Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sicko
  • 1 Post By --->>405<<---

Thread: College Student trying to go on a hardcore cut

Miracleman90215 is offline New Member

College Student trying to go on a hardcore cut

I am an 18 year old college freshman and i have put on much more weight than i would have ever wanted to! I had knee problems at the beginning of the year so I was very limited the whole first semester in what I could do to keep the weight off. I used to play baseball every year but due to the injury i was not able to play. I lost out on the activity and the lifestyle by switching to golf. Between being lazy and feeling stuck due to my injury, college cafeteria food, and sheer boredom the weight packed on. I am trying desperately now to get it off. I am going to the gym and working out for about an hour to an hour and a half 4-6 days a week. I try to do a half hour to 45 minutes of cardio 3 days a week. I have not been eating much more than a bowl of oatmeal and drinking lots of water for breakfast. I drink approximately half my body weight in ounces of water per day. For lunch I'm either eating a 6" Subway sandwich, typically buffalo chicken with provolone and spinach, or eating at the salad bar and that is it. Then i work out as mentioned before. After the gym usually about 45 minutes later i will go to our campus coffee shop and get a toasted croissant with turkey and provolone cheese. I know that these may not be the best options but i cannot seem to get the fat to come off at all! Can anyone help?? If anyone has any ideas for a diet plan or workout plan that would be great! i have started the bodybuilding.com shortcut to size app as a lifting program but am trying to follow a cut diet. I also take one scoop of pre-workout a half hour before i workout with 12 oz of water. Then a scoop and a half of whey protein powder with 10 oz of milk (1%) and a half scoop of peanut utter powder for flavor.

Stats:
    18 y male
    6'1
    235 (started at 195 this past fall, fluctuated 190-195)
    Body fat % is waaayyyyyy too high and thats what I'm trying to get rid of, the muscle is there from last baseball season but has been covered by this god awful fat. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like u just need structure and time.

Structure= keep following any work out plan (u played baseball so u know what a plan it) and then keep pushing yourself slowly.
    Diet, stop eating out and make a lay out of the same amount of food a day. Adjust accordingly. (Figure out your tdee is a good start)

Time= this is the thing NO one likes. It doesn't happen over night. Just need to stay in the life style

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Sounds like u just need structure and time.

Structure= keep following any work out plan (u played baseball so u know what a plan it) and then keep pushing yourself slowly.
    Diet, stop eating out and make a lay out of the same amount of food a day. Adjust accordingly. (Figure out your tdee is a good start)

Time= this is the thing NO one likes. It doesn't happen over night. Just need to stay in the life style

What do you mean by "tdees"

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman90215 View Post
    What do you mean by "tdees"
    Welcome to the Forum MM
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure

https://tdeecalculator.net/
    Miracleman90215 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Welcome to the Forum MM
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure

https://tdeecalculator.net/
    ^^^^^

Thank you for the info i will do what i can! Do either of you have any good diet plans in terms of what to eat or just limit portion size and cut sugar, carbs, and salt?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You need to count calories, figure out your TDEE.

Tried counting calories today and it worked pretty well. Does going on a 600 calorie deficit make sense? Or would that just be crazy?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman90215 View Post
    Tried counting calories today and it worked pretty well. Does going on a 600 calorie deficit make sense? Or would that just be crazy?
    Personally I would not start out at 600calorie deficit. Start with 200-300calorie deficit and slowly drop cals each week.

All u need to do is track your intake and decrease the amount of carbs and fat you eat weekly until you look the way u want to... make sure u get enuff protein (approx 1gram per pound - so 235g protein per day).

For cardio I prefer to focus on calories burned instead of time, this way it's consistent. Start with 400 cals at 3 x per week and slowly increase as the weeks go on... like 500 cals x 3, then 500 cals x4, then 600 cals x 4, etc.. while simultaneously reducing your carb and fat macros.. keep protein the same throughout.

Get my fitness pal

Figure up a diet and post it here for critique. Be sure to include total macros.

Macro: grams of protein, carb, fat you eat each day. If u don't have an understanding Google it.
    73rr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Personally I would not start out at 600calorie deficit. Start with 200-300calorie deficit and slowly drop cals each week.

All u need to do is track your intake and decrease the amount of carbs and fat you eat weekly until you look the way u want to... make sure u get enuff protein (approx 1gram per pound - so 235g protein per day).

For cardio I prefer to focus on calories burned instead of time, this way it's consistent. Start with 400 cals at 3 x per week and slowly increase as the weeks go on... like 500 cals x 3, then 500 cals x4, then 600 cals x 4, etc.. while simultaneously reducing your carb and fat macros.. keep protein the same throughout.

Get my fitness pal

Figure up a diet and post it here for critique. Be sure to include total macros.

Macro: grams of protein, carb, fat you eat each day. If u don't have an understanding Google it.
    ^^^^^^ there you go

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    ^^^^^^ there you go
    thank you!

Thread Information