scottschop is offline New Member

Little Advice for an older guy

Hello,

I'm 50, 5'8 170lbs with about 25%bf.

I am wanting to start my first cycle, and everything I am reading is recommending getting bf down to about 15%. Let me tell you, at this age it's seems to be a little harder than when I was 30, but, I am trying.

Goal is to stay at the same weight, with an obvious drop in BF to about 15%.

Questions are: What kind of caloric intake do I need to start with? Should I be lifting for mass? How much cardio should I be doing? Start cycle now (I've been told no, just asking again-Its T and Deca with AI and PCT)

Workout plain is split, 2 on, 1 off, 2 on..weekend off. Days off is mild cardio, mostly swimming and walking (knees are shot). I work out in the morning.

I really want to get this fat down as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottschop View Post
    Hello,

I'm 50, 5'8 170lbs with about 25%bf.

I am wanting to start my first cycle, and everything I am reading is recommending getting bf down to about 15%. Let me tell you, at this age it's seems to be a little harder than when I was 30, but, I am trying.

Goal is to stay at the same weight, with an obvious drop in BF to about 15%.

Questions are: What kind of caloric intake do I need to start with? Should I be lifting for mass? How much cardio should I be doing? Start cycle now (I've been told no, just asking again-Its T and Deca with AI and PCT)

Workout plain is split, 2 on, 1 off, 2 on..weekend off. Days off is mild cardio, mostly swimming and walking (knees are shot). I work out in the morning.

I really want to get this fat down as quickly as possible.

Thanks
    Your going to gain fat while eating to gain muscle with test and deca, even test alone.

Plus your estrogen is going to be hard to get a wrap on

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Imo you shouldn't cycle now, get your bf a bit lower and concentrate on learning how to eat.

You don't have to be exactly 15% bf to cycle, especially at 50, but you should make a concerned effort to get close.

To lose weight you should be eating about 1,900 calories a day.

Then weigh your in 10-14 days and check your progress.

If you're not losing weight then consume a few hundred less calories per day.

If you're losing weight too fast then eat a bit more.

You should be able to lose at least 1% per week once you learn how to eat and train to lose weight.

Fasted cardio of some sort for 30-45 minutes in the morning is a very good tool when cutting.

Some example macro splits for a 1,900 calorie diet are below.

High carb 40/50/30 - 43g f/242g/145g p

Moderate carb 35/35/30 - 75g f/169g c/145g p

Low carb 40/20/40 - 86g f/97g c/193g p

Devide one of the splits above by your desired amount of meals.

Then build each meal around those macros.
    Last edited by numbere; 01-07-2017 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Typo

Awesome, thanks....Should I be lifting as well, or just doing cardio?

If yes, should I be concentrating on low weight and high reps, or lifting heavy?

Awesome, thanks....Should I be lifting as well, or just doing cardio?

If yes, should I be concentrating on low weight and high reps, or lifting heavy?
    If you plan on cycling anytime in the foreseeable future then you should be lifting a few times per week.

I don't know enough about you, your goals or any injuries to suggest a lifting program.

If you're uncertain about a training program maybe you should create a thread in the workout and training forum or hire a personal trainer.

It would be great if you kept updating this thread with your progress.

I've found that this forum is just as good a motivational tool as it is source for information.

Also, if you haven't already you should post your stats and proposed cycle in the Q&A forum at some point so that members can make sure you have everything covered.
    Last edited by numbere; 01-07-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    If you plan on cycling anytime in the foreseeable future then you should be lifting a few times per week.

I don't know enough about you and your goals suggest a lifting program.

If you're uncertain about a training program maybe you should create a thread in the workout and training forum or hire a personal trainer.

It would be great if you kept updating this thread with your progress.

I've found that this forum is just as good a motivational tool as source for information.

Also, if you haven't already you should post your stats and proposed cycle in the Q&A forum at some point so that members can make sure you have everything covered.
    Ok, Roger that!
    One more question, after I've got the BF down to a reasonable level, should I increase caloric intake to maintain a 165-170lb range with lean muscle mass? I assume that would be a yes, but I just wanted to ask.

Thanks again!

Ok, Roger that!
    One more question, after I've got the BF down to a reasonable level, should I increase caloric intake to maintain a 165-170lb range with lean muscle mass? I assume that would be a yes, but I just wanted to ask.
    When you reach a certain weight that you'd like to maintain, after either cutting or bulking, you then eat your maintenance calories or Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) for that weight.

Thread Information