clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

1 year later, how my diet has changed

its been exactly 12 months since i started this bodybuilding thing (and 15 days away from my 1 year anniversary on AR, and still natural, whoot)...=)

over the months my diet has changed drastically. in general it has just become more and more strict. starting from eating spagetti with tons of cheese and sausage, sandwiches with lots of mayo and fried chicken breasts i moved on to eating a bit more healthy: eggwhite omlets (still with cheese), eggwhite smoothies (lots of frozen fruit and sugar), tuna salad sandwiches (lots of mayo). that was big jump for me cuz i've always HATED tuna and never thought i'd see the day where i'd actually be eating it.

the more months pasts and i was eating chicken breasts with a slice of cheese, steaks, hamburger patties (with lots of fat), vegitables, and low and behold, i started taking whey protein.

now here i am, and here's my diet:

1 can of tuna (straight up),
    1/4 of a sweet potato (plain, nothing on it, cooked in microwave)
    protein shake (soy milk, 1/2 tbsp pb, 2 scoops whey)

i eat that 5 times a day, with pb/j sandwiches on one slice of whole wheat bread as snacks inbetween (about 2 a day).

opinions?

-- clocky baby

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    What kind of results did you get after one year??

your diet seems extremely boring but you can't go wrong with it... , I also hope you are taking your multi-vitamins cuz you will missing some... and wheres the fiber ans EFA's ?!?!

what is your total daily caloric intake?

also i would drop the potato for an another carb with a lower GI ...

Keep on good work!!!

ciao

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well if it's working for ya. But I suggest taking advantage of all your protein sources along with the many car sources and get some different veggies in there. I wouldn't get gung ho aout the soy milk either. Soy is a cheap protein source which perphaps should e included sparingly ut not muich do to it naturally raises your estrogen levels. I'd go ack to the drawing oard on this one if it was me.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by J-F
    also i would drop the potato for an another carb with a lower GI ...

ciao
    He said sweet potatoes, and those are low on the GI scale.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Well if it's working for ya. But I suggest taking advantage of all your protein sources along with the many car sources and get some different veggies in there. I wouldn't get gung ho aout the soy milk either. Soy is a cheap protein source which perphaps should e included sparingly ut not muich do to it naturally raises your estrogen levels. I'd go ack to the drawing oard on this one if it was me.
    all protein sources? whey and canned tuna are just easy. as for soy milk, i don't even consider it a source of protein for me...its simply there to make my shakes taste good. and yeah, i heard about it raising estrogen levels, so i'm going to ditch it for regular milk. 30g per can of tuna times 5 + 20g whey times 5 = 250g protein...>much more< than enough for someone my weight i think.

J-F, after one year, i've put on about 10 lbs (a very unlean 10 lbs i think). but the posted diet is new...have been doing it for like 2 weeks.

swole, can explain GI to me?

thanks,
    -- cb

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    clockworks - th GI scale to which sc reffered is the Glycemic Index. the scale ranges from 1-100 with pure glucose at 100. Foods with a relatively high GI means that glucose and insulin levels in the blood are higher. Foods on the lower end are digested more slowly and therefore provide a steady 'stream' of glucose to muscles over a longer period of time. This essentially means that you have energy for a longer time period when you eat lower GI foods than high ones. peace
    Last edited by symatech; 07-08-2003 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J-F
    I also hope you are taking your multi-vitamins cuz you will missing some...
    yes i am...=)

Quote Originally Posted by j-f
    and wheres the fiber ans EFA's ?!?!
    uhh, fiber...fiber...i eat about 3 slices of whole wheat bread a day! =) what would you suggest for fiber? also, what would you suggest for EFA's? besides the peanut butter and soymilk, i'm not getting any other fats.

Quote Originally Posted by j-f
    what is your total daily caloric intake?
    dunno, lets see:
    5 cans of tuna
    1.25 sweet potatos
    3 slices whole wheat bread (with pb/j on each of em)
    5 protein shakes (soy milk + pb + 2-3 scoops whey (20-30g))

dunno what that comes out to roughly...=)

about my goals. i weight 152 right now, so i'm a pretty little doode. i don't really want to "bulk" like most people here do. to me, bodybuilding is about dicipline >and< patience. all i want to do is continue to gain strength while staying lean. i believe a good physique will follow the strength. if i can put on a good 10 lbs of lean mass a year, i will be happy. and i will have the patience to wait 3 years to put on 30 lbs (well, i'm not saying i'll deny any gear if i can find it...). besides my 1-2 hours in the gym each day, i lead a very very inactive lifestyle (like 14 hours a day behind puter screen).

thanks,
    -- cb

Thread Information