JohnnyJim is offline Banned

How do you calculate how much you need to eat?

There is Google. Yes, I am aware of that. But I prefer to take the shortcut and listen to big, strong guys, such as you, who not only have looked things up, but came up with their own intelligent conclusions about the whole thing.

So guys, how does one calculate how much one needs to eat?

Thanks in advance.

First I would suggest giving stats and whether you want to cut, bulk or maintain.

JohnnyJim is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThe4th View Post
    First I would suggest giving stats and whether you want to cut, bulk or maintain.
    All of the above.

I was not looking for a specific advice right now. I wanted a crash course with bodybuilding nutrition.

Well not knowing your stats gives no room for advice. My recommendation is to check out iifym.com. Go to daily tdee calculator. This is your total daily expenditure or in other words an estimate of how many calories you burn in a day. They also have a macro (macronutrient) calculator to tell you how many calories you want in order to bulk, maintain or cut. 1g carb=4 calories, 1g protein=4 calories, 1g fat=9 calories. You can adjust your carb/fat/protein to your liking as long as it equals you daily calorie needs. 50g of fat a day is your minimum and for protein most guys do 1.5g x their body weight. Fill the rest with carbs. For me I only use 1x my body weight for protein. I'm 212 lb so I eat around 215g of protein a day. Some argue that's too low but that's just me. Good foods are chicken,fish,sweet potato,rice,broccoli,asparagus,fruit, peanut butter, whey protein, oats,eggs. Essentially all whole foods are what you should be eating. No processed bs. I only eat all natural organic meats, veggies and fruit. Costs more but I like the idea of eating healthy as possible. This is the best I can do to sum up a basic nutritional plan.

Thread Information