Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: rhoag Weekly acountability log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    happy late bday big guy!

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is an updated pic from this week 54 years and 1 day old. I need to do a compare pic from when I started. I was going to cut but ended up lifting heavier and bulking while still maintaining BF.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Looking good brother!! I was over your way last week visiting the Dells the boys loved all waterparks. We had a good time!!

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Always a pleasure to see your updates, inspiring as always Happy Birthday!

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Looking good Rhoag! excellent work!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Always a pleasure to see your updates, inspiring as always Happy Birthday!
    ^^^x2

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. Couple more weeks then i need to try and start cutting some BF.

looking lean and mean rhoag!

thanks Rajin......Joco71 we are going camping at an adult only (21 or over) campground Thu-Sun. Should be fun there is a strip club across the street, regular bar with outdoor pool on the campground. Have to see if the wife can keep up next weekend..
    Joco71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    thanks Rajin......Joco71 we are going camping at an adult only (21 or over) campground Thu-Sun. Should be fun there is a strip club across the street, regular bar with outdoor pool on the campground. Have to see if the wife can keep up next weekend..
    Haha sounds like a good time to me!

Had a fun weekend saw some fun stuff . Now is the time for me to dig deep and change things up. Time to drop some body fat and not loose muscle.

Rhoag was it Cruisin Chubby's across the street? If so I camped about mile from there. Its a nice a area.

Quote Originally Posted by Joco71 View Post
    Rhoag was it Cruisin Chubby's across the street? If so I camped about mile from there. Its a nice a area.

hahahaha Cruisin Chubby's!
    Joco71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    Had a fun weekend saw some fun stuff . Now is the time for me to dig deep and change things up. Time to drop some body fat and not loose muscle.
    glad you have some fun, post up some pics

Yes the same person owns Edge O Dells and Chubby's. We had a good partying group! 120" screen, 2 Yamaha 15 PA speakers, mixer, sub woofer, 1000 or so videos on my laptop, bar, beer pong table, flip cup table, corn hole, wheel of fun (naked fun) etc etc... we probably had 30 people from surrounding sites come party with us.
    Oh and I ran into an Eric Church look a like at the pool! 32oz drinking mug in hand.... water every 3rd crown and diet. I know it is not in the nutrition plan, but a guy has to have a life!

Yes the same person owns Edge O Dells and Chubby's. We had a good partying group! 120" screen, 2 Yamaha 15 PA speakers, mixer, sub woofer, 1000 or so videos on my laptop, bar, beer pong table, flip cup table, corn hole, wheel of fun (naked fun) etc etc... we probably had 30 people from surrounding sites come party with us.
    Oh and I ran into an Eric Church look a like at the pool! 32oz drinking mug in hand.... water every 3rd crown and diet. I know it is not in the nutrition plan, but a guy has to have a life!
    Looks like a blast!

And the naked fun, haha!

Looks like the kind of partying I like! send me the invite next time

Next year we are shifting one weekend. So it will be August 4-7. Ya I made a wheel from melamine so it is blank. When a person spins the wheel if they land on a blank spot they can write whatever they want on that spot. It's only as fun as the people that play, also some guests don't participate when it says all ladies show b bs or all guys show (you know what). I always play policeman and make sure no vid or pics are taken.

Next year we are shifting one weekend. So it will be August 4-7. Ya I made a wheel from melamine so it is blank. When a person spins the wheel if they land on a blank spot they can write whatever they want on that spot. It's only as fun as the people that play, also some guests don't participate when it says all ladies show b bs or all guys show (you know what). I always play policeman and make sure no vid or pics are taken.
    That sounds like a ton of fun. Looks like you took full advantage!! Ha HA

Back on track. No camping adventures planned this month so I can focus. Diet is spot on right now with no distractions. Increased intake in the morning (protein pancakes), frequent smaller meals, lots of chicken, turkey, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese etc... I do need to get more green veggies in though.
    Hit the gym hard everyday this week so far. Decided to keep my workouts pretty much the same (one muscle group per session) just reduce the weight a bit and only do 3 sets of each exercise vise 4. This saves time for 35 minutes of cardio after lifting. Still have not found the motivation to get my a$$ to the gym at 5AM for fasted HIIT. Maybe next week.
    During my bulk cycle I dropped from 218 to 203 then went back to 208 while loosing 2" off my love handles and adding over an inch to my arms. My goal now is to get shredded then bulk again in the fall.

Arete is offline Junior Member
    Great job Rhoag. Nice to be back in an atmosphere where you. Can have the consistency. Keep it up.

Sounds like a good plan. I think if your diet holds you will get as lean as you want. Life gets in the way more often then not.

Did good this weekend food intake was good and limited my drinking. Lots of alternative cardio and great chest workout Saturday morning. I love the pumps i have been getting lately. Cardio on the elliptical is planned for after work!

I managed to get my lazy A$$ out of bed at 4:20AM yesterday to make the gym by 5 for some HIIT... then gave a pint of blood in the afternoon.
    I am really starting to get hooked on Turkey burger mixed with brown rice that has been cooked with some chicken base. Fast easy and great for about an hour before my workout.

I managed to get my lazy A$$ out of bed at 4:20AM yesterday to make the gym by 5 for some HIIT... then gave a pint of blood in the afternoon.
    I am really starting to get hooked on Turkey burger mixed with brown rice that has been cooked with some chicken base. Fast easy and great for about an hour before my workout.
    like to hear that!

yeah i like that lil combo also, similar to dirty rice!

