Rocky0019 is offline Junior Member

Help me please..Why the hell am I gaining fat when my macros are low and high workout

coming straight to the topic
    I eat at most 1800-1900 cals a day (~130-150g Protein, 50-80g Carbs, rest fat)
    I am 5'10'' Tall and weigh 85.4KG

I did my body fat analysis in my gym(gold`s gym...they use the inBody machine which is a BIA based machine)
    5 days before on 8/1/2015 my body fat was 18.6KG and SMM was 36.6KG
    today on 13/1/2015, my body fat is 19.2KG and SMM is 36.2KG (weight is same 85.4KG)

I did 30Mins of jogging (8-10kmph) straight without a single second of rest followed by lifting workout of 2 muscle groups EVERYDAY.
    my the hell did I gained fat and lost muscle?
    I mean I can understand the muscle loss as high exercise and low diet
    but how did I gain fat?

please tell me some other method of fat loss
    it will be a great help
    thankyou
    Last edited by Rocky0019; 01-13-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The machines/methods used aren't accurate, you need to get a proper DEXA scan to get an accurate reading of differences in lean body mass/body fat and water.

Nothing will have changed, stop using the bodyfat measurements at gyms and just go by the scale and more importantly the mirror. Also, you shouldn't be working out everyday, at least 1 full days rest a week and preferably another rest day from weights that you can do cardio on if you please.

thankyou for your reply bro
    but is it bad if I work 6 days a week
    (6 days cardio + 6 days lift)?

and do you have some info about that BIA based machine?
    actually when I did my fat analysis, I was dehydrated(after workout)
    is it possible that it has interfered with my result?
    if it has interfered, in this case it should tell more bodyfat% than it actually is or lower than it actually is?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    As Khazima said, the machines are not all that accurate. Use the scale and mirror to monitor progress. Actually, the one tool I find to be the most helpful, even better than a scale, is a tape measure. Measure every single body part periodically, and record the changes. I have a notebook in my drawer that I record all of my measurements almost monthly.

I seriously doubt you gained half a kilo of fat in 5 days, but how about you post up your diet for us to critique? The first thing I noticed is that the fat content may be a bit high at over 100 grams per day. Some people respond well to this, but have you thought of just doing a standard 40/40/20 spilt to see how you respond, then adjust from there?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You need to allow rest for your body to recover from workouts, if you feel fine doing 6 days a week you can do that though.

IMO completely drop the bodyfat measurements, and if you're going to use a tape measure don't do it too often, those two things and the scale can quickly become an obsession and hinder your results. You just need to focus on diet and cardio, keep up your training and be patient.

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    More of this ^^^^^The mirror and how fast you recover post workout. I rest one day when lifting heavy, plus limit my cardo to 80% intensity. Everyone is unique and respond depending on diet and genetics. Cheers!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Let the mirror be the judge...hit the scale once a week and break away from stressing about measurements.....its over the long that matters. I used to weigh myself everyday, drag the fat calipers out and the tape......too much stressing about minutia! Even on cycle bulk or cut, I weigh in once a week.....

Thread Information