• 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Extreme Plataue with weight loss

joeb82 is offline Junior Member

Extreme Plataue with weight loss

So, Over the past few years, I have lost a decent about of weight. I am down from over 300 lbs to 260lbs. My height is 6'1

My weight yo yos between 255 and 262. Lowest I have been was 249lbs.

My typical day of eating is the following:

Breakfast - Omlette with Spinach, and cheese w/ green tea and splenda

Lunch - Salad w/ tomato, cucumber, chicken, craisins, and dressing

Dinner - Baked chicken with Spilarized zucchini or cauliflower rice or mashed.

I drink quite a bit of water during the day, I also workout 3-5 times a week depending on my work schedule.

Any help is much appreciated.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by joeb82 View Post
    So, Over the past few years, I have lost a decent about of weight. I am down from over 300 lbs to 260lbs. My height is 6'1

I drink quite a bit of water during the day, I also workout 3-5 times a week depending on my work schedule.

How os your heart condition and blood pressure?

Obs

If you have a healthy heart and bp try 50mg of ephedrine with an asprin and add caffeine in 50 mg shots of coffee or tea until you get shaky then back off.

If you dont get shaky try one mor tab @ 25 mg of ephedrine. Do not exceed 150mg in one day.

This will work for two weeks the take a one week break from ephedrine. Once you get to the point ypu know how you and your blood pressure works you can learn to regulate your dosages as you see fit. Bear in mind never exceed more than fouur 25 mg tabs (100mg) in one six hour period.

MONITOR YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE CONSTANTLY DOING THIS OR YOU COULD DIE SUDDENLY ...

Start low. Work up the dosage as you need but do not keep taking higher dosages if you get shaky.
    Urine acidity can literally double the half life of ephedrine so stay away from soda or energy drinks.

Ephedrine is a beta 2 agonist which meanscyou will develop a resistance relatively quickly and that why you need the break for a week. This gives your receptors a chance to reset after downregulation to the compound.

You will lose 20 lb pretty fast. Mess up though and you could die. Do not get excited and over enthusiastic and overdose!
    GearHeaded likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You might check into something called intermittent calorie restriction. The gist of it is this.

You lower your calories below maintenance for two weeks. Then go up maintenance for another two weeks and continue yo-yo until your weight loss goal is met.

This is not a new concept but it is gaining favor again especially for female Atheltes. The theory is by going up and down like that repeatedly. Your body never adjust the metabolism to slow down like in a long duration calorie restricted diet. Since your body thinks you’re starving so it starts cutting back.After your two week refeed you go back into calorie restriction for two weeks with the same high metabolism. It basically resets your metabolism from going into starvation mode.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28925405/
    GearHeaded and marcus300 like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    you need reset your metabolism . you been on too low of calories and on Keto diet for too long. you need to start introducing re-feed high carb days and higher calorie days to get your metabolism rolling again . you've stalled and need to reset, or even reverse diet for awhile
    MuscleScience likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    You might check into something called intermittent calorie restriction. The gist of it is this.

You lower your calories below maintenance for two weeks. Then go up maintenance for another two weeks and continue yo-yo until your weight loss goal is met.

This is not a new concept but it is gaining favor again especially for female Atheltes. The theory is by going up and down like that repeatedly. Your body never adjust the metabolism to slow down like in a long duration calorie restricted diet. Since your body thinks you’re starving so it starts cutting back.After your two week refeed you go back into calorie restriction for two weeks with the same high metabolism. It basically resets your metabolism from going into starvation mode.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28925405/

great minds think alike we posted our last posts at the exact same time
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 12-16-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    great minds thing alike we posted our last posts at the exact same time
    Fug u both. My idea was easier.
    Lol
    GearHeaded and MuscleScience like this.

Obs
    ^^^ Gearhead and MS are correct^^^
    You should definitely do some kinda shit with your diet. Its scientifical and stuff. Calories... Intermittent... Deficit... Technical stuff...

Point is... Diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Fug u both. My idea was easier.
    Lol
    your idea coupled with a diet reset would be killer
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    your idea coupled with a diet reset would be killer
    Im gonna side with kel on this one and stay out of the diet biness...

The weird thing is that, I dont consider myself to be on a diet. It's just become my eating habit. I dont like sweets much and I just naturally stay away from carbs. I have read that a good ephedrine is hard to find. I have read people using bronkaide but it isnt the same so I am curious about that.

Are Calorie restriction and fasting the same thing?

Obs
    The weird thing is that, I dont consider myself to be on a diet. It's just become my eating habit. I dont like sweets much and I just naturally stay away from carbs. I have read that a good ephedrine is hard to find. I have read people using bronkaide but it isnt the same so I am curious about that.

Ephedrine is thought to be illegal by most because it is behind the counter at your pharmacy.. Go to the counter at walgreeens and say you want a 60 tab box of bronkaid. Its 15 bucks and if you follow what gh an ms said tou will be on a path to be... Me

Rock it hard my brother.

You must have your idand sign for it

I am drunk as hell corret tomarow.
    Last edited by Obs; 12-17-2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Fuuuuk

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I would defiantly agree with the advice already given but I would like to give some points what may benefit you also. I would try and establish a maintenance diet so your body weight is balanced, usually this will take a few weeks but once you have this dialled you can attack your weight loss with carb cycling and use your fat as fuel while maintaining a fast metabolism. There are many ways of implanting a carb cycling approach but its a great process what will keep your body guessing while attacking your fat storage and keeping your body burning fat. I would also couple this with an increased cardio programme which also benefit you greatly with your goals. When I attack bf levels I much prefer doing it slowly while focusing on maintaining my muscle tissue.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Running a blood test to check that there are no problems would seem prudent. I would personally not include any substances at this point until you have figured out why you have stalled as doing so will "hide" the actual issue as to why you are not continuing to burn off fat.
    marcus300 likes this.

Blog Entries

Fasting is going without food for a time frame. Calorie restriction is eating a limited amount of food but not completely omitting it.
    marcus300 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

TRTdrew is offline Associate Member

Maybe I missed this, but how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by TRTdrew View Post
    Maybe I missed this, but how old are you?
    I am 34. 35 in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    If you have a healthy heart and bp try 50mg of ephedrine with an asprin and add caffeine in 50 mg shots of coffee or tea until you get shaky then back off.

If you dont get shaky try one mor tab @ 25 mg of ephedrine. Do not exceed 150mg in one day.

This will work for two weeks the take a one week break from ephedrine. Once you get to the point ypu know how you and your blood pressure works you can learn to regulate your dosages as you see fit. Bear in mind never exceed more than fouur 25 mg tabs (100mg) in one six hour period.

MONITOR YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE CONSTANTLY DOING THIS OR YOU COULD DIE SUDDENLY ...

Start low. Work up the dosage as you need but do not keep taking higher dosages if you get shaky.
    Urine acidity can literally double the half life of ephedrine so stay away from soda or energy drinks.

Ephedrine is a beta 2 agonist which meanscyou will develop a resistance relatively quickly and that why you need the break for a week. This gives your receptors a chance to reset after downregulation to the compound.

You will lose 20 lb pretty fast. Mess up though and you could die. Do not get excited and over enthusiastic and overdose!
    My Heart and blood pressure are good. I was checked out in October.

With the caffeine, should the most I take at one be 50mg? I do have a pretty high tolerance to caffeine.

I dont drink soda but have had the "sugar free" monsters once in a while which is easy for me to stop.

I appreciate your help.

Fasting is going without food for a time frame. Calorie restriction is eating a limited amount of food but not completely omitting it.
    I am totally up for that. I am trying to find an article about how much I should restrict and what I should eat. I am only finding articles on the difference between IER and fasting. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Obs
    My Heart and blood pressure are good. I was checked out in October.

With the caffeine, should the most I take at one be 50mg? I do have a pretty high tolerance to caffeine.

I dont drink soda but have had the "sugar free" monsters once in a while which is easy for me to stop.

I appreciate your help.
    I would start with 50-100 mg every 30 min.
    If you have no history with ephedrine you won't believe the energy you can get from it. You will either get jittery and hate it or you will love it.

Do not overdose and do not forget to monitor bp

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Do you have good insurance and a good doctor that will do extra paperwork for you? I have a reason I am asking this.

Blog Entries

Adding in a bulk fiber like Psyllium Husks and water will fill you up and help with cholesterol and BMs.

Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Do you have good insurance and a good doctor that will do extra paperwork for you? I have a reason I am asking this.
    My insurance is very good and my doctor is good. I have no reason to expect him to not want to do extra paperwork.

Blog Entries
    I am totally up for that. I am trying to find an article about how much I should restrict and what I should eat. I am only finding articles on the difference between IER and fasting. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Yes, 500-700 kcals below maintance. 3600 kcals is one lb of fat. So if you do it right and your metabolism is not retarded down from prolonged low cal diet. You should burn a pound of fat a week.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Yes, 500-700 kcals below maintance. 3600 kcals is one lb of fat. So if you do it right and your metabolism is not retarded down from prolonged low cal diet. You should burn a pound of fat a week.
    Any food restrictions like carbs, etc?
    Last edited by joeb82; 12-18-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    JeoB check your PM.

Blog Entries
    Any food restrictions like carbs, etc?
    I prefer low carb myself, but whatever works with your macros.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I prefer low carb myself, but whatever works with your macros.
    Very much appreciated. I am going to try this. I havent really been counting calories but I will aim to cut 500-700 kcals a day out of my diet.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Low calories for too long will stall weight loss. Must have refeed days. I usually just recommend carb cycling as mentioned above. It’s work best for me and others that i know. A huge factor that people have missed is cortisol. Obsessing over the scale or mirror will get you no where. Supplement vitamin c, fix your diet. Go two weeks between weigh ins

Thread Information