indianbill is offline New Member

Experts Please Advice

Hey guys,

I am 36, 5'4 and 125 lbs. Current body fat (estimate) between 20-25%

Looking to get that weight up to 138 or 140 lbs without gaining too much fat.

The question is, should I cut and reduce the bf and then try to gain clean or should I concentrate on bulking first and then look to cut?

The current diet is a mess. But I have started lifting again after about six months of junk eating and couch surfing.

I checked out a BMR calculator from Bodybuilding.com and it tells me that my BMR is 1423 calories a day which I feel is too low.

I plan to get my diet in order and lift hard for six months to a year before deciding whether to go ahead with my first cycle.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    I would most definitely cut first. 20-25% bf is pretty chubby.

When I cut I start at 2400cals at about 220lbs. That's approx 11cals per pound. By then end of the cut I'm usually around 1800cals which is about 8 cals per pound.

Using those same ratios on you that have u starting at 125 x 11 = 1375cals...

So, in my opinion if I were you I'd start around 1400-1500cals and see how u go.

Let's see u post a diet with macros.

I've had the best success reducing macros by small increments weekly while simultaneously increasing cardio.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    What does your current meal plan look like?

indianbill is offline New Member
    Hey guys,

Thank you for the replies and apologies for the delayed response.

This is what the meal plan looks like for a normal day.

8 am - Tea with Milk, Sugar and Ginger - 1 cup

9 am - 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs scrambled in oil (usually with some chopped onions and tomatoes thrown in)

12 pm - A cup of black coffee with sugar

2 pm - 5 to 6 Whole wheat chapatis with some cooked veggies (in oil) and 250 to 300 gms of chicken curry, a bowl of curd

4 pm - Workout

5:30 pm - Post work out protein shake (ON 100% Gold Standard Whey in water)

10:00 pm - 5 to 6 Whole wheat chapatis with some cooked veggies (in oil) and 250 to 300 gms of chicken curry or eggs scrambled

I logged that in Myfitnesspal and it shows me that its close to 2100 calories and the macros are Carbs 210 grams, Fats 88 grams and Protein 153 grams.

I believe that it is an estimate and not an accurate number. But more or less sums up the meal plan atm.

Weekends are a tad worse. There's four to five bottles of beer (330 ml) and very little protein. Lots of carbs.

I hope that helps.

wellshii is offline Member
    BF total is internal and external. The dexa scan shows this .You might be even higher than stated . Pics would help man.
    But overall ,slim down and get as cut as possible,then clean bulk(slowly not overeating too much). That would be the best option IMO.
    Thats actually a high estimate for bmr considering your bf percentage. The more bf,the lower your bmr,vice versa.
    Heres a more accurate link in which has worked for me.
    IF Calculator That is based on sedentary lifetsyle.
    I honestly wouldnt cut calories from your tdee,but become more active,so stay at that sedentary tdee and start working out,cardio or whatever.
    Then once your desired bf level has been achieved, go from there.
    Make sure your obtaining all your proper essentials as well,
    omegas,choline,vitamins and minerals,iodine,whether through diet or supplementation.
    Judging form your diet,seems like a low omega 3 intake.
    Eat as natural as possible and eat a lot of veggies.
    Is that curry homemade btw?
    Protein might be low as well,aim at least 1g per lb of body weigh,but less will be fine as long as 1 gram per lean mass is met.

wellshii is offline Member
    Rememer diet is key,and the body needs to obtain all essentials.
    Heres another link .
    7 out of every 10 Indians are vitamin deficient - Times of India

Thread Information