Thread: cutting help

Scottishjuicer18 is offline Junior Member

cutting help

stats

5 foot 8 inches
    247 lbs
    bf% around 25%

I haven't measured my BF in a while - due to unreliable and invalid measurement tools (i.e. callipers/BF machines)

---------------------------

hi guys

i was just wondering how often i should eat every day to allow for an effective cut? i generally eat 4 times a day

- 80g oats with 1 1/2 scoops of whey with water and creatine/taurine
    - 125g wholegrain rice with 3/4 chicken strips (just chicken breast cut into strips - approx 120g-150g)
    - 125g wholegrain rice with one tin of tuna (approx 110g)

handful of almonds

train

protein shake (2 scoops)/banana - post workout

and then this is where i really struggle to eat anything again

i sometimes have chicken and white potatoes but not as often as i like. I don't feel like i can face food after training and really struggle to eat. Are there any nicer options which you could recommend as a post workout meal? steak perhaps?
    Last edited by Scottishjuicer18; 01-30-2017 at 06:19 PM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Did you figure out your TDEE? this will let you know where your ate as far as eating.And you can eat steak as long as it fits into your macros.I ain't no diet wiz these guys helped me yrs ago with my TDEE and I went from there.

Based on the sticky post (bf % pictures) i would say I'm around 23% BF approximately.

My BMR is 2111

TDEE works out at 3000 (i am very sedentary other than the hour i spend in the gym training hard)

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjuicer18 View Post
    Based on the sticky post (bf % pictures) i would say I'm around 23% BF approximately.

My BMR is 2111

TDEE works out at 3000 (i am very sedentary other than the hour i spend in the gym training hard)
    You better do some cardio then.

I really hate cardio and won't put myself through things which I don't
    Enjoy. I have dropped the weights down and now doing higher reps which gets me working harder than normal when doing weights.

From what I've seen from others which just do more weight training with higher reps - cardio isn't necessary to drop some fat. I'm not looking to get ripped out my mind!

Do you agree?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Higher reps for fat loss is old school.

Thought you were a powerlifter? Even strong men competitors do cardio.

If you want something bad enough you'll do it, if you don't and half ass it you will get half ass results.

The diet you posted that you follow, what does that do to your weight? What are the macro's?

Also, based on the snippet of a photo you posted previously I don't think you are as low as 23%, can you post a proper pic please so I can advise properly.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Let's not forget how good cardio is for your health!

I'm a bit nervous about putting a pic up cause I know I don't look great. I'm starting to feel the muscle mass increases., but not much from fat loss so far.

From the last gyno pics I posted a while back, I have definitely lost some water weight and look less bloated.

I'll put a pic up of my back if that's any good?

Up to you what you post, nobody knows you here so no need to feel embarrassed. You're a grown man, if you choose to cycle at 30% that's up to you.

Feel free to answer the other questions, without doing that you can't get any help.

Well I have been powerlifting and made good progress in recent years . Buy over the past few months I've really just looking to cut down some fat and add more muscle. I'm not interested in comps etc, just Cycling to try to get leaner and bigger basically!

I've only recently started the diet but I'm in a 600/700 calorie deficit every day and I definitely feel hungrier than normal. I just need some sort of daily food which I enjoy - without it ,I don't enjoy the dieting /training as much.

So today was a tuna pasta as something I enjoyed. The other meals were chicken/brown rice, steak/brown rice/oats and protein shake for breakfast in mixed Ina blender.

Since I've just started the diet I haven't worked out macros yet. My protein is around 150g/200g per day, fat around 30-50g/ carbs around 180-220g. I know these numbers aren't exact but they are close estimates. I think my carbs are too low even tho I'm cutting?

I will post a pic tommorow

Thanks Back in black, my bro

If we take the highest of those numbers each then that's only about 2000cals and about 1700cals or less on low days. My metabolism is pretty high but even at 210lbs I need 4000cals per day as a minimum.

How long have you been eating like this?

Have you been losing weight?

I've only been eating like this for around 5/6 days and yes I am loosing weight definitely. I think I'm loosing weight down to AAS and t3/clen because I have tried carlorie deficit diets in the past and haven't lost a single pound (a diet which is almost idnential to my current one).

I know I shouldn't mention drugs in here on songdogs advice, but thought I had to this time as I have done this diet before and not lost any weight at all. Now I've started cycle, the fat is coming off for sure.

Thanks bros

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    No one likes cardio. No one like training to failure. It hurts. It sucks. But it's affective. That's why we do it. Doing things we enjoy doing will only get you so far. This can be done fairly easily without drugs. Please consider stepping out of your comfort zone. If you do what you always do, you will get what you always get. Good luck.

Thread Information