Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    margo is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    74

    Question Hamburger or Pork?

    Which of these two type of lean meat would you choose for dinner:
    pork or hamburger?
    Margo

  2. #2
    Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The Rink!!
    Posts
    3,169
    I choose neither.

    What I do in this case is hit your local meat market and get the butcher to get you some top sirloin steak and have them cut all the visible fat off it then put it through the grinder. Have him/her pack it up in 1 lb bags and bring'em home and cook them up.

    3.5oz of top sirlion = 180 cals. , 30gm Protein, 0gms Carbs, 6gms of Fat
    3.5oz of Extra lean Ground Beef = 283 cals, 28gms Protein, 0gms Carbs, 16gms of Fat
    3.5oz of Pork Tenderloin = 164cals., 27gms Protein, 0 gms Carbs, 8 gms Fat

  3. #3
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    Originally posted by Shredz
    I choose neither.

    What I do in this case is hit your local meat market and get the butcher to get you some top sirloin steak and have them cut all the visible fat off it then put it through the grinder. Have him/her pack it up in 1 lb bags and bring'em home and cook them up.

    3.5oz of top sirlion = 180 cals. , 30gm Protein, 0gms Carbs, 6gms of Fat
    3.5oz of Extra lean Ground Beef = 283 cals, 28gms Protein, 0gms Carbs, 16gms of Fat
    3.5oz of Pork Tenderloin = 164cals., 27gms Protein, 0 gms Carbs, 8 gms Fat
    Thats some fatty ass lean beef. My ground beef is 4g of fat per serving.
    I eat hambuger pattys all day long when dieting.
    I don't eat pork(EOW) unless it's wild boar

  4. #4
    chinups Guest
    I just recenty added osterich and buffalo to my diet. They are the leanest meats you can get. Imo good stuff

    And burgers I use all the time too as long as you don't consume too much carbs to go with that fat.

    Chins

  5. #5
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    Originally posted by chinups
    I just recenty added osterich and buffalo to my diet. They are the leanest meats you can get. Imo good stuff

    And burgers I use all the time too as long as you don't consume too much carbs to go with that fat.

    Chins
    Where do you find Ostrich and Buffalo?

  6. #6
    margo is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    74
    But why not eat pork?
    Do you eat your hamburger in a hamburger-bread or do you skip the bread and just eat it plain with vegetables?
    Margo

  7. #7
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    Originally posted by margo
    But why not eat pork?
    Do you eat your hamburger in a hamburger-bread or do you skip the bread and just eat it plain with vegetables?
    Margo
    I just don't like pork all that much.

    I eat the hamburger without bread while cutting.

  8. #8
    margo is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    74
    So what do you eat with your naked hamburger?
    Margo

  9. #9
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    Originally posted by margo
    So what do you eat with your naked hamburger?
    Margo
    Depends. If I'm doing a really low carb meal, I might add some cheese on top and eat some fiberous veggies on the side. If carbs are in the mix, I'll have a couple of patties with some beans and spinach.
    hell, sometimes I just have a couple of patties with 2 Tblspns of Flax

    I just stay away from breads becasue of the high glycemic index.

  10. #10
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    Yeah - Where is the buffalo???? I know it is making a huge come back and they are all over the place now but I have not seen it at the grocery store yet..

  11. #11
    arthurb999's Avatar
    arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,715
    Originally posted by Pheedno


    Where do you find Ostrich and Buffalo?


    Sorry bro... we don't openly post sources here. Stick around and get to know some people... and don't answer all the PM you get... it's just people trying to scam you. You're a "Vet", you should know this.


  12. #12
    BIG TEXAN's Avatar
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    6,525
    Originally posted by arthurb999




    Sorry bro... we don't openly post sources here. Stick around and get to know some people... and don't answer all the PM you get... it's just people trying to scam you. You're a "Vet", you should know this.


  13. #13
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    Originally posted by arthurb999




    Sorry bro... we don't openly post sources here. Stick around and get to know some people... and don't answer all the PM you get... it's just people trying to scam you. You're a "Vet", you should know this.

    Thats it, I'm issuing you your first citation from the AR Gestapo. Your in direct violation for interfering with a covert source post op. You have blown my cover,
    2 more mister and your gear is confiscated

  14. #14
    Feli Fly's Avatar
    Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    79
    Margo I hear ya if it's a cost issue. Not everyone has the money for fish or beef steaks, much less buffalo and ostrich... WTF? Sometimes even chicken or turkey is too spendy if I'm near the end of a semester and almost outta loan $. Sure whey, eggs, and milk go a long way, but you still want some meat protein...

    I think with hamburger and ground pork, neither one is great, both are high in sat fat and cholesterol. That said, if one I'm aiming to bulk up and low on $, I've just picked up whichever is cheaper. Tuna is always a good option too. My lifing buds and I are famous for picking up whatever is expiring that day and marked down in the meat department... go home, mix it up, and it's cals isn't it? Sure not the best, but mac n cheese or box dinners (pasta roni, helper, whatever) with a can of tuna or a pound of meat thrown in has to do the job sometimes. And it will.

    Other ideas would be to mix them in pasta sauce, with rice, BBQ burgers, etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •