saboudian is offline Senior Member

Your Cutting Diet of Choice

I want to hear what everyone's cutting diet of choice is. Whether its CKD, TKD, just cycling carbs, pure atkins, just gradually reducing calories, or whatever the heck it is i want to hear it and throw in some details so we know what you're doing.

I'll start. So far the diet i've had the most luck with is a CKD diet with a carb up once every 4 days. On my low carb days i consume 15g of carbs or less (not counting carbs from veggies like broccoli). On my high carb days i lower my protein intake to 1g/lb and basically get in as many carbs as possible, usually complex carbs and i will cheat a lil here also sometimes.

I basically started this thread because i'm an endomorph and probably next summer i'm gonna try a bunch more diets and try to figure out the one that works best for ME. I think it'll be a good idea too for everyone to see what kinda works and what kinda doesn't work so ppl don't waste too much time on stupid diets or keep asking what diets are best.

Alright now i want everyone to start postin em up

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well I've sort of used the advice from SwoleCat and Painintheazz (wonder where he is) anyways I'll slowly reduce cals, ut at the same time reduce my carbs down to about 75-100 grams a day, with a load up day every 4-5 days. Also at this time I'll raise protein and keeo the fats around 70g a day or as needed. It worked wonders in preserving muscle while melting off the fat rather quickly. Actually I averaged 1-3 lbs per week of fat loss while doing this and as soon as this cycle is over hitting it up once again to see if I can hit 10-11% bf. Oh my cals usually get as low as 2300-2700 per day while dieting.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    I like to carb cycle, where on monday ill limit myself to about 50g (all veggies) then tues and wed-75g then thursday and friday 100g and saturday back to 50g and sunday is cheat day. I also like to keep cals at or a little below 2,000. I also use alot of protien shakes (6-8 per day), and make some meals all veggies with a shake. I also stay away from all breads, rice is where ill get starchy carbs, and maybe a potato.
    Also i dont log or count veggies for carbs or cals, so i really probly get 2300 cals a day with extra carbs.

And a thermogenic is a must have to curb hunger and keep energy levels high for workouts.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    This is off cycle

Carb Cycling

300g-Pro
    150g-Carbs
    75g-Fat
    2475 Calories
    Maintenance=2600-2700

I use this for 3 days, then drop carbs to 100 for day, then to 50 for a day. Compensating with fats of roughly equal calorie value. On the sixth day, I increase carbs by 50, and then by 50 again on the seventh day. Repeat.

Minimal 25g of fiber a day with some in each meal(7)

All carbs come from Beans and oatmeal. Absolutley no starches or simple sugars(besides P.W. in which I only use 30g of malto)

Cardio-1.5 miles in the morning and 1.5 miles P.W. at a Jog/Walk combo

ECA on a 5/2 day split

Training 6 days a week, Cardio 6 days a week.
    Last edited by Pheedno; 06-26-2003 at 12:53 PM.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    C'mon i know more than 3 guys have dieted before around here. I know not everyone bulks forever, even if they wish they could.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

SwoleGenix.

~SC~

Gymgirl is offline Female Member
    I don't do well with carbs... I've tried a few different types of diets and the most effective, by far, is CKD. I'm on it right now, have been for 4 months, and I absolutely LOVE it. No problem at all to stick to the diet plan and I don't crave sugar as much as during for example a 40/40/20 diet. I can eat more calories and do less cardio and still get better results than on any other diet I have tried.

durbin22 is offline Member
    SwoleGenix for me.

Thread Information