531hulk is offline New Member

First experiment diet

It's been a awhile ladies and gents but 532 hulk is back I recently started eating better and I have to say it's helped me reduce body fat pretty well. I lost around 10 lbs in 2 months eating clean but thought I'd try and experiment different macros. After reading alot I came up with a macro split specifically for training and non training days. I'm not trying to lose weight rapidly. Honestly I don't even care much about aesthetics. All I care about is getting strong and being a healthy individual and being mobile and strong enough to compete in the sports I play for fun. I'm at the biggest and strongest I've ever been but I think it's time to lose some fat. I'm prolly pushing 35-40% body fat. I don't want to do it rapidly or unhealthy so I made my diet with a good amount of calories. I'm fortunate enough to have a wegmans so finding good tasting healthy food at a decent price is easy. I'll be backloading most of my carbs. I'll have a very slim amount for breakfast (milk) and a decent amount in my pre workout meal. All the rest at dinner. Open to all opinions and criticism. Here it is.

Training days:

3300 cals
    350p
    250c
    100f

Non Training days:

3150 cals
    350p
    100c
    150f

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    at 40% you could probably be a little more aggressive with your diet and still maintain your muscle if your training right. A pound a week seems a little slow, even though I get what you are trying to do with the slow and steady. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    at 40% you could probably be a little more aggressive with your diet and still maintain your muscle if your training right. A pound a week seems a little slow, even though I get what you are trying to do with the slow and steady. Just a thought
    I'll keep that in mind Nephets, maybe reduce cals by 200- 300?

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Great job from your first post! Happy to see you are doing well. Always start high so you have something to reduce from and since you are not in any hurry you might as well do that. Macros look fine to me so keep it like that for a few weeks and see where you are at. If you are not losing fat mass just reduce it a bit but keep protein the same at all times as this will protect the lean mass you have even when in a deficit.

Thanks
    ~t

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Great job from your first post! Happy to see you are doing well. Always start high so you have something to reduce from and since you are not in any hurry you might as well do that. Macros look fine to me so keep it like that for a few weeks and see where you are at. If you are not losing fat mass just reduce it a bit but keep protein the same at all times as this will protect the lean mass you have even when in a deficit.

Thanks
    ~t
    Thanks bro. Means alot. Not on here too much. No computer and this site and a smart phone don't mix well.

Thread Information