Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mma67
  • 1 Post By matt thebeard

Thread: Protein needs

Mma67 is offline Junior Member

Protein needs

I'm curious if different compounds affect your dietary need for protein?

In previous cycles of test I kept my protein intake high to gain mass. High protein seemed to be a necessity. With a test only cycle it was 250+grams per day. My most recent cycle I've used tren and in the beginning of the cycle I kept the protein high and noticed very little definition change, I just felt big and strong but not defined. I tried to go by the 1gram/lb or more of body weight rule for protein intake, many days taking in as much as 250+ grams of protein (I weigh 209 now). For me that seems to be excessive. I've recently stopped trying to cram all the protein to hit that macro and I've notice I've leaned out much better while still making gains. I've also been less carb conscious, eating carbs in moderation and not as much cycling or carb free days. The five meal per day plan seems worthless, 3 to 4 moderate meals seems to work for me. On Tren I don't feel like I need to eat that much to gain mass and stay lean. In case anyone was wondering my calorie intake when bulking/ high protein was almost 3500 calories. When I let go of the calorie counting and ate moderately, usually only when very hungry and choosing the right foods, I found I was eating as little as 2500 calories and taking in around 150grams of protein, sometimes 200+. But still gaining. In a week of cutting calories and protein I still gained 5 lbs and look fantastic!

In conclusion I feel like a moderately strict diet, without cutting carbs and taking in 1/2 to .75 grams of protein per lb of body weight has been sufficient. Trying to eat 5 times a day for me made me too bulky and sluggish. Eating when hungry and choosing healthy foods has helped me to look and feel much better. Tren seems to change your dietary needs. If I eat less, I can still keep the muscle I have and if I lift heavy and eat under 200 grams of protein I can still gain muscle and strength while leaning out. I know some of you will point to calories and of course the other macros but the fact that my protein was low some days and I still gained mass while losing fat says a lot about Tren and protein needs.

Thoughts or feedback appreciated.
    Last edited by Mma67; 07-12-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    matt thebeard likes this.

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    I found the best time for that must have protein spike is a large dollop just before bed time, a large (40g or more) spike of protein at bed time will cause that all important GH spike and protein release whilst you sleep, im currently running var at 100mg , tren and test c/e alterntate days, and as you running moderate carbs and i'm growing and leaning out nicely with a decent strength bump too, similar numbers on cals too around 2500 per day of good clean foods. happy days ;-)
    Mma67 likes this.

Thread Information