Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By novastepp

Thread: Losing weight too fast

applips is offline Junior Member

Losing weight too fast

Hi all,

I want to know your opinion about this. Last 5 days I lost about 4 KGs as I was sick and couldn't really eat much but still I was consuming about 1700 calories with zero training.

My BMR is 1650 calories (calculated on the basis of lean weight)

Should I be worried about losing weight that fast?

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Trapology is offline Associate Member
    Eat more?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by applips View Post
    Hi all,

I want to know your opinion about this. Last 5 days I lost about 4 KGs as I was sick and couldn't really eat much but still I was consuming about 1700 calories with zero training.

My BMR is 1650 calories (calculated on the basis of lean weight)

Should I be worried about losing weight that fast?

What do you guys think?

Cheers
    What type of sickness? Respiratory or intestinal? If intestinal and you were dumping your guts or vomiting a good bit, then I could see that kind of weight loss.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapology View Post
    Eat more?
    Zero hunger bro, today i forced myself to eat 170grms chicken on lunch with 1 cup rice, pushed it down with water and took 30 minutes to finish my meal. It might be due to the antibiotics i am using.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    What type of sickness? Respiratory or intestinal? If intestinal and you were dumping your guts or vomiting a good bit, then I could see that kind of weight loss.
    Throat infection, it was all red and i couldn't swallow anything even water without an intense pain. Doctor said its not tonsils, just an infection and gave me antibiotics called Clicaine VK (500MG) 3x a day. Now my throat seems fine, no pain but i get light fever when i do hard work such as gym so i stopped it for few days now.
    Last edited by applips; 01-06-2016 at 04:35 AM.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Given your illness it makes sense. Stay hydrated and try to get some food in liquid form.

When guys get sick, the weight comes off. Don't be discouraged, it can easily be replaced when you're healthy are resume normal eating.
    applips and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Given your illness it makes sense. Stay hydrated and try to get some food in liquid form.

When guys get sick, the weight comes off. Don't be discouraged, it can easily be replaced when you're healthy are resume normal eating.
    Thank you

mark woods is offline Associate Member
    Yes I had a similar issue couple of years ago...drinking water was painful and eating 2 bowls of oats a day was a killer but it only lasted 3/4 days but I lost alot of weigh pretty quickly but gained it back just as quickly...keep drinking your fluids it'll pass!

Quote Originally Posted by mark woods View Post
    Yes I had a similar issue couple of years ago...drinking water was painful and eating 2 bowls of oats a day was a killer but it only lasted 3/4 days but I lost alot of weigh pretty quickly but gained it back just as quickly...keep drinking your fluids it'll pass!
    Thanks mark, i am feeling better now. Although i didn't put on the lost weight at least it is stable now.

thelifesquare is offline New Member
    NO, You not loosing more weight, If you worried about it then eat more

akipharma is offline New Member
    Intake of liquid more and less of food will help you to lose weight.

Thread Information