches to each arm (cant find log with begining measurements). Thanks for reading! lol

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gained 30lb and lost 5% bodyfat in 3 months, as well as putting 2 inches on your arms, all while eating 1700 calories? I'm happy for you making progress, but that's not exactly possible by any stretch of the imagination.
    Lifted1 likes this.

Lifted1 is offline Member
    lemme guess, you're eating horse meat hahahaha

if you don't get the reference, Alistair Overeem was accused of steroid usage due to his massive size gain in a short period of time. he always denied it and said he eats horse meat.
    Khazima likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Gained 30lb and lost 5% bodyfat in 3 months, as well as putting 2 inches on your arms, all while eating 1700 calories? I'm happy for you making progress, but that's not exactly possible by any stretch of the imagination.
    Just realized I made a total typo!!! 4 months time!! not 3...4!!

And no im not eating horse meat lol. Im not saying im huge by any means! I simply went from a skinny guy, to say athletic build. Ive put weight on evenly over my entire body. Im just reporting as a guy who was eating like crap, made a change and saw a gain, thats all.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ojm3 View Post
    Just realized I made a total typo!!! 4 months time!! not 3...4!!

And no im not eating horse meat lol. Im not saying im huge by any means! I simply went from a skinny guy, to say athletic build. Ive put weight on evenly over my entire body. Im just reporting as a guy who was eating like crap, made a change and saw a gain, thats all.
    Good on you man, but it really just doesn't work like that. You don't go from skinny fat to athletic 30lb heavier in 4 months adding 2 inches to your arms all while eating a 120lb girls cutting macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Good on you man, but it really just doesn't work like that. You don't go from skinny fat to athletic 30lb heavier in 4 months adding 2 inches to your arms all while eating a 120lb girls cutting macros.
    You are correct! Please remember that i said ive recently cut my TDEE wayyy down. Those are my current numbers at the state im at now as of the last few weeks. Now my job is at home from a computer. Im dormant through the working day, and do no have to commute.

I started to impove my diet around mid june, after learning here in beggining of august nutrition got dialed in. My intake was roughly 2-2.5 times more for the first 3 months of my diet. I probably should have added that my job more than likely had a great deal to do with my gains. I spent 12-15 hours a day walking up and down cut out on mountains carrying 115lb pound pieces of drill steel, walking 60 degree angle 15 feet high holding that steel, then lifting overhead and holding for about 7 seconds at a time. If we werent doing that we were mixing 94lb bags of grout at 140-180 bagsin 4 hour spurts, then shooting shotcrete for a few hours.

Like i said, im not jacked or anything! But when i had come home after 3 months out every friend and family member i have was like "Dude you got pretty damn big!" One of my buddies that has been lifting for years actually asked me if i had gone on cycle while i was gone.

Im not sure if it was diet, my job, or the gym....maybe i have really just been taking care of my body like SHIT the last few years, and this is what im supposed to look like???

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    just as a sanity test, what you claim in the time frame you claim it is outside the range most of us have experienced or observed in others.

data points:

aprox 1,000 calorie deficit
    Gain 32.4 lbs of muscle
    lose 3.4 pounds of fat
    time frame 4 moths
    Anabolics? No

something doesn't add up. You don't GAIN while being in such a huge caloric deficiency

double check the math, tell me which variable is not correct?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	117 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	153504

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    just as a sanity test, what you claim in the time frame you claim it is outside the range most of us have experienced or observed in others.

data points:

aprox 1,000 calorie deficit
    Gain 32.4 lbs of muscle
    lose 3.4 pounds of fat
    time frame 4 moths
    Anabolics? No

something doesn't add up. You don't GAIN while being in such a huge caloric deficiency

double check the math, tell me which variable is not correct?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	117 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	153504
    The numbers you have now are what I have been consuming over the last 3 weeks or so. Multiply the current numbers by 2 on protein 1.5 on fats, and 2.5 or carbs. That's roughly my intake for the first 3 months. I'd say I gained a few pounds to fat since I've been back with my activity level basically nonexistent unless it's gym day.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This thread is ridiculous. The claims made are not physically possible whatsoever and I am not sure why we are entertaining it?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    This thread is ridiculous. The claims made are not physically possible whatsoever and I am not sure why we are entertaining it?
    Maybe it would help if OP posted up some before and after pics!???!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ojm3 View Post
    The numbers you have now are what I have been consuming over the last 3 weeks or so. Multiply the current numbers by 2 on protein 1.5 on fats, and 2.5 or carbs. That's roughly my intake for the first 3 months. I'd say I gained a few pounds to fat since I've been back with my activity level basically nonexistent unless it's gym day.
    well, I'm glad you experienced positive results, but the numbers you threw up really don't correlate with the results. it's an ambiguous thread at best. Usually, when someone makes a claim and then throws up some numbers, the assumption is that those numbers are the road map to the results you obtained. but since you said your macros changed right at the very end, it's extremely hard for us to connect the dots and agree with your statement.

so, congratulations on your results.
    ---Roman

Thread Information