Ignatius J. Reilly is offline New Member

Foods You Didn't Realize Were Ok

I'll start and see how far this thing goes. While weight training or even cutting, it's OK to have peanuts and Beef Jerky as both are decent sources of protein. A fat free beef jerky packs a surprising amount of protein.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Foods You Didn't Realize Were Ok

Originally posted by Ignatius J. Reilly
    A fat free beef jerky packs a surprising amount of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>.
    Yes it does along with alot of sodium. I would say its OK if your on the run but there are plenty of other better protein sources available.

And natty pb is the way to go as long as you don't go overboard. I have a hard time just have a spoonful at a time...but thats just me.

~US~

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well for first off, PB or peanuts are not a good source of because they are incomplete proteins

I personally can't stand beef jerky, but i don't think it would be a bad snack to have every now and then in the offseason, i would just keep it out of my breakfast and postworkout meals.

There have been similar threads to this before, so if you need some ideas, just keep sifting through the threads, but i think everyone's diet here is gonna be fairly cut and dry. Hell if you need ideas, just check the recipes forum.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I love natural peanut butter and Jelly on whole wheat bread. Anyone know a brand of sugar free jelly that is sold at a major grocery store?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by saboudian
    Well for first off, PB or peanuts are not a good source of because they are incomplete <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>s
    True, but not only is natty pb loaded with good fats and a modest amout of carbs its fullfills my raging apetite (Eq hunger pains), making it a good snack for cutting or bulking. So the "incomplete protein" only serves as an added benefit.

~US~

Originally posted by usualsuspect

True, but not only is natty pb loaded with good fats and a modest amout of carbs its fullfills my raging apetite (Eq hunger pains), making it a good snack for cutting or bulking. So the "incomplete protein" only serves as an added benefit.

~US~
    true dat, true dat

BIG R is offline Member
    If I even LOOK AT beef jerky I hold water! And as for the Peanuts I like them but I have a tendancy to go overboard with them.

The Jerky is a decent option for long car drives though.

R

Ignatius J. Reilly is offline New Member

OK

How about baked beans? Good source of protein and the only really bad thing is the carbs., which most people need to burn fat anyway.

Re: OK

Originally posted by Ignatius J. Reilly
    How about baked beans? Good source of protein and the only really bad thing is the carbs., which most people need to burn fat anyway.
    Well you can scratch that, beans are an incomplete protein. i.e most plants are incomplete proteins

Thread Information