Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By numbere
  • 2 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By Nephets

Thread: I feel like I'm missing something.... What do you guys think?

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member

I feel like I'm missing something.... What do you guys think?

Starting my first cycle soon and just want to know as far as nutrition goes how this looks, the cals seem low and I'm not sure what I need to add in there to get more? I seem to gain weight fast as fuck for some reason but also cut with ease too, ....any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

I'm 5'10 now 216.6 lbs anywhere from 15-17% bf
    going to run a Test E cycle 12 weeks 500mg a week ai, hcg , and pct all good too.
    when I wrote this plan i was going on a cut but as it has been brought to my attention it would be pointless to waste these sweet ass potential newbie gains so i want to ass some mass but still maybe drop a %or two if possible.... thoughts? suggestions?... before you say eat more...no shit... but what I'm already at 348p/168c/40f where should i add keeping in mind i gain weight fast

Schedule for Lift Days 6 Days a Week

7am: Wake up, black coffee and ECA stack , fasted cardio 250-350 cals burned

8-8:30 am: 1st meal
    Shake
    Bio Grow 3 scoops
    Premier protein banana shake
    2 scoops pro Jym
    ¼ cup Steel Cut oats
    Omelet
    1 cup liquid egg whites
    2 whole eggs
    1.5 cups Super Greens (kale/spinach)
    1,046 cals , 77 carbs , 30 fat , 129 protein

10-10:30 am: Pre W/O Meal
    6oz Chicken Tenderloins
    Chicken Caesar Salad w/ walden farms dressing
    8oz Steamed Broccoli
    1.5 cups Super Greens (kale/spinach)
    397 cals, 26 carbs, 6 fat, 61 protein

11:30 -12:45: WORKOUT #1
    ON Pro BCAA intra workout 2 scoops
    5 cals, 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 protein

1pm: Post W/O Simple Carb and Protein
    20oz G2 Gatorade
    2 Wonka Pixie Stix and 15 Haribo Gummy bears
    4oz White Albacore Tuna
    Walden Farms Mayo
    257 cals, 37 carbs, 1 fat, 26 protein

3:30 pm: No/low Carb Meal
    Chicken Caesar Salad w/ walden farms dressing
    4oz White Albacore Tuna
    Walden Farms Mayo
    220 cals, 6 carbs, 5 fat, 38 protein

6pm: 2nd Pre W/O Meal
    8oz steamed broccoli
    6oz Chicken or Pork Tenderloin
    1cup Liquid Egg Whites
    392 cals, 17 carbs, 2 fat, 72 protein

7:30: 2nd Workout

9:30: Bed Time Shake
    Optimum Nutrition Casein Shake
    120 cals, 3 carbs, 1 fat, 24 protein

10-10:30: Lay my ass in bed and hope I fall asleep!!!
    Last edited by Richard Cabeza; 02-06-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Your protein is quite high. I'd lower them and add them to carbs. You may also want to dump the gummy bears and pict sticks post workout. There are better options for that. When you say you gain weight quickly I'm assuming you mean fat. If so, make smaller calorie jumps. I would try that for a couple weeks before you jump on the gear.
    Richard Cabeza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Your protein is quite high. I'd lower them and add them to carbs. You may also want to dump the gummy bears and pict sticks post workout. There are better options for that. When you say you gain weight quickly I'm assuming you mean fat. If so, make smaller calorie jumps. I would try that for a couple weeks before you jump on the gear.
    What would be a better simple sugar option, someone told me about that waaaay back in like high school and it just stuck with me... yeah my protein is high as fuck only because i feel like I'm carb sensitive, when i increase to lets say 200-250 grams i notice my weight will start to go up and yes fat, i hold the bulk of it in my love handles and lower back, i can look pretty lean everywhere like i do now and even have visible abs but the worst love handles and lower back

Maybe lower protein to 260ish increase carbs to around 200-220 then fats should stay pretty low still I'm assuming, I'd have to play with the numbers, but my main concern wasn't necessarily the macros but the calories, I'd like to hit around 2800-3200 on cycle and even thats a bit low i feel.

The cycle is what confuses me as far as nutrition, i just don't know what to expect and don't want to pack on fat and waste a cycle because my nutrition is shit.

Have fruit post work out if it's simple carbs your looking for. Start at 3200 if you like. Your going to have to adjust on the fly. If your not gaining at 3200 then add 300 calories. If your gaining weight great. If you feel your gaining too slowly, bump them again. Do that until you start to gain fat and then you know you will need to back it off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Have fruit post work out if it's simple carbs your looking for. Start at 3200 if you like. Your going to have to adjust on the fly. If your not gaining at 3200 then add 300 calories. If your gaining weight great. If you feel your gaining too slowly, bump them again. Do that until you start to gain fat and then you know you will need to back it off a bit.
    Perfect thanks, ill add in some pineapple and strawberries and a couple of bananas with some almond butter, that sounds much more filling to me anyway and I'll get higher carbs with the bananas and almond butter, I'll add a sweet potatoe in the mix somewhere too and that should about put me there, i didn't add in the olive oil and condiments because i use such a small amount its not even worth calculating especially with my fats already being pretty low, and condiments i use mostly spices or walden farms stuff and mustard and hot sauce on just about everything lol

I appreciate the help!!! Its little changes like that, that i wouldn't even have thought of

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You plan on working out twice a day six days a week for 12 weeks?

I don't think you can bulk on 2,400 calories a day with your stats, that seems way under maintenance.

It's not a good idea to try and gain mass while at the same time losing body fat until you become much more experienced with diet and training.

If you try and do both at the same time at this point in your journey you will likely have less than desirable results.

Yeah definitely didn't plan on keeping it at 2400 which is why i posted, i don't know how i got my numbers this way, making adjustments now though and gonna get it all worked out. I need more calorie dense foods, which shouldn't be tough. More carbs little more fats, boom! Lol i calculated these macros when i was planning to cut, since joining i realized that was stupid and I'd be wasting my newbie cycle gains and have since seen the light, so bulk it is but i need help reworking the macros a bit.

Biggest thing is my fear of gaining too much fat, i gain really easy i also can cut really easy just the way I've always been but i don't want to blow up on cycle and have to cut immediately after. I'm thinking of maybe holding off for a couple of months to cut then go on cycle, I'm just fucking anxious

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cabeza View Post
    ... More carbs little more fats, boom!...
    Imo you should be eating a lot more healthy fats.

You're not even eating 15% of your total calories in fat with the macros in the OP.

Are you planning on lifting twice a day while on cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Imo you should be eating a lot more healthy fats.

You're not even eating 15% of your total calories in fat with the macros in the OP.

Are you planning on lifting twice a day while on cycle?
    Yeah 2 times a day, i have no problem with increasing my healthy fats ive just always had this anxiety when it comes to fats honestly because of the way i gain but I'm open to increasing them and adding things like avocado and nuts and shit like that .... looks like its back to the drawing board lol

So maybe instead of this should i do a 50 25 25 ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170206-214000.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	167469

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cabeza View Post
    So maybe instead of this should i do a 50 25 25 ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170206-214000.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	167469
    Forget percentages. Protein = 1g/lb of Lean Body Mass, Fat at about 80-100g and rest carbs.
    ironbeck and Richard Cabeza like this.

^^^^ I do this as well. I do one g per pound of body weight (that gets me a little on the high side), lock in my fats and make the carbs the only variable I have to move. As for the twice a day training... dump it. You need to recover and that's where you grow. Hit it hard for an hr and rest. you're not on the pro tour and you're not taking the volume of gear they are taking so don't train like that. train, eat, sleep, repeat. good luck.

Ok, got it ...thanks guys!!! Will definitely make those adjustments

Thread Information