Well, it's been 8 days since I updated. I wouldn't say its been a bad 8 days but not great. I had to go out of town to my Dads Fri, Sat and Sun last weekend. He is getting old (84) and I had to do some work on his house for him and his safety. Ate ok and worked very hard for 2 days. Back home Sunday night and didn't have time to plan meals. So had tuna for lunch Mon. Made a bunch of chicken breasts and brown rice Monday night so that has been my lunch for the last 2 days. Workouts are still going great, I never seem to miss those. One of the ladies at the gym asked me again to consider competing in amateur (natural body building, fit body) with her and another lady. They are both over 50 and look great. They both feel I could do well in my age group. Here is a pic of the girls and the guy that won the over 50 age group last time. I don't know if I have the lifestyle to get this lean? Can you believe that both those ladies are over 50!

man those women look hot for 50, i'd jump on dem!

is it a big commitment but i think if you have the time and discipline, then go for it!

40 minutes HIIT fasted this morning at 5AM uuugggg! Have my protein pancakes ready for when I get hungry, will wait for a bit yet to eat. I also have 12oz ground extra lean turkey all fried up mixed with brown rice for lunch, small curd cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, 2 hard boiled eggs, and a protein bar for consumption today while at work. Today should be a good day if I can control myself tonight!

Mitch535 is offline Junior Member
    Have been following your post, keeps me motivated. I have a few things I want to get worked out, but I think I'll start a weekly accountability log soon as well. I think it would help keep me in check if I have to get on here and report in to you folks at least once a week.

Get one started Mitch. If you are new to this, post your stats and as much detail about what you plan to do to get to a specific achievable goal. There are a lot of smart folks on here willing to help out.
    RaginCajun likes this.

I'm behind in my weekly updates. Not much change which is probably good. Had a rough end of the week and weekend last week. Out to late partying and drinking. I am still 100% solid on my normal typical day of work, workout, work around the house, then go to bed. I managed to cook up a bunch of chicken breasts and brown rice Sunday for my lunch this week. Had salmon and asparagus Monday night, last night chicken again. weight is down to 203 on average from the 208 post cycle. Camping over the weekend but will try my best to eat ok. I think if I can just maintain for the next month then things will slow down and I can focus.

You can still eat decent when camping, and enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to prepare enough calories that you can prepare in the woods. I love camping, and usually make a big stock pot of something that I can freeze prior to my trip and just heat up on camp stove or over the fire. Beef Stew is probably my favorite. Nothing like a warm bowl of Beef Stew in the middle of the woods on a chilly night around a campfire.

Also, I like to scramble up a big batch of eggs and cook them up. When they are done, put them on a food dehydrator until they are completely dehydrated. Then put them in the blender and turn them into powder. When you are ready for breakfast, just take a few tablespoons of the powder and add an equal amount of water and heat. Much better than the store bought eggs because they aren't loaded down with sodium.
    Last edited by Mitch535; 09-02-2015 at 12:29 PM.

We are going with a large group and have a fish fry for Friday night and fajitas planned for Saturday. It's the crown royal that gets me in trouble!!!
    RaginCajun likes this.

We are going with a large group and have a fish fry for Friday night and fajitas planned for Saturday. It's the crown royal that gets me in trouble!!!
    sounds like a great way to kick off football season!

Rhoag, any chance you'd be willing to email me your spreadsheet? If not that's cool, I'd like to build one for myself but you seem like you have a great working spreadsheet already.
    When i start my weekly accountability log, I want to post a spreadsheet weekly with my diet log and a spreadsheet of my workouts for the week for review.

mitch PM me your e-mail address. Do you know your TDEE? What is your goal cut build etc... Ok last weekend I drank way to much but did workout hard both Sat and Sun and diet was good Fri and Sat. Here is a pic from yesterday... I still need to drop some bodyfat before mid October.

I actually ended up building a spreadsheet for myself. I used two different formulas to calculate my TDEE and averaged them to get the best approximation to TDEE I could, since I don't have a body bug or any electronic device to determine TDEE.
    At 170 lbs, I'm showing a TDEE of 2676 calories. I'm going with a 500 calorie surplus. I gave myself 75g of fat per day as a baseline and calculated 1.75g protein times my lean body mass to determine I need 253g protein per day. I just divided the remainder of calories I had available for the day by 4 to determine my carb needs, that being 372g per day. I used those macros to build myself a diet, and I've been tweaking things almost every day till I get everything working just right.

Sorry I didn't check in and see your post. I could still send you mine since it charts everything in a bar graph as you fill in the macro's. It gives you an idea where you are through the day so you know what you have left to consume that evening. Sounds like you have a good plan. Why 1.75 g protein per lean muscle? The hardest part is finding foods that let you hit your macro's daily, taste good and are convenient.

Sorry I didn't check in and see your post. I could still send you mine since it charts everything in a bar graph as you fill in the macro's. It gives you an idea where you are through the day so you know what you have left to consume that evening. Sounds like you have a good plan. Why 1.75 g protein per lean muscle? The hardest part is finding foods that let you hit your macro's daily, taste good and are convenient.
    I've just read a blue million articles on the subject and the common consensus seems to be between 1.5 and 2g per pound of lean body weight, so I just thought I'd split the difference. I am definitely open to suggestion, that's why I posted up. Since I've got the diet semi-chiseled in stone, I'll be starting my accountability log as well. I'll shoot you a PM in a sec with my email. Thank you.

I'm no expert, but I have read 1 to 1.5. It probably makes no difference but, to much protein especially if it's shakes and bars vise food, isn't that great. Hard on the kidneys from what I understand.

Last week was no good. Spent the week at a Woodstock theme camping adventure...free beer, pig roast, bloody mary bar, bands etc etc had a lot of fun....time to go hard core and dry out.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information