343 cals in this meal

9am snack
    32g peanut butter, 2 rice cakes
    Fat - 16g
    Carbs- 21g
    Prot.- 8g
    258 cals in this snack

Then this 3x a day
    100g brn rice, 40g black beans, 6oz chicken breast , plus some spinach or broccoli
    (Not counting cals or macro from the veggie)
    Fat- 4g
    Carbs- 36g
    Prot. - 47.5g
    366 cals in these meals

Then a post workout shake with
    Fat- 2g
    Carbs- 6g
    Prot.- 46g

Total for day is
    1963 kcalories
    Fat- 37g
    Carbs- 172g
    Prot.- 236g

Input would be great

Trying to cut while build muscle on cycle

I'm 150lbs
    5'6"
    Bf at 15 to 20%
    gymffiti likes this.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hard to give an opinion without knowing your goals. You're eating real food so thats definitely a good thing.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    Hard to give an opinion without knowing your goals. You're eating real food so thats definitely a good thing.
    Goal is to gain 10lbs above my lean body mass of 135

If like to be 155 at 10% or heavier

Think Greg Valentin before juice.

Hows this look? Macros n calories-211greg-young.jpg

Hows this look? Macros n calories-totw_40_kill_abig.jpg

My goal
    I know it's not going to happen from one cycle but I'd like to be as close to that as I could get during my first cycle

Current body

Hows this look? Macros n calories-forumrunner_20161021_124000.jpg

Hows this look? Macros n calories-forumrunner_20161021_124010.jpg

Hows this look? Macros n calories-forumrunner_20161021_124024.jpg

I'm anywhere from 135 to 140 in pics

I definitely want a good 10lbs added to me.

gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    So here's my diet
    Want opinions, so here it goes

Morning 7am
    270g eggwhite, 1 egg, 40g oats
    Fat-7.5g
    Carbs- 28g
    Prot. - 41g
    343 cals in this meal

9am snack
    32g peanut butter, 2 rice cakes
    Fat - 16g
    Carbs- 21g
    Prot.- 8g
    258 cals in this snack

Then this 3x a day
    100g brn rice, 40g black beans, 6oz chicken breast , plus some spinach or broccoli
    (Not counting cals or macro from the veggie)
    Fat- 4g
    Carbs- 36g
    Prot. - 47.5g
    366 cals in these meals

Then a post workout shake with
    Fat- 2g
    Carbs- 6g
    Prot.- 46g

Total for day is
    1963 kcalories
    Fat- 37g
    Carbs- 172g
    Prot.- 236g

Input would be great

Trying to cut while build muscle on cycle

I'm 150lbs
    5'6"
    Bf at 15 to 20%
    This is very close to my macros for cutting, so if you don't mind, I may have to borrow heavily from your diet

Personally I'd cut a few carbs and move them towards fat ... I get moody if I don't get a minimum of 50g fat (I aim for 50g - 65g range)

Quote Originally Posted by gymffiti View Post

This is very close to my macros for cutting, so if you don't mind, I may have to borrow heavily from your diet

Personally I'd cut a few carbs and move them towards fat ... I get moody if I don't get a minimum of 50g fat (I aim for 50g - 65g range)
    Borrow as you like, I have 4 years worth of meal logs that fit into the 2000 or less cal range.

So your saying to keep calories the same and cut enough carbs so I can add 15 or so grams of fat and stay within 1970cal range?

So by my math, if drop 34g carbs out (136 cals) and replace with 15g fat (135cals)

So I'm gonna drop my rice cakes out (16g carbs) and cut my oatmeal for breakfast in half (14g carbs) ill add a serving of dry peanut butter mixed with a tablespoon of coconut oil.

Or would it be better to keep those A.M. carbs in, and cut a serving of rice n beans from my 2nd meal of beans, rice, n chicken?

Also would it be more beneficial to adjust it so carbs are in post workout shake?

And is it terrible to eat a 30g fat serving at once?

I was thinking of adding the dry peanut butter and coco oil to my regular peanut butter morning snack, but that's gonna be 30g in one shot.
    Last edited by Couchlock; 10-21-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Borrow as you like, I have 4 years worth of meal logs that fit into the 2000 or less cal range.

So your saying to keep calories the same and cut enough carbs so I can add 15 or so grams of fat and stay within 1970cal range?

So by my math, if drop 34g carbs out (136 cals) and replace with 15g fat (135cals)

So I'm gonna drop my rice cakes out (16g carbs) and cut my oatmeal for breakfast in half (14g carbs) ill add a serving of dry peanut butter mixed with a tablespoon of coconut oil.

Or would it be better to keep those A.M. carbs in, and cut a serving of rice n beans from my 2nd meal of beans, rice, n chicken?

Also would it be more beneficial to adjust it so carbs are in post workout shake?

And is it terrible to eat a 30g fat serving at once?

I was thinking of adding the dry peanut butter and coco oil to my regular peanut butter morning snack, but that's gonna be 30g in one shot.
    I know most people have their carbs around workout times, for energy. For me though, they tend to make feel sluggish, bloated etc.
    It all depends on how you feel imo. I mean, if it's working for you, then stick with it

The reason I mentioned the 50g fat minimum, is ...

I spent over a year intermittent fasting, on a low fat diet.
    I worked in terms of weight loss, but hormonally I suffered and was put on a double dose of Citalopram (celexa)

I read an article somewhere, about minimum fat requirements for body & brain function.

So I tried the suggested 50g - 65g fat range and also started eating every 3 to 4 hours ... I've been able to half my
    Citalopram dose, while feeling less moody

Btw, oatmeal with a spoon of peanut butter, is my favourite meal. So I'd fight tooth & nail to keep it in my diet lol

Quote Originally Posted by gymffiti View Post

I know most people have their carbs around workout times, for energy. For me though, they tend to make feel sluggish, bloated etc.
    It all depends on how you feel imo. I mean, if it's working for you, then stick with it

The reason I mentioned the 50g fat minimum, is ...

I spent over a year intermittent fasting, on a low fat diet.
    I worked in terms of weight loss, but hormonally I suffered and was put on a double dose of Citalopram (celexa)

I read an article somewhere, about minimum fat requirements for body & brain function.

So I tried the suggested 50g - 65g fat range and also started eating every 3 to 4 hours ... I've been able to half my
    Citalopram dose, while feeling less moody

Btw, oatmeal with a spoon of peanut butter, is my favourite meal. So I'd fight tooth & nail to keep it in my diet lol
    Ya know, for a year i was on a low fat diet, like literally 7 to 15g a day only. With 135g protein. And 135g carbs.

While I did loose a ton of weight, and cut up real nice, my mind was nuts, i was crazy, and I can't help but feel what I did gym wise, could have doubled or tripled results.

Went from 255lbs to 130lbs in a years time.

Serious 2x a day gym sessions, and 15 to 20 mile bike rides daily, 500 sit ups before and after every workout.

I feel if i had my protein at around 185g, and carbs to match, with 30g fat at least, is be way bigger muscle wise, than I am.

I'm gonna cut my rice cakes out, replace with additional peanut butter, and cut carbs out of my midday meal (workout days) or last meal (non workout days)

Is be glad to share anything i know with you. Feel free to ask
    gymffiti likes this.

Sehdee is offline Junior Member
    tbh id lower the protein and add a little to carbs and more fats . Lots of studies show people need on average around .7-.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight to gain muscle , if you went on cycle id do 1 gram per pound of body weight . A lot of supplement companies push the idea that people need more protein . But if it works for You then by all means keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Sehdee View Post
    tbh id lower the protein and add a little to carbs and more fats . Lots of studies show people need on average around .7-.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight to gain muscle , if you went on cycle id do 1 gram per pound of body weight . A lot of supplement companies push the idea that people need more protein . But if it works for You then by all means keep up the good work
    Yes in 7 weeks into a test cyp. Cycle 600mg per week

Sehdee is offline Junior Member
    yeah id still lower the protein to 1 gram per pound of bodyweight , raise the fats a little bit higher and adjust carbs according to how you feel . Regardless you'll figure out what to do with trying new adjustments

I agree with raising your healthy fats and decreasing your carbs. Should help you lean out. 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight is the bare minimum you should take in. I think you will do good with the diet posted above. Good luck!
    gymffiti likes this.

I agree with raising your healthy fats and decreasing your carbs. Should help you lean out. 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight is the bare minimum you should take in. I think you will do good with the diet posted above. Good luck!
    I'm doing so

I'm gonna cut a mid day meal carbs out
    Keep my oatmeal egg, eggwites breakfast,

Morning snack, no rice cakes, double up on peanut butter

Ya know, for a year i was on a low fat diet, like literally 7 to 15g a day only. With 135g protein. And 135g carbs.

While I did loose a ton of weight, and cut up real nice, my mind was nuts, i was crazy, and I can't help but feel what I did gym wise, could have doubled or tripled results.

Serious 2x a day gym sessions, and 15 to 20 mile bike rides daily, 500 sit ups before and after every workout.

I feel if i had my protein at around 185g, and carbs to match, with 30g fat at least, is be way bigger muscle wise, than I am.

I'm gonna cut my rice cakes out, replace with additional peanut butter, and cut carbs out of my midday meal (workout days) or last meal (non workout days)

I lost 100lbs in a year, doing something similar.

I did 16 to 20 hour fasts too ... My metabolism is still trying to recover

You should do well on your current diet though. I'll keep an eye out for updates

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member

I never considered lowering fat like you did to cut do you think it works alot better than cutting carbs ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyounger100 View Post
    I never considered lowering fat like you did to cut do you think it works alot better than cutting carbs ?
    For the first 4-5 years of training I used to cut my fat intake while trying to get lean. I would be strong and lean but I would not put on really any muscle. On top of that I felt really injury prone. My knees and elbows would have pains in them from lifting heavy.

Ever since I started to cut on high fat low carb I have noticed a significant drop in strength. I rarely have any knee or elbow pains unless my form is off and I can still manage to pack on some muscle even on a maintenance diet.

For the first 4-5 years of training I used to cut my fat intake while trying to get lean. I would be strong and lean but I would not put on really any muscle. On top of that I felt really injury prone. My knees and elbows would have pains in them from lifting heavy.

Ever since I started to cut on high fat low carb I have noticed a significant drop in strength. I rarely have any knee or elbow pains unless my form is off and I can still manage to pack on some muscle even on a maintenance diet.
    What is your fat and carb intake on high fat low carb diet ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyounger100 View Post

Its hard to say, I know mentally I was a very short fuse on no fat (most of fat was from a few fish oils, and tuna)

The first couple months I went vegetarian.

I didn't know what I know now about fat now, I thought It was the enemy.

Carbs are more an enemy to fat gain than anything.

I know I did not get bulky on that diet, got strong, looked like Bruce Lee.

I feel I could have made major beginner gains if my fat would of been 3x more at least

I did drop 120 lbs very qwik, in a years time.

I remember being on average 1300 cals a day even carbs to protein. 135g each

On "sloppy days" is be at 1500 to 1600, the difference in cals soley made up by protein intake increase.

A few times a month is go careless (under 50g) also did 15mile morning rides fasted.

So I really don't know specifically if It was me diet, or spending all much calories

15miles daily, plus around town trips on bike.

500 to 750 sit ups a day, split before And after morning workouts of 90 minutes, mornings were splits, targeting one muscle group a session

Then night workouts , which were started with 250 hanging knee raises, the session was circuit, 2 chest exercises, two back/lats, 2 shoulders, two bicep, 2 triceps.

Would jump immediately from one exercise to the next in rotation

So, I would put money on exercise more than anything.

I was just out of a ten year relationship, I had tons of free time, on unemployment, so it was a life.

It was funny, a year or so later I saw my ex, she didn't even recognize me. I went up to her, said "looks like you abandoned ship a little early, ey ya cunt"
    Last edited by Couchlock; 10-24-2016 at 02:04 PM.
    gymffiti likes this.

Its hard to say, I know mentally I was a very short fuse on no fat (most of fat was from a few fish oils, and tuna)

The first couple months I went vegetarian.

I didn't know what I know now about fat now, I thought It was the enemy.

Carbs are more an enemy to fat gain than anything.

I know I did not get bulky on that diet, got strong, looked like Bruce Lee.

I feel I could have made major beginner gains if my fat would of been 3x more at least

I did drop 120 lbs very qwik, in a years time.

I remember being on average 1300 cals a day even carbs to protein. 135g each

On "sloppy days" is be at 1500 to 1600, the difference in cals soley made up by protein intake increase.

A few times a month is go careless (under 50g) also did 15mile morning rides fasted.

So I really don't know specifically if It was me diet, or spending all much calories

15miles daily, plus around town trips on bike.

500 to 750 sit ups a day, split before And after morning workouts of 90 minutes, mornings were splits, targeting one muscle group a session

Then night workouts , which were started with 250 hanging knee raises, the session was circuit, 2 chest exercises, two back/lats, 2 shoulders, two bicep, 2 triceps.

Would jump immediately from one exercise to the next in rotation

So, I would put money on exercise more than anything.

I was just out of a ten year relationship, I had tons of free time, on unemployment, so it was a life.

It was funny, a year or so later I saw my ex, she didn't even recognize me. I went up to her, said "looks like you abandoned ship a little early, ey ya cunt"
    lol that last paragraph reminded me of this

Hows this look? Macros n calories-0adc603b851d9937c7e7a62c728949c7.jpg

Interesting thing I noticed.

If I eat more than 175 g carbs in a day, I easily pack on 5lbs of water almost instantly

Then by midday next day I drop it till I eat more

I'm taking into account food in belly weight, and poop.

I think I'm carb sensitive as they call it? At least while on I am

Interesting thing I noticed.

If I eat more than 175 g carbs in a day, I easily pack on 5lbs of water almost instantly

Then by midday next day I drop it till I eat more

I'm taking into account food in belly weight, and poop.

I think I'm carb sensitive as they call it? At least while on I am
    I know what you mean I have dropped 10 pounds in under 2 weeks on no carb diet . I guess some of us hold a ton of water eating carb's .

Thread Information