• 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By Eddy18
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: Need advice for beginer

Eddy18 is offline New Member

Need advice for beginer

okay here we go... I won't touch steroid section anymore as every1 bullying me so hard but to be honest most of u guys are right. So I will start my bodybuilding from the begining and I hope u will help me a lot. So I choose section diet I want to know how much protein is enought per day? I m sure that 30 g protein per day for 180 lb is enought? if i m wrong correct me please.

Stats:

Weight - 140lb
    Heigh - 5'10
    Age - 22
    Body fat 13%
    Goal - 180lb lean mass
    At the moment I train 4 times per week. But I'm planning to add 1 more day on Saturdays so now its looks like that:
    M/T/TH/F
    Last edited by Eddy18; 12-10-2016 at 04:26 AM.
    Obs likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    30g of protein per day? Per DAY? Is that what you are saying?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Ok eddy. For simplicity I would eat 140 g of protein per day. Lock in your fat at about 50 and use carbs to either gain ore lose weight. Start with a number. Say 200 carbs. If you don't gain weight in a week. Add another 50g of carbs. If the scale still doesn't move. Add them again until the scale is moving slowly up. That's the diet side. Now make sure you have your training failed in.

Well I was saying 30g per day because I watch youtube video thats why I m asking for your advices and dont need to start bullying me. Nephets thanks for advice I m very apreciate. I will start from adding up my protein minimum 140g per day. I will stat from 200g carbs per day and i will see if i m gaining more weight. Actually i m training 4 days per week and I'm planning to do 5 days training. M/T/Th/F and maybe Saturday. Thank you very much

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Its all good buddy hang with us! Good decision. You can do it man and if you get to the point you need gear you will be ready. Study up on cycling too... I mean why not learn while you train and adjust your diet. I run more like 300g of protein a day. Dont let people discourage you from this place. Its all good. We were all new at some point. There is enough info here to make you a monster if you have the grit.
    Eddy18 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Its all good buddy hang with us! Good decision. You can do it man and if you get to the point you need gear you will be ready. Study up on cycling too... I mean why not learn while you train and adjust your diet. I run more like 300g of protein a day. Dont let people discourage you from this place. Its all good. We were all new at some point. There is enough info here to make you a monster if you have the grit.
    Thank you. These words inspire me. I'm very apreciate.

Jonbana is offline Member
    0.8g Per Lean body mass is more than enough for protein per day , to make it easy and simple 1g of protein per pound. so if you weight 140 pounds that's 140g of protein a day , if you weight 200 pounds that's 200g of protein a day

0.4g of fat a day per pound so if you weight 140 pounds that's 140x0.4 that's 56g of fat , remember this is a minimum as you need fat for hormone regulations and FAT does not make you FAT

carbs are none essential, you can fill the rest of your diet with more protein / fat or carbs what ever you feel like ,

1g protein = 4 calories
    1g carbs = 4 calories
    1g fat = 9 calories

so lets say 200 pound guy here

protein = 1g x 200 = 200g x 4 cal = 800 calories
    Fat = 0.4g x 200 = 80g x 9 cal = 720 calories

this give you 1,520 calories

depending on your goals gain muscle lose fat you fill the rest of your calories with more protein or more fat or carbs ,

Always set your minimums first and fill the rest if with your choice
    Last edited by Jonbana; 12-09-2016 at 07:41 PM.
    Eddy18 and Obs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    0.8g Per Lean body mass is more than enough for protein per day , to make it easy and simple 1g of protein per pound. so if you weight 140 pounds that's 140g of protein a day , if you weight 200 pounds that's 200g of protein a day

0.4g of fat a day per pound so if you weight 140 pounds that's 140x0.4 that's 56g of fat , remember this is a minimum as you need fat for hormone regulations and FAT does not make you FAT

carbs are none essential, you can fill the rest of your diet with more protein / fat or carbs what ever you feel like ,

1g protein = 4 calories
    1g carbs = 4 calories
    1g fat = 9 calories

so lets say 200 pound guy here

protein = 1g x 200 = 200g x 4 cal = 800 calories
    Fat = 0.4g x 200 = 80g x 9 cal = 720 calories

this give you 1,520 calories

depending on your goals gain muscle lose fat you fill the rest of your calories with more protein or more fat or carbs ,

