Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC

Thread: Dexascan, Caliper, and electrical impulse body fat tests.

Thatfreakinguy is offline New Member

Dexascan, Caliper, and electrical impulse body fat tests.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else has tried a dexascan? I did yesterday and the read out/break down was really interesting but it clocked me at 33% BF, the day before I did calipers which had me at 21% and the hand held electrical impulse had me at 23%. Well I saw that 33 and was crushed, I knew I was over weight but that kicked my ass.

I've been doing Keto for 2 months but I dont seem to be losing fat first time I went Keto, I'm doing Hiit workouts,bjj, kettle bells and boxing...but I was thinking of dumping this to go back to more Olympic lifts, squat, snatch, clean and jerk, high weight with lower reps... I will post some pictures, if you agree that visual I'm at 33% then tell a chubby guy how it is ha ha, I appreciate any and all suggestions for lifestyle eating habits (biggest goal is now proper nutrition)and training.
    Stats
    5"7 and 1/2... cant leave the half out
    35 years old
    Weight 220
    Exercise 5 times a week, a day of hitting pads and a day of BJJ sparring
    The cowboy hat was a while back but it's about the best I've been and was at 180, I was thinking 15% BF but would like to hear ideas. Physically I would like to get back there but with more mass
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dexascan,  Caliper, and electrical impulse body fat tests.-20180425_121137.jpg   Dexascan,  Caliper, and electrical impulse body fat tests.-20180314_165708.jpg   Dexascan,  Caliper, and electrical impulse body fat tests.-20180425_121327.jpg   Dexascan,  Caliper, and electrical impulse body fat tests.-blake-cowboy.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First off, i say screw the calipers, dexascan, etc. Use the mirror. That is what counts.
    I am going to keep it simple... Calculate your TDEE ( there are calculators online). Drop 200-500 calories and use that as your daily caloric intake. Try having your macros 48p/38c/12f. Eat every three hours.
    It may take a couple of days to start seeing results.
    I would add cardio to make any adjustments to weight loss. If you really want to be agrressive, ad cardio 2 x day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thatfreakinguy and Obs like this.

Thatfreakinguy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    First off, i say screw the calipers, dexascan, etc. Use the mirror. That is what counts.
    I am going to keep it simple... Calculate your TDEE ( there are calculators online). Drop 200-500 calories and use that as your daily caloric intake. Try having your macros 48p/38c/12f. Eat every three hours.
    It may take a couple of days to start seeing results.
    I would add cardio to make any adjustments to weight loss. If you really want to be agrressive, ad cardio 2 x day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Awesome, thanks for the advice man! That does seem the best way to look at it. Literally in the mirror

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    This is great article about body fat/composition testing and why the mirror really is best (if you can be objective). Also consider taking regular progress pics to compare and measure change over time

https://weightology.net/the-pitfalls...rement-part-1/

Best wishes!
    charger69 likes this.

Thread Information