Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By InternalFire
  • 1 Post By MR-FQ320

Thread: Dave Palumbo Diet, Macros don't add up!!! Please help

calichico87 is offline New Member

Dave Palumbo Diet, Macros don't add up!!! Please help

SO I've been wanting to try Dave Palumbo's diet for fat loss and he has a list of each meal he recommends. I've calculated all of the macros for each meal and they are posted on the attached photo. His recommended meals and his macro breakdown (60% protein 30% fats 10% carbs) don't add up at all! Any suggestions guys???Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diet.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	165319

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Not sure I understand, do you mean the percentage show in your excel sheet is not according to what he specified?

calichico87 is offline New Member
    Right. He recommends 60 30 10, and the meals listed are his recommend meals. But at 60% protein, no way you can consume less than 1.5g per lb

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    IMHO percentages is a waste of time as it can vary so much. Just eat enough protein, 1g/lb of LEAN MASS, around 70 - 80 grams of fat and rest carbs. Personally, after years of doing calculations, I just started working like a maniac in the gym and do not think twice about what I am eating except for getting enough protein and that has worked better for me than anything else I ever tried.
    InternalFire likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Wouldnt follow anything from Dave Palumbo, no way risking getting palumbolism lololol
    InternalFire likes this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Wouldnt follow anything from Dave Palumbo, no way risking getting palumbolism lololol
    was just gonna say something like this!

Also, just like tarmyg have said, train with intensity, dont skip on cardio sessions and ensure you get enough protein, sufficient amount of healthy fats and the rest leave for quality carbs, that is if you dont overindulge in them and they dont make you feel bad, you should soon find what really works best for you. diet is not something that "one-size-fits-all" , its trial and error
    Mr.BB likes this.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    id have my macros set at 70f 25p 5c and starting calories at 18 x bodyweight pounds

101 ways to skin a cat, thats just my thinking right now

Good luck
    InternalFire likes this.

Reliable_Individual is offline Junior Member
    I don't know your age and stats but those ratios sound awful to me. Apart from the fact that if you are natty that is overkill on the protein, I would swap the ratios of carbs and fats. Seems unsustainable and performance -damaging imo, although my words are based on my own experience, and perhaps you may feel differently than me on such macros.

Thread Information