Thread: low carb diet

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member

low carb diet

So I have started a low carb diet about 50 grams a day or less . I am taking in about 230 protein and about 95 fat . I'm right around 2100 calories or so also a day . Does anyone think my fat intake is a lil too high or should I be good there for fat burning ? I train 5 to 6 days a week 45 minutes cardio min and roughly the same weight training . Also on TRT 100 mg week and just started T3 also at 40 mcg a day .

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    your fat intake isn't too high. Im assuming at 50g a day you are trying to get into a keto state. Have you done this before. If not, just make sure you keep track of what you're eating. I found it very easy to under eat on a keto diet. Protein and fat can be quite filling. What are you eating to get your fats in?

Whole eggs , eggs white's , beef , turkey burgers, chicken , casien shake , bacon , protein pancake's . It's been a week and only have a headache so far but it hasn't been to bad . Yea I have it all written down and what time to eat it etc.
    Last edited by cyounger100; 10-25-2016 at 01:49 PM.

its not a fun diet that's for sure, you just have to keep telling yourself that it works and it gets better (easier) every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    its not a fun diet that's for sure, you just have to keep telling yourself that it works and it gets better (easier) every week.
    yea none of them are fun but it's better than being obese ....

im not sure of your stats but make sure you don't set your protein too high. you don't want to eat so much that you make it a fuel source.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    im not sure of your stats but make sure you don't set your protein too high. you don't want to eat so much that you make it a fuel source.
    I'm currently 6-0 , 235lb and last BF measurment I was 20 percent . I want to get down to 10 percent on this diet . I already am prepared to lose plenty of strength but that doesn't bother me at all just want to meet my goal's . And let me add my estridaol was really high last week after blood work so now doctor has me on Adex so I'm sure I'm carrying quite a bit of water . I just started Adex Monday so water should subside soon enough .

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    If you are simply doing a low-carb diet it is fine. If you want to get to Keto it will not happen with that amount of protein vs. fat intake. Fat will need to be at <80% for keto to happen and you need to keep protein pretty low. Some people can achieve Keto on 50g/day of carbs, some can't as it is very individual so that is something you need to experiment with.

T3 should not be run that low, check Austinite's thread here for the best T3 protocol: http://forums.steroid.com/supplement...how-works.html

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    If you are simply doing a low-carb diet it is fine. If you want to get to Keto it will not happen with that amount of protein vs. fat intake. Fat will need to be at <80% for keto to happen and you need to keep protein pretty low. Some people can achieve Keto on 50g/day of carbs, some can't as it is very individual so that is something you need to experiment with.

T3 should not be run that low, check Austinite's thread here for the best T3 protocol: http://forums.steroid.com/supplement...how-works.html
    Right now I have protein at 1 gram per bodyweight so I need to lower it by 80 percent from that ? Currently I am taking in about 230 protein, 95 fat ( yesterday It was like 115 fat ) 30 carb roughly . The only goal I was trying to reach from this was to get 10 percent BF or lower if possible . So I really didn't have a specfic diet ( keto or low carb) I just wanted to do something that worked so I figured I would try this . But If your saying cut protein by 80 percent and raise fat even higher will help me achieve my goal faster I will def do some adjusting . This is also going to be a long term diet I'm not going to run it for 8 week's etc I will run this long term year plus .And the T3 I've used for many year's on and off and that is just the dose that i have found that work's best for me. I have tried T3 at many different doses and have played around with it trying different thing's but this dose tend's to work for me best .
    Last edited by cyounger100; 10-26-2016 at 09:18 AM.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Let me clarify.

Of total intake:
    Carbohydrates: >5%
    Protein: 15%
    Fat: 80%

There is a great Keto calculator that can help in this regard (Keto Calculator - Learn Your Macros on the Ketogenic Diet). From what I can tell after my readings is that being in Keto will not, in a long term diet, help with fat loss in any significant way. It can have other positive health effects but it will depend on your situation. For me, personally, keeping carbs at 50g, protein at 1g/lb of lbm and rest fat has worked really well.

If you have already experimented with T3 that much you obviously know what works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Let me clarify.

Of total intake:
    Carbohydrates: >5%
    Protein: 15%
    Fat: 80%

There is a great Keto calculator that can help in this regard (Keto Calculator - Learn Your Macros on the Ketogenic Diet). From what I can tell after my readings is that being in Keto will not, in a long term diet, help with fat loss in any significant way. It can have other positive health effects but it will depend on your situation. For me, personally, keeping carbs at 50g, protein at 1g/lb of lbm and rest fat has worked really well.

If you have already experimented with T3 that much you obviously know what works best for you.
    Thank's for the info I'm going to keep it the way I have it then sound's like I can achieve what I'm trying to do with what I have in place .

Thread Information