Always set your minimums first and fill the rest if with your choice
    wow that was a nice post which is open my eyes and I start to get an idea about the diet. To be honest I don't wanna bulk as I'm seeking to get lean mass. I will stick with minimum for a week and if I feel I need more I will add and will see if I'm getting gains. Thank u for the post

whats your body weight ?
    height
    goal
    how many times you workout a week

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    For the love of all that is holy please incorporate carbs into your diet and don't simply "fill the remainder with fats or proteins." Nephets gave you some very good advice and broke it down as simple as possible for you. Start with what he said and adjust as needed.

You're running test and deca at 140lbs and 5'10 and think that 30g protein per day might be ok? And you think I am bullying you? You're going to have more to worry about than thinking I am bullying you.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 12-10-2016 at 02:39 AM.
    Eddy18 likes this.

whats your body weight ?
    height
    goal
    how many times you workout a week
    Weight - 140lb
    Heigh - 5'10
    Age - 22
    Body fat 13%
    Goal - 180lb lean mass
    At the moment I'm going 4 times per week. But I'm planning to add 1 more day on Saturdays so now its looks like that:
    M/T/TH/F
    Last edited by Eddy18; 12-10-2016 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You're running test and deca at 140lbs and 5'10 and think that 30g protein per day might be ok? And you think I am bullying you? You're going to have more to worry about than thinking I am bullying you.

Good luck.
    Did I said that I'm gonna use only 30g protein? I was asking for advice because I was getting wrong information from other websites. If I would know everything like u know I wouldn't stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy18 View Post
    Did I said that I'm gonna use only 30g protein? I was asking for advice because I was getting wrong information from other websites. If I would know everything like u know I wouldn't stay here.
    As I said, good luck, but you shouldn't even be thinking about believing 30g per day if you are cycling.

Hopefully you have your on cycle ancillaries and pct sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    As I said, good luck, but you shouldn't even be thinking about believing 30g per day if you are cycling.

Hopefully you have your on cycle ancillaries and pct sorted.
    I'm definetly go 200g protein per day. I know I can have minimum 140 as I'm 140 lb but will stay with higher rate. Thanks buddy

More is not better. Protein is typicly more expensive to buy and more filling then carbs. I would stick to the 140-160 range and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    More is not better. Protein is typicly more expensive to buy and more filling then carbs. I would stick to the 140-160 range and go from there.
    oj okay so as I understand I should keep slightly more than my weight so if my weight is 140 lb so should keep 160g protein. For example if I 'm 180lb so I should keep 200g protein is enought right?
    Obs likes this.

1.5g per lean lb of body weight. But it's all irrelevant if you don't eat enough of everything else.

Obs
    oj okay so as I understand I should keep slightly more than my weight so if my weight is 140 lb so should keep 160g protein. For example if I 'm 180lb so I should keep 200g protein is enought right?
    I always overkill protein a little if i possibly can. Not all the protein you read about in the nutritional facts is digestable. Yeah it says 40 grams on the back of the can but only 32g is digestable.

oh okay I see. oh dear... I already start see from other side about the food. It's f*cking science.... To be honest is much harder to keep diet good than train in a gym. Thank you guys for ur time will do changes in my life.
    Last edited by Eddy18; 12-10-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Diet is by far the hardest part. That's why so many people can't get the results they want. That's why the diet industry is a billion dollar business. It's selling people short cuts to reach their goals when in reality there are no short cuts. It takes persistence and consistency. That's it. Little tweaks along the way. But the consistency will get you there. Good luck bro.
    Eddy18 likes this.

Weight - 140lb
    Heigh - 5'10
    Age - 22
    Body fat 13%
    Goal - 180lb lean mass
    At the moment I'm going 4 times per week. But I'm planning to add 1 more day on Saturdays so now its looks like that:
    M/T/TH/F
    If this was me I would do the following if trying to bulk

250g Protein
    80g fat
    180g carbs

total = 2,440 calories should be a good starting point for you

but this is just a fast simple calculation could be wrong could be right I know nothing about you but I always run low carbs as I find my body likes fat over carbs you need to see what works for you

250g Protein
    80g fat
    180g carbs

but this is just a fast simple calculation could be wrong could be right I know nothing about you but I always run low carbs as I find my body likes fat over carbs you need to see what works for you
    id flip the protein and carb numbers. If the op is used to eating 30g of protein a day he will have a bitch of a time chocking down 250g.
    numbere likes this.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand how anyone could go though a day with just 30 grams protein... I just don't see how its possible....even if they where vegetarian

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could go though a day with just 30 grams protein... I just don't see how its possible....even if they where vegetarian
    once the vegans are beating your protein intake you know your diet is fucked. lol
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Obs
    oh okay I see. oh dear... I already start see from other side about the food. It's f*cking science.... To be honest is much harder to keep diet good than train in a gym. Thank you guys for ur time will do changes in my life.
    Stick with it man. Believe in yourself and shape your destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post

Thats why I'm here to ask if that wrong or not. I m not veteran on that and still learning about diet. As I said I was watching youtube video few days ago that guy recommends 30g of protein on 180 lb. Sounds even funny for me now when you guys explained me. Thanks a lot to everyone all info is very usefull for me learned a lot.
    Obs likes this.

250g Protein
    80g fat
    180g carbs

Very usefull info. To be honest I want to be bigger but in good shape but I think once I train and eat a lot like you recomend or something similar at least I will get bigger in time. Thanks buddy

id flip the protein and carb numbers. If the op is used to eating 30g of protein a day he will have a bitch of a time chocking down 250g.
    It makes me a little confused now but I think the best way to check it for my self how its better for me. So I will try to stick with 160g protein ( its a little more than my weight so anyways I will get bigger maybe not that fast ) 50-60 fat I think enough for me. and at least 200 carbs. I will stick with that about week or 2 and will see if I do some changes on my weight. If not I can little increase as Nephets said.

if i had to guess, i'm assuming he was trying to say 30g per meal and not per day. 30g X 6 meals is 180g per day. You may have just miss understood him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    if i had to guess, i'm assuming he was trying to say 30g per meal and not per day. 30g X 6 meals is 180g per day. You may have just miss understood him.
    Might be true. But if i even didint understood him I learned much more by posting on this forum from u guys. Apreciate !!

Need advice for beginer-15419319_1148495128552822_1216307617_o.jpgNeed advice for beginer-15503086_1148495095219492_790519180_o.jpg

Don't wanna create new forum topic so will add here. In ur opinion useless or usefull?

Looks like a multi vitamin with a quick over look ,

I personal always run a multi year round I will also run fish oil and vitamin D and C rest all comes from food ,

remember supplements are supplements not replacements whole food over supplements any day and anytime

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Don't wanna create new forum topic so will add here. In ur opinion useless or usefull?
    At this point in your development any supplements, vitamins or protein powders, are a waste.

If your going to spend money on anything other than membership fees, food or equipment then invest in a nice glass top digital scale to weigh all your macros.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Your tdee is roughly 2400 calories.

To bulk you should be consuming in the ballpark of 2900-3000 calories.

A moderate carb split for you would look like 35/35/30 114g f/256g c/219g p

A higher carb split would look like 20/50/30 65g f/365g c/219g p

Pick a macro split then devide it by your desired number of meals.

Then build your individual meals around those numbers.

Weigh yourself every 10-14 days.

If you're not gaining weight then increase your daily intake by 200-300 calories and reassess in 10-14 days.

If you're gaining weight too fast then drop 200-300 calories per day and reassess progress in another 10-14 days.
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Your tdee is roughly 2400 calories.

To bulk you should be consuming in the ballpark of 2900-3000 calories.

A moderate carb split for you would look like 35/35/30 114g f/256g c/219g p

A higher carb split would look like 20/50/30 65g f/365g c/219g p

Pick a macro split then devide it by your desired number of meals.

Then build your individual meals around those numbers.

Weigh yourself every 10-14 days.

If you're not gaining weight then increase your daily intake by 200-300 calories and reassess in 10-14 days.

If you're gaining weight too fast then drop 200-300 calories per day and reassess progress in another 10-14 days.
    Everything seems okay but whats wrong with fast weight gain? Is it bad?

Thread Information