Grymreefer is offline Associate Member

Deadlift Variations

I can't find much information on this variation, but sometimes when I am at the gym and most of the 45 plates are being used I will instead put 225 on the bar and stand those step up plastic pieces (for elevation) and do deadlifts like that. It just allows me to go deepers into the lift and I feel it more in my hamstrings after I go past where the ground would be. I just randomly thought of this one day and I can't find information on it. My grip on deadlifts is as if I was bench pressing. I only do mixed grip when I go up to 405. My grip can't keep it from rolling in the other formation.

Also, to the tall people. Is deadlift your strongest lift? I seem to explode in deadlifting, but all my other exercises are lacking. My squat max is only 225 for 6. and my bench has yet to break 200 pounds, but I can somehow deadlift 405 for 8 reps comfortably.

I've been training off an on since I was 17 in weightlifting class in school, but I never got serious until this last year or so. I only took weightlifting and advance strength and conditioning for the credits.
    Last edited by Grymreefer; 10-31-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typos

Grymreefer is offline Associate Member
    Sh!t I just noticed I put this in the wrong section. Admin, My apologies I don't want to double post. Could this be moved? My bad please don't flame me for it.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grymreefer View Post
    Sh!t I just noticed I put this in the wrong section. Admin, My apologies I don't want to double post. Could this be moved? My bad please don't flame me for it.
    Dw about it man, happens pretty often lol.

That's called a deficit deadlift, certainly nothing new it's one of the oldest techniques in the book, great for building power of the floor.

It's pretty normal for that to be the case, it really depends on your leverages, for example my friend has a 125kg bench, 150kg squat and a 230kg deadlift, his leverages for his squat aren't that great but they're great for the deadlift (long arms short torso).

I'm the opposite, I have relatively short femurs, and short arms so my squat is my best lift, it's 10kg less than my deadlift but deadlift is usually 30-40kg heavier maybe even more.

Thread Information