Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: What to eat when sick? What is easy to eat?

gangen is offline Junior Member

What to eat when sick? What is easy to eat?

I think i got the flu and i have barely got anything in my system for the last day, a few minutes ago i managed to get some really fatty and salty meat, a banana and a protein bar. This is way too little, what do you think will be easy to eat/what do you eat when your sick?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    For me, I like soups and carbs. When you are really sick your body will shutdown your digestive tract to some extent to limit both the energetic stress it takes to digest foods and to prevent the introduction of another pathogen. Something with a lot of fat content would be helpful since you can get a lot of calories from it with minimal volume to it, if eating a lot is hard like it is for me
    While sick. Also, dietary fats are absorbed by the lymphatic system and not the digestive system, so they bypass the systems that are revved down.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Everyone says atay away from dairy products when sick but i always disobey. I drink milk a lot to maintain when i cant eat.
    MuscleScience likes this.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gangen View Post
    I think i got the flu and i have barely got anything in my system for the last day, a few minutes ago i managed to get some really fatty and salty meat, a banana and a protein bar. This is way too little, what do you think will be easy to eat/what do you eat when your sick?
    mix glutamin, bcaas, and juice from pomegranate and cranberry...drink 6 times a day...2 dl each time...easiest way to stil keep u anabolic

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by gangen View Post
    I've found the best/easiest way to eat when sick is to order a dozen or two quarts of chicken and rice soup from a good Chinese or pho from a Vietnamese place.

It has all the macros needed and the broth helps with hydration.
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information