pfunk is offline New Member

Thoughts suggestions?

Hi Guys,

Just looking for some suggestions on my current diet. I traditionally have kept to a standard type bodybuilding breakdown as far as macros/calories are concerned 40/40/20 (slight variations but not much). This time I did a little research and have been trying a higher carb diet. The long and the short is that I shoot for 1-1.25g protein per lbs (I am actually a bit higher because it was tough to get the numbers right given my food choices and cal requirements); .4-1g fat per lbs; and the remainder of cal requirement coming from carbs. This breaks down as total cals per day 3660; pro = 256g; fat = 70g; and carbs = 522g.

I'm 5'6", 175lbs, 10-12bf%

Currently I've stopped gaining weight. When I started this diet approx 12wks ago I calculated my cal requirements when I stopped gaining I upped them (by 500) and now, as mentioned, I've stopped growing. I'm planning on adding more again however the reason I thought I'd check in was because currently my cals already exceed what every calculator and calculation says I need? The highest # I have come up with was 3376 at my current weight but for the last 4wks or so ive been at the 3660 mark?

My thought is to just keep adding as the scale doesn't lie but just wanted to get some thoughts as this hasn't happened to me before. I must say though overall the gains have been good I started at 158lbs about 12 or 14wks ago and the over all bf% hasn't gone up as much as I would have expected given the weight gain - pretty much all clean sources of cals with the exception of some perogies to get the carb cals up.

Anyway any thoughts would be helpful even if they are just to confirm I'm on the right track and to just keep adding.

Thanks

pfunk is offline New Member
    I'd like to change one remark I'm probably closer to 15%bf

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    fuck the calculators....we are all different. you are doing the right thing. add more calories until the scale starts moving in the right direction again. If the scale is moving up and the body fat is staying in check then just keep it up until you hit the next plateau.

Thread Information