Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Fruit or grains?

uhit is offline Member

Fruit or grains?

Does having all carbs from fruits affect body composition/energy levels? I prefer fruit as my main source of carbs to things like rice and sweet potatoes and am wondering if its a viable option to eat around 150g from fruit alone.

EndlessApex is offline New Member
    I did it for almost a year when I first started training. Dropping all the wheat carbs I was eating made me feel great, I leaned out while gaining a lot of strength. I was in the newbie phase though, I kinda hit a point where I couldn't keep upping the weight and intensity.

I've been adding rice & sweet potato carbs the last six weeks, dropping my fat intake to compensate. Starting to feel like it's what I needed to keep progressing.

If you're still newbie, even intermediate I'd say go for it, and see how you feel. I enjoyed it while it was working for me.

LEO78 is offline Associate Member
    It's special for everyone. I prefer rice, wheat, oats, green apples & pomelos. Keep track of your carbs.

papersteroidguy is offline New Member
    it's a really good source of curbs.

Trevis is offline Associate Member
    I always take away all fruits when cutting, and eat away when bulking.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    The fruits will spike your energy were the complex carbs will give you longer sustained energy. I have fruit in the morning with breakfast alongside another complex carb to break the fast. Then I have complex carbs for the rest of the day with my meals
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ very similar if not the same... I eat my fruits in an as soon as I wake up(for a fast energy source like Bio stated) and also some complex carbs... Then I hit the gym early am... Maybe another piece of fruit after but usually just complex carbs the rest of day as well!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    ^^^ very similar if not the same... I eat my fruits in an as soon as I wake up(for a fast energy source like Bio stated) and also some complex carbs... Then I hit the gym early am... Maybe another piece of fruit after but usually just complex carbs the rest of day as well!
    oh fruit right after you train is nice as well. Those are the only times in the day I have fruit

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    oh fruit right after you train is nice as well. Those are the only times in the day I have fruit
    Exactly! Works best re fueling energy sources rapidly(ie; in early am and after w/o's...

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    The fruits will spike your energy were the complex carbs will give you longer sustained energy. I have fruit in the morning with breakfast alongside another complex carb to break the fast. Then I have complex carbs for the rest of the day with my meals
    That's exactly what l do, usually in the way of berries and a banana on my oats in the morning. PWO, l have an apple with my shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_1978
    That's exactly what l do, usually in the way of berries and a banana on my oats in the morning. PWO, l have an apple with my shake.
    and they taste amazing!,,,

Thread Information