Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nephets
  • 1 Post By Nephets

Thread: Somethings wrong with my diet, cause I'm not making gains apparently.

lifegoeson is offline Junior Member

Somethings wrong with my diet, cause I'm not making gains apparently.

Okay so this is my diet.
    I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat eggs, I'm 142-145 lbs. My height is 5'55. I'll update with my bodyfat percentage as of today.
    IIFYM says I should get around 3800-4000 calories daily, idk how accurate this is. I wanna get to 160-165 by the end of summer, which is unlikely without testosterone /dbol cycle. I'm not an arrogant cunt, I just want advice to help me get my shit together and reach my goals. Thank you, I attached my diet.
    Somethings wrong with my diet, cause I'm not making gains apparently.-screen-shot-2017-05-06-11.47.26-pm.png
    Somethings wrong with my diet, cause I'm not making gains apparently.-screen-shot-2017-05-07-3.55.51-pm.png
    Last edited by lifegoeson; 05-07-2017 at 01:56 PM.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Thank you for posting sample diet. Did u figure out macros.

At a glance, protein from food sources appear low...

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Thank you for posting sample diet. Did u figure out macros.

At a glance, protein from food sources appear low...
    Attached macros, also theres not much I can eat.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Let's forget about the computer generated tdee. With your current diet, are you gaining weight or losing weight. If you're gaining are you getting stronger or just getting fat. Are you adding weight to your lifts every week or so or just staying the same.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Let's forget about the computer generated tdee. With your current diet, are you gaining weight or losing weight. If you're gaining are you getting stronger or just getting fat. Are you adding weight to your lifts every week or so or just staying the same.
    I'm gaining but it feels like its all going to my belly, my lifts are gaining.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    If your lifts are gaining that's great. That means your putting on muscle. If you think you are putting on fat too quickly you can either add some cardio or eat a little less. If your spending 2+ hrs in the gym I would suggest eating less. I'd start with 300 calories and see how your body responds.

Back to the 2+ hrs in the gym for training. That's way too much. Keep in mind you break down the muscle in the gym but you build it back up at home. Don't be afraid to do less volume in the gym. One hr of all out intense lifting should be more then enough to stimulate muscle growth. Spend the rest of your time eating and recovering. More recovery...more muscle mass.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~

Somethings wrong with my diet, cause I'm not making gains apparently.

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

I hope this link works. These guys train differently. They spend less time in the gym then most and are freaks. Training with higher intensity; less time. When I do this, I get strong and fat drops. Extremely effective. Cardio incorporated into training.
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 05-07-2017 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Added comments.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I know there are a few pro body builders who are veg and I would suggest investigating that realm. I was veg for over 12 y and vegan for 8 of that. I didn't lift at that time but ran trails like a maniac. Unfortunately the veg diet was really unhealthy for me and I was that way for ethical reasons so very difficult to come off the diet, but it came down to health and well-being. I would suggest further investigation to insure you are getting complete proteins and add aminos to round it out.
    I would also consider, depending upon your reasoning for being veg, adding some type of animal proteins (you can get every protein source imaginable from True Protein online), egg protein, or dairy. I do not mean to encroach on your ethics, just discussion point.
    Maybe some of the guys here will have better suggestions. I think it's challenging teasing out the protein content from legumes and the like, so good luck.
    Once proteins and diet figured out you can dial in kcals

Thread Information