uhit is offline Member

Headache from refeed day?

Been dieting @ about 2,000 calories with about 50g carbs, 250g protein, 85g of fats.

Had a refeed today and I've been suffering from this pounding headache. For my refeed I dropped fats to 30g and increased carbs to about 250g.

I've read that its due to the sudden increase in blood sugar. Can someone confirm this for me if they have experienced similar headaches on low carb diets and when they carb up it happens,

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Is it a one time thing or every time you refeed? If it's only happened this once I really wouldn't worry about it.

JohnnyKirk is offline Junior Member
    I often have the same at cheat meal days. Nothing to worry about.

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Is it a one time thing or every time you refeed? If it's only happened this once I really wouldn't worry about it.
    It happens every refeed. I refeed once every 2 weeks.

It is a slight cause of concern.

ZeroSumGainz is offline New Member
    Never had this for low carb or a refeed. Any other symptoms with it? Lightheaded or fatigue?

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSumGainz View Post
    Never had this for low carb or a refeed. Any other symptoms with it? Lightheaded or fatigue?
    Nothing like that. Just this pounding headache. About as bad as a migraine. It does go away after a couple hours though

ZeroSumGainz is offline New Member
    You might already do this but preferring vegetables and startches (potato, rice, bread) over simple carbs for the reload could help keep insulin spikes down.

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSumGainz View Post
    You might already do this but preferring vegetables and startches (potato, rice, bread) over simple carbs for the reload could help keep insulin spikes down.
    I'll give it a shot next time then. Thanks

BigMan65 is offline Associate Member
    I am doing carb cycling almost to the letter for two weeks and this morning I trade my "high carb day" for pizza as a reward t myself, you might call it.

Anyway, about an hour after i ate it I got incredibly sleepy, laid down for about 3 hours, and in that time realized that my body felt/feels warmer than i can ever remember it feeling. Though i dont feel any other symtoms of fever, etc.

Is this related to the OP? is that high card day considered the "refeed day"?

weird

Thread Information