• 1 Post By solit1ea

Thread: PLEASE HELP, struggling to pass 184lbs

BradTHEman1865 is offline New Member

PLEASE HELP, struggling to pass 184lbs

5ft 9 or 5ft 10 not sure lol
    184lbs
    2and a half years lifting, gained 40lbs
    Can't seem to gain anymore, can't pass 184lbs
    Been eating 4300 calories a day consecutively for around 6months and slowly got to 184 but can't pass it!
    Need help!
    Also I have a physical job that's why I eat so much, but there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to eat more and get work done lol,
    Please HELP!!

Alosh81 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BradTHEman1865 View Post
    5ft 9 or 5ft 10 not sure lol
    184lbs
    2and a half years lifting, gained 40lbs
    Can't seem to gain anymore, can't pass 184lbs
    Been eating 4300 calories a day consecutively for around 6months and slowly got to 184 but can't pass it!
    Need help!
    Also I have a physical job that's why I eat so much, but there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to eat more and get work done lol,
    Please HELP!!
    Eat more, and then more and after that a little bit more, np

solit1ea is offline Junior Member
    A lot of people oversee this, but rest is a HUGE factor in growth as well. If you can't rest, you can't grow. Given your physical job (not sure what it is-- construction, factory, distribution, etc) and not knowing much of what your workout program is, I can imagine you don't have much rest in there if you are eating 4300 kcals and not gaining.

If you have a physically active job, have a fast metabolism, AND working out 4+ times a week AND doing cardio (not sure why you would at this point?), then yes you do need to eat more to make up the deficit your body is producing.

I would try this: stick with the calories you are currently eating and try working out ONLY 3 times a week. Let your physically active job take care of the rest of the energy expended. Preferably, you would want those workout days on days you don't work, but this is "real life" and we know that may not happen. The other days you aren't lifting weights (or working), focus on the following: rest (sleep), stretching, and enjoying the time off! Make sure you are getting quality sleep, stretch the sore muscles, and do things that are still physically active, but aren't physically taxing (riding a bike, going for a walk, rec sports, etc).
    Now, maybe you are only working out 3 times a week, but I don't know given the information you provided. Most likely you are not given the issues.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Thread Information