Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sark

Thread: keto diet critique

qpinto is offline New Member

keto diet critique

Hello members, I've been a lurker for awhile and wanted to post with a question about my diet. Currently I'm cutting down while adding size. I run a standard keto diet, usually eating around twice a day. I lift 4-5 days a week heavy, and run around 25-35 miles a week. Usually start with a 5k to warm up, lift heavy, and finish with another 5k.

5'9" 1/2, 28 , male, 185 pounds. Prob a good 16-18% bf by my estimations.

Previous high school athlete. Lifting for around 14 years off and on. Yes I'm aware of my size, I gained fat, lost fat, gained fat, lost fat. I really got going about 6 years ago and shed 130 pounds. Turned into the runner long distance body but lost all my gains. As if the last year or so I've been recovering from I hurt and can finally run and lift legs.

Diet is as follows:

I Eat around 150-160g protein daily, 150-160g fats, and 30g carbs. I track everything in MFP. My caloric intake is 1800-2000. While in keto this is enough energy for me to lift heavy, increase my lofts, and cut BF. This is a deficit of around 1000 calories daily or 2 pounds a week depending how much cardio or if I eat a little more protein and fat if I am feeling depressed/loss of motivation and energy. I carb up after every 10 days of being in ketosis, only eating the same calories but high carb, high protein, low fat for 36 hours.

Currently I take a protein powder, pwo, and testojack 200 to keep my libido while cutting on keto.

Is this too much of a deficit? Lifts are going up and BF is dropping like crazy. I'm afraid of turning into the runners physique as I have done before but gains are there.

I'm looking to run test e soon as my first cycle and currently doing my research on PCT and how long to run. Want to make sure diet is dialed in first before starting anything.

Thoughts ?

qpinto is offline New Member
    Diet: wake up - water and 2 pills testojack

Breakfast - 4-6 oz black coffee, 1 scoop protein

Lunch - 4 tilapia fillets cooked with lemon grass and light sodium soy sauce
    1 1/2 cup bok choy
    10 buffalo chicken wings
    3 tablespoons ranch dressing
    8 mussels

Snack - animal fury/animal rage pwo

Lift and workout

Post workout - scoop protein shake

Add fats here and there to make sure fat intake it adequate, same with protein.

Sleep: zma, testojack 200

omneter2 is offline New Member
    Is it good diet?

Mr. Small is offline Member
    Sooooooo.............you only eat once a day?

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by omneter2 View Post
    Is it good diet?
    That's not diet, that's a "oops I didn't have time to eat today" intake of calories scheme.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Do you feel that the testojack is worth £30 a box...? Even for tribulus it's pretty low dosed

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Do you feel that the testojack is worth £30 a box...? Even for tribulus it's pretty low dosed
    Nice trib supp.

15$

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/pyth...ablets/vs-1284

Jonbana is offline Member
    Keto works just like any other diet , theres nothing special about keto some like it some don't , I love keto and need to force myself to stay away I find it can really fuck your body up specially its shown to slow down your thyroid and other problems but yes it does have massive benefits ,

remember calories in calories out keto low carb high carb doesn't matter ,

Sark is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Keto works just like any other diet , theres nothing special about keto
    Keto is way different that how many other diets work. That's a ridiculous statement you just made, and anyways, has nothing to do with the OPs question.

Op, 1k calorie deficit is quite a lot, especially right off the bat. I would cut back to only a 500 cal deficit if I were you.
    To be honest, I don't think what you laid out is a realistic diet. Have you tried this plan yet? Are you actually able to eat all of that food in one sitting? Additionally, what you laid out kind of looks like more than 30g of carbs to me.

The only way any diet is going to work for you, no matter what type or style, is that you are actually able to stick to it. And realistically, what you laid out looks pretty tough to do all in one sitting basically.
    MuscleScience likes this.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    a keto diet is high fat, moderate protein (1 gram per lean pound of body weight and only that much if you're seriously lifting a good amount every week), and low carb.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    And chicken wings should not be there for fat intake. Try healthy fats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    And chicken wings should not be there for fat intake. Try healthy fats.
    Healthy fats are preferred, but let's be honest, we would get bored af, and we don't need to be bored on the keto diet. I eat butter, bacon, chicken wings, 90% cacao dark chocolate, and jalapeno poppers, and I'm getting ripped right now, and weirdly enough my t-shirts are getting tighter like I'm putting on muscle.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    Healthy fats are preferred, but let's be honest, we would get bored af, and we don't need to be bored on the keto diet. I eat butter, bacon, chicken wings, 90% cacao dark chocolate, and jalapeno poppers, and I'm getting ripped right now, and weirdly enough my t-shirts are getting tighter like I'm putting on muscle.
    I think if you are going to cut an entire macro caragory out to lose weight, whatever you are eating should be as nutrient dense as possible. I eat what my body needs...boredom isn't a factor that gets much consideration. Your still dropping weight because you are eating less then your body requires. That's it. Your micro nutrient needs may still not be met.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    I think if you are going to cut an entire macro caragory out to lose weight, whatever you are eating should be as nutrient dense as possible. I eat what my body needs...boredom isn't a factor that gets much consideration. Your still dropping weight because you are eating less then your body requires. That's it. Your micro nutrient needs may still not be met.
    I'll concur with that, but couldn't you just get all the micro's by supplementing with a great multi plus all your b's and whatever else your body needs? zinc, c, etc.?

Thread Information