kaykay07 is offline New Member

Help needed for First bulk ever

hey, how are you all bodybuilders.
    I was 103kgs a couple yrs back and have been cutting for a while, I am weighting 75kgs as of now and have been doing intermittent fasting for quite some while, I even had my gyno surgery done a yr back and now I am fed up of dieting to cut.
    My current stats-
    Height 172cm
    weight 75kgs
    Benchpress max - 82kgs
    squats max- 72kgs (have ligament tear in both knees and that is scary)
    deadlift- 90kgs
    I am an endomorph and gain fat pretty fast.
    I would love to know the carbs intake i should be keeping while doing a bulk, I dont want to do a lean bulk and would want to maximise my gains.
    I was planning to do a 2 month bulk and then cut again, If you guys want me to advice on that too then please do.
    Thanks a lot everyone, lets keep everything here positive, I have attached a pic of how i look rn, I know I look shit and thats why I need help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3116.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	733.3 KB 
ID:	169230

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    After my research on bulking and diet I was pointed toward carb cycling or "priming" for before cycle.

I researched to a general concensus that maintenance calories plus 15-20 percent for total calories.

Carb cycling is smart for growth and weight control. The one most prescribed across multiple sites is non lifting days and lifting days are different calories and carbs. Lifting days you maximize your carbs and recovery days you lessen carbs. Total weekly carbs stay the same.

No matter what you calculate as total calories and your breakdown of protein carbs and fats you have to watch the scales. You will need to adjust total calories ....not everyone reacts the same and some substances require more carbs and calories to bulk on.

The below is a new way compared to the 45-35-20 percent breakdown (carb protein and fat)

Carbs: 2-3g/lb
    Fat: .4-.5g/lb
    Protein: 1.1-1.4g/lb lean body mass

16-18 calories/lb of LBM

I agree with this.
    Last edited by Chicagotarsier; 05-14-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Thread Information