Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mp859

Thread: Meal Timing (Fats for breakfast or no)

Swolberham_Lincoln is offline Junior Member

Arrow Meal Timing (Fats for breakfast or no)

After 8 hours sleep your body needs nutrients. I'M caught between two different philosphies.

The first- No fats for Breakfast.
    Thinking: Fats slow absorption rate of meal. After a long night sleep you want to feed your muscles as quickly as possible to prevent catabolism (muscle breakdown)

The second- Fats for breakfast
    Thinking: Fats are very important for testosterone and growth Hormone levels in the body. To keep these levels as elevated as possible, fats for breakfast will support testosterone and growth hormone levels.

Your ideas are most welcomed

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Protein and fats, will keep a body in fat burning zone do not introduce carbs till second meal. If you must workout after first meal, eat coconut oil with breakfast for fast MCT fats.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Hey mike, so no carbs in morning as first meal? I was alwats told carbs should be eaten early in the day. Not refuting what yiu said, i just dont know lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swolberham_Lincoln View Post
    After 8 hours sleep your body needs nutrients. I'M caught between two different philosphies.

The first- No fats for Breakfast.
    Thinking: Fats slow absorption rate of meal. After a long night sleep you want to feed your muscles as quickly as possible to prevent catabolism (muscle breakdown)

The second- Fats for breakfast
    Thinking: Fats are very important for testosterone and growth Hormone levels in the body. To keep these levels as elevated as possible, fats for breakfast will support testosterone and growth hormone levels.

Your ideas are most welcomed
    Nutrient timing has already been largely disproven.

The body is constantly undergoing both catabolism and anabolism at the same time. Just because you slept for 8+ hours doesn't mean anything.

Eat a well balanced meal and track your overall macros.

You can maximize MPS by consuming ~40g protein every ~4-5hrs. The peri-workout window is more important than meal timing, and as far as stimulating MPS the amino acid Luecine is the most important.

Food absorption rates are largely irrelevant as long as you keep in mind the peri workout window. And its not like you are going to eat breakfast and begin working out immediately right? Just have a balanced breakfast, give yourself time to digest 30min-2hrs then hit the gym.

-Cheers

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Google the carbs for breakfast and you will see a lot of much smarter people then me talk about it. Ben Pakulski is a great proponent of no carbs for breakfast and he is one of the most scientifically focused and driven bodybuilders out there...I have been going at it this way for a while and it is allowing me to stay leaner while still gaining muscle tissue. If you need to work out soon after the breakfast included coconut oil as it is rich in MCT fats which are utilize much the same way as carbs for fast energy source.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The people that talk shit about nutrient timing, more often than not; are the same people that follow iifym. :|

Carbs are a nonessential nutrient. Unless you are on a bulk, you probably really only need them around your workouts. IMO of course.
    Last edited by Mp859; 02-08-2016 at 01:12 AM.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

gettinbig30 is offline Junior Member
    So the urban myth of oats for breakfast is BS?

bigjohnny1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    Protein and fats, will keep a body in fat burning zone do not introduce carbs till second meal. If you must workout after first meal, eat coconut oil with breakfast for fast MCT fats.
    Great reply he sums it up pretty much!

Thread